New DHS whistleblower complaint details political interference in intelligence reports (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Interesting - I'm curious what the rules are here. DHS is an executive agency, can it decide what it wants in the reports and what it doesn't? Not sure.

Also, in this case the whistleblower is known - it is Acting Under Secretary (of Intelligence & Analysis) Brian Murphy.

Yep pretty interesting.

We are gonna have some crazy news coming from all over I have a feeling.

Wonder how this one shakes out?

People are already citing this as "old news" because it's just the latest chapter in the book already written and debunked on the Russian hoax

Anxious to see how this actually plays out and what any investigation might yield.

You guys... Ya gotta wait the requisite 24 hrs for the fervor to die down, THEN the debunkers arrive armed with old tweets to supplant new ones, thereby rendering the new ones impotent.

As to the story itself, not shocked.

I anticipate more to come. And once Trump is out of office, there will be a flood of information.

Interesting - I'm curious what the rules are here. DHS is an executive agency, can it decide what it wants in the reports and what it doesn't? Not sure.

Also, in this case the whistleblower is known - it is Acting Under Secretary (of Intelligence & Analysis) Brian Murphy.

How is this usually balanced? Like for agencies in general.

It is a part of the executive branch, but created by Congress and held accountable to Congress.

So, what wins. Executive branch prerogatives or statutory rules/laws?

These reports aren't usually public, right? At least, not directly.

I could be wrong but my sense is that he alleges the administration is trying to control what Congress sees. Skewing the intelligence to say what they want it to say rather than what is actually happening. Considering that we went to war with Iraq because Cheney did the same basic thing, it’s not a great idea for POTUS to try to control or steer the intelligence where he wants it to go.

Or could it be possible that the interference came after the date on those emails? Or that he was pressured to make those denials? There could be any number of reasons for the emails in question, but as usual, they will only be interpreted in one way without regard for any possible context.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom