New Allegations of Cover-Up by Cuomo Over Nursing Home Virus Toll (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    In a private conversation, the governor’s top aide admitted that data was withheld on nursing homes, where more than 10,000 New Yorkers have died during the pandemic.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and his administration faced new allegations on Friday that they had covered up the scope of the coronavirus death toll in New York’s nursing homes, after a top aide to the governor admitted that the state had withheld data because it feared an investigation by the Trump Justice Department.

The remarks by the top aide, Melissa DeRosa, made in what was supposed to be a private conference call with Democratic lawmakers, came as a cascading series of news reports and a court order have left Mr. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat, scrambling to contain the political fallout over his oversight of nursing homes, where more than 13,000 people have died in the pandemic in the state.

Lawmakers from both parties have called for stripping the governor of the emergency powers that he has exercised during the pandemic, while Republicans have demanded the resignations of top Cuomo administration officials and new federal investigations.

If that wasn't bad enough it appears that the Biden DOJ has dropped the investigation:

During Wednesday’s conference call, DeRosa said it appeared the DOJ was no longer focused on New York’s nursing home deaths.

“All signs point to they are not looking at this, they’ve dropped it,” she said.

“They never formally opened an investigation. They sent a letter asking a number of questions and then we satisfied those questions and it appears that they’re gone.”

I am putting on my tinfoil hat:

I find it odd how when the nursing home deaths story broke by the MSM (I remember reading and hearing about this last summer when he was being the praised as the leader the world needed) then all of these democrats staffers came out with sexual harassment claims. It was almost as if they (the left) wanted him out and quiet before the true scope of the nursing home murders came out. An easy CYA, as we have already seen on this thread.
    But, I am a conspiracy theorist so I am sure I am wrong and this is totally on the up and up.

I am putting on my tinfoil hat:

I find it odd how when the nursing home deaths story broke by the MSM (I remember reading and hearing about this last summer when he was being the praised as the leader the world needed) then all of these democrats staffers came out with sexual harassment claims. It was almost as if they (the left) wanted him out and quiet before the true scope of the nursing home murders came out. An easy CYA, as we have already seen on this thread.
    But, I am a conspiracy theorist so I am sure I am wrong and this is totally on the up and up.
    Except this has been in no way quiet. And the nursing home story isn’t going away either.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wh...nal-charges-over-covid-deaths-prosecutor-says

It is just getting deeper and deeper for the Blue governors that were taking this virus more seriously than all the 'Neanderthal' red governors.

I really don't expect any of these politicians for go to jail for this, all they did was kill us peasants and we have been shown over and over that we don't really count except for votes and money.

You know what’s really funny? My deep red state governor also misled about nursing home deaths in the early stages of the pandemic last year. The state just recently quietly increased their nursing home death totals by 25 or 30% a couple of weeks ago. But our R legislature isn’t going to open an investigation.

You are making this into a red/blue issue where it really shouldn’t be. There were plenty of mistakes made, especially in the early chaotic days.

I thought it was all Trumps fault?
    I was told over and over on this board and by the media (especially during the election season) that all the bad policies/actions were because of Trump and his laissez faire and cavalier handling of this virus?

No idea where you are @MT15 but if a #metoo moment doesn't happen, then there should be a complete and open investigation into your governor.

I was told over and over on this board and by the media (especially during the election season) that all the bad policies/actions were because of Trump and his laissez faire and cavalier handling of this virus?

No idea where you are @MT15 but if a #metoo moment doesn't happen, then there should be a complete and open investigation into your governor.
    This is what I mean when I say you don't engage in serious debate.

Ok first, the blame laid on Trump is because he said it would go away by April, it was just the flu, maybe bleach and light work, etc.

He also left the states the figure it out for themselves. He said they would be better at knowing how to handle their situation. This is a widely reported fact.

What Cuomo did or didn’t do has nothing to do with the “liberal reponse.” What he did was the Cuomo response. Each governor did their own thing. If they were all doing the same thing they would be have been working under the direction of the federal government. Which we can all agree did not happen. So pinning his failures on “the left” is a bit hyperbolic. They are his failures, just like human jellyfish Gov. Abbott’s failures in Texas don’t reflect poorly on the functional human in Maryland Larry Hogan.

All that said, if Cuomo is guilty of knowingly lying about deaths then he should be forced to resign or be removed, and face any criminal charges that are pertinent... Just like any government leader who is guilty of the same thing.

No, you weren’t.

No, you weren’t.

I'm going to echo this - you were never told it was all Trump's fault. Just that he was doing a terrible job, and since most of us don't live in New York, and we all live in the United States, and most Republicans here kept denying the severity and scope of the virus from the very beginning, it didn't even get to the point of going down the line of which governors were doing a good job - even when I made posts saying that DeWine in Ohio was doing a better job than Northam was in my state of Virginia.

And, FWIW, I don’t think my R governor should be investigated and I think he has done a pretty good job with the pandemic. I think we are all forgetting how chaotic it was at first, how scared everyone was, and how little knowledge there was on what was the best course of action.

Basically, Cuomo is in trouble because there is evidence of a coverup, and evidently he is a real bastage to everyone who works for him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-administration-homes-developmentally-disabled-coronavirus

And the holes gets deeper. I wonder what new sexual allegation will out now to help distract from this new ding in the the left's coronavirus policies.

I mean come on! IMO the dems are not even hiding it anymore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom