Nancy Pelosi's husband attacked in home (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    This could go in several threads but deserves one of its own. Apparently, the suspect got into the home and was looking for the Speaker. The police saw some of the attack and the spouse is in surgery. Social media accounts point to him being an election denier. This is pretty forked up.

None of these people have acknowledged that they were wrong, not really. Musk said he had apologized, but he didn’t do it publicly and he didn’t seem at all sincere. That Claypool dude just trying to change the subject when confronted with his error was also not really even backtracking.

This is people parroting the terrible model of Trump - refuse to admit an error, ever. Just double down and plow ahead. We even see it among posters here. It’s really frustrating.

I drew the line in the sand on this one because it's in such bad taste. It's doubly so from the 500 club types. I have serious issues with Congress, and Paul's insider trading. I'm not a champion of Paul, or Nancy. Still, it takes no real effort to say "I don't condone the attack, and I hope he pulls through."

I just don't want to hear how much your faith means to you, or any of that crock. It all stems from hate. They built up this imaginary enemy in Democrats, a few more then others. They dehumanized these people to the point they can't show any empathy. That's why they short circuited on this. The "Christian Compassion" can't override the Fox opinion block.

Imagine after the baseball attack, we all said the shooter was actually in a relationship with a conservative member. That it's a false flag by Republicans to make Democrats look bad.

I drew the line in the sand on this one because it's in such bad taste. It's doubly so from the 500 club types. I have serious issues with Congress, and Paul's insider trading. I'm not a champion of Paul, or Nancy. Still, it takes no real effort to say "I don't condone the attack, and I hope he pulls through."

I just don't want to hear how much your faith means to you, or any of that crock. It all stems from hate. They built up this imaginary enemy in Democrats, a few more then others. They dehumanized these people to the point they can't show any empathy. That's why they short circuited on this. The "Christian Compassion" can't override the Fox opinion block.

Imagine after the baseball attack, we all said the shooter was actually in a relationship with a conservative member. That it's a false flag by Republicans to make Democrats look bad.
    Yeah, there’s really nothing done by democrats that I can think of that would compare to what they did.

I sure hope no crazy person breaks into my house and assults me. i sleep in my boxers and under shirt. Some people here would think the crazy guy is my secret lover because i was in my underwear in my own house.. some people are just dumb i guess...

I honestly think it falls somewhere along the lines of them believing that Democrats and liberals represent evil/Satan and that Republicans represent good/God which sets up the scenario where it's easy to mock and justify violence against those ungodly pieces of shirt.

I honestly think it falls somewhere along the lines of them believing that Democrats and liberals represent evil/Satan and that Republicans represent good/God which sets up the scenario where it's easy to mock and justify violence against those ungodly pieces of shirt.

So much of what Republican politicians and voters say and do can be explained through this simple prism. It colors their view of everything.

It’s incredibly dangerous. It is a true slippery slope. We watched supposedly “normal” people, both prominent people and regular people, try to justify a savage attack on an elderly man who was asleep in his bed at home by making up crazy lies. And none of them even have the decency to apologize or even feel guilty about their lies. It is truly how you get a society to commit atrocities, by demonizing folks. I’ve not seen anything like this before in this country. It’s not good.

Yes, which is what most people said from the beginning. Except the Fox/right wing media universe which went with conspiracy theories about gay lovers and straight up lies about a man who was attacked in his own home with no justification for it.

It was pretty disgusting - as if Alex Jones was the person behind the scenes at Fox telling them how to do it.
    It was weird, everyone admitted that at least honestly. I thought it was a some kind of creepy gay underwear fight club thingy. I have no problem admitting that. If that makes me disgusting, ok.

There have been a lot of lies about politicians and politician's families in the very recent past. The clutching the pearls schtick is kind of reaching a bit, don't you think?

I thought it was a some kind of creepy gay underwear fight club thingy.

Farb said:
    What is he holding, a glass or a beer? Either way, that is strange to be holding something else as opposed to both hands on a hammer?

Yeah man it's really weird to have a beer, or wine bottle in your hand, and in your underwear while watching tv. Paul was a real deviant.

It was weird, everyone admitted that at least honestly. I thought it was a some kind of creepy gay underwear fight club thingy. I have no problem admitting that. If that makes me disgusting, ok.

There have been a lot of lies about politicians and politician's families in the very recent past. The clutching the pearls schtick is kind of reaching a bit, don't you think?
    The assertions that there was no break in, that the intruder was in his underwear, that Mr. Pelosi knew him, were all complete lies with no basis in fact, and that these things were put forth so easily, and even joked about immediately after the attack, while the man was still in ICU is completely disgusting.

I’m not clutching pearls, just disgusted by someone who would be so eager to be a complete ghoul about such a brutal attack. Mostly at prominent people who should have known better. You and SFL just demonstrated how gullible you all are when it fits your preferred narrative. Over and over you both listen to your “sources” who prove to be just full of it.

Conspiracy theories are almost never true. And this particular instance was very much Alex Jones-like and he is a disgusting human being. So wear that label with pride, I guess, you do you.

The assertions that there was no break in, that the intruder was in his underwear, that Mr. Pelosi knew him, were all complete lies with no basis in fact, and that these things were put forth so easily, and even joked about immediately after the attack, while the man was still in ICU is completely disgusting.

I’m not clutching pearls, just disgusted by someone who would be so eager to be a complete ghoul about such a brutal attack. Mostly at prominent people who should have known better. You and SFL just demonstrated how gullible you all are when it fits your preferred narrative. Over and over you both listen to your “sources” who prove to be just full of it.

Conspiracy theories are almost never true. And this particular instance was very much Alex Jones-like and he is a disgusting human being. So wear that label with pride, I guess, you do you.
    Well, to be fair, there were theories that the person that did break in was right wing nut job. While a nut job, I would hardly call this guy a right winger.

I am sorry that you associate anyone that might have a few questions about the narrative put out by politicians and the msm with Alex Jones. While not my fault or problem, I will attempt to do better by you MT.

Maybe, was this called for?

Maybe not, but there are few words as appropriate as that for someone who admits in this very thread that people of different morals and values are undeserving of empathy and that you had no problem laughing at the assault of an elderly man by a person who wanted to cripple his elderly wife.

It's ironic that they are doing a lot of pearl clutching and lecturing us while they ignore The Press versus the President article which eviscerates their whole Russia Trump collusion narrative.

Well, to be fair, there were theories that the person that did break in was right wing nut job. While a nut job, I would hardly call this guy a right winger.

I am sorry that you associate anyone that might have a few questions about the narrative put out by politicians and the msm with Alex Jones. While not my fault or problem, I will attempt to do better by you MT.
    So, this is a dishonest framing of what happened. It wasn’t simply people asking questions and you know it. They made up lies. It was completely like Alex Jones, and it wasn‘t all the media, it was the right wing only.

He is totally a right wing nut job, the stories about him that denied that are also lies. He may have been less of a right winger 10 years ago, but he is decidedly right wing now.

Maybe not, but there are few words as appropriate as that for someone who admits in this very thread that people of different morals and values are undeserving of empathy and that you had no problem laughing at the assault of an elderly man by a person who wanted to cripple his elderly wife.
    Maybe I don't recall the empathy extending to Kavanaugh a few months back or all that empathy for Trump and his family, so maybe it is just not me? Is that possible or do you think it is just me and the other 'conservatives' on here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom