New member first post (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome.

Just FYI, this site has not officially launched, so it may be slow at times.

Good friend of mine told me about this site and that’s why I’m here. Never tried a political site before we’ll see how it goes. My first question out the gate is one that could happen. Can Elizabeth Warren Beat Trump in a head to head race? Elaborate on why, why not.

I am going to say no for a very simple reason. He is going to Pocahontas her to oblivion. Not saying it’s cool or mature, but it will happen.

He will sell her off as someone who lied to get a break. (I understand he is also guilty of this, but he is better at it).

Also she doesn’t seem able to keep her cool. She comes off as very irate when challenged. I think he will get her into a frenzy and she will come off as unhinged.

Oh, welcome to the board.

Good friend of mine told me about this site and that’s why I’m here. Never tried a political site before we’ll see how it goes. My first question out the gate is one that could happen. Can Elizabeth Warren Beat Trump in a head to head race? Elaborate on why, why not.
    Obviously she can pummel him
    She won’t be as prone to the gaffs Hillary had, and when she speaks to the working poor and corporate greed it won’t ring as hollow as when Hillary did it

The only question is whether the media will prop up trump like they did in 16
    My hope and guess is that the public is just done with this excruciating reality tv show. But it’s going to be hard for the media to kick the habit

Thanks for the question.

The answer is ... nope.

My reasoning? Warren is the same candidate whose political instincts led her to believe it would actually help her candidacy if she sent her DNA off to 23 and me and then release the results.

In addition, I always thought the Democratic candidates would push each other so far to the left that none of them would be electable in the general. Warren, has, IMO fallen into that trap.

She is incredibly inauthentic, even by politician standards. Is there anyone who watched her instagram performance who actually believes sucking down a longneck is really part of her daily routine?

The only people who seem to really like her are the big tech companies who donate bigly to her campaign despite the fact she has sworn to break them up. They are proving with their checkbooks that they don't believe her, so why should we?

Thanks for the question.

The answer is ... nope.

My reasoning? Warren is the same candidate whose political instincts led her to believe it would actually help her candidacy if she sent her DNA off to 23 and me and then release the results.

In addition, I always thought the Democratic candidates would push each other so far to the left that none of them would be electable in the general. Warren, has, IMO fallen into that trap.

She is incredibly inauthentic, even by politician standards. Is there anyone who watched her instagram performance who actually believes sucking down a longneck is really part of her daily routine?

The only people who seem to really like her are the big tech companies who donate bigly to her campaign despite the fact she has sworn to break them up. They are proving with their checkbooks that they don't believe her, so why should we?
    Warren has been more left than any of the other candidates from jump

can't even with the inauthentic thing

The only question is whether the media will prop up trump like they did in 16

o_O In my best John McEnroe impression, "you cannot be serious"!

1570412230986.png

o_O In my best John McEnroe impression, "you cannot be serious"!

1570412230986.png
    prop him up, absolutely
    im not saying they supported him outside of Fox, but they certainly hung on his every utterance and treated him more like a Paris Hilton or a Kardashian than an actual presidential candidate

prop him up, absolutely
    im not saying they supported him outside of Fox, but they certainly hung on his every utterance and treated him more like a Paris Hilton or a Kardashian than an actual presidential candidate

That’s true. He didn’t need to advertise, they gave him plenty of air space. Unfortunately for you guys, this impeachment fiasco will be giving him the same FREE coverage.

Can Elizabeth Warren Beat Trump in a head to head race? Elaborate on why, why not.
    Of course.

Trump is weakened now, and more people are fed up with the corruption in the Executive branch. Warren is the most populist of the Democratic candidates, has the best plans by far of all candidates, and is more concerned with helping every day Americans rather than the top 1% than all candidates.

Trump was historically unlikable in 2016, and went against someone almost as unlikable(according to polls). It's not like he crushed it. The man lost the popular vote, and won the EC by the skin of his teeth. His dislike polling is greater now. What is his message? He can't run on populism again. I think he loses to any of the big 3. I think he would get absolutely crushed by Bernie.

I also don't know how he is going to get around this very easy come back to any zinger. "Did you get that talking point from Russia, or China?"

Hi!

For what it's worth, Warren has been consistently polling ahead of Trump:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...us/general_election_trump_vs_warren-6251.html

While there are no certainties, I think that could easily hold and even increase through a general election campaign.

Warren is largely where she's always been. The thing is, a lot of what gets labelled 'so far to the left' there is mainstream in Western politics internationally. And when you look at support for particular policies, that's often reflected in the US as well; e.g. there's a lot of support for things like universal healthcare.

I mean, it's fair to say extreme policies often can't win enough support to win, but it's also fair to say highly moderate policies can struggle to win support as well (that is, "We'll keep doing what we're already doing! We won't change much!" is not much of a rallying call to anyone who isn't entirely happy with how things are). Warren's policies are distinct enough to be inspiring to those who want changes, and despite the perception you might have of them, they're also actually pretty mainstream. If Warren becomes the candidate and her campaign is able to effectively communicate her policies so that comes across, she could easily win.

I am going to say no for a very simple reason. He is going to Pocahontas her to oblivion. Not saying it’s cool or mature, but it will happen.
    I don't think Trump going "Pocahontas Pocahontas Pocahontas" is going to help him. For one thing, it's literally racist. But to look at it another way, he threw everything including the kitchen sink at Clinton and only just won. He'd have a lot less to throw at Warren, and now he's got several years of his own political baggage (and man, does he have some baggage!).

So I'm not going to say Warren will win (although she would be my personal pick), but if the question is just can she win in principle? Absolutely.

That’s true. He didn’t need to advertise, they gave him plenty of air space. Unfortunately for you guys, this impeachment fiasco will be giving him the same FREE coverage.
    Except that the coverage before was my like a “say no to drugs” campaign- where there is a certain amount of ‘cool’ in being contrarian
    The impeachment will be more like covering a natural disaster- some troubled people will be like “its gods will” but most will just see devastation and the huge cost of rebuilding

Seeing a new Fox News poll today that says Warren is ahead of Trump in Wisconsin by 4%, 45 to 41. Biden beats him by 48-39, but that could be name recognition, idk. (Error in that poll was 2-2.5%, IIRC)

I do think Warren takes away his populism message. She has great positions on actually getting rid of corruption in Washington (rather than just talking about it) and working for the middle class rather than the huge corporations and the ultra wealthy.

Biden is the opponent who threatens Trump the most though, at least right now. It’s still very early.

Trump was historically unlikable in 2016, and went against someone almost as unlikable(according to polls). It's not like he crushed it. The man lost the popular vote, and won the EC by the skin of his teeth. His dislike polling is greater now. What is his message? He can't run on populism again. I think he loses to any of the big 3. I think he would get absolutely crushed by Bernie.

I also don't know how he is going to get around this very easy come back to any zinger. "Did you get that talking point from Russia, or China?"

I'd go for the hands/penis size questions/references, especially if it is Warren. Sounds childish, but that'd really shake him.

Trump's only way to win is drive his opponent's negatives through the roof - essentially getting them close to his negatives. I think Warren or Sanders are the easiest ones to do that to.
    That doesn't mean I think Trump will beat Warren, but I do think he has a shot against her.
    And you can tell Trump fears Biden for exactly that reason. No way he can run up Biden's negatives to anywhere close to his own.

Trump is already having success getting Republicans and swing voters to see Biden as corrupt as or even more corrupt than Trump is.

I think Biden is the most suceptible to Trump's tactics, that's why Trump is targeting him the most. Bullies always prey on the people they think are the weakest and most vulnerable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom