Media Tracker (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

I know you guys have built up Russia to be this superpower that can barely be controlled and Putin is an evil genius who can outsmart the entire world just to justify the actions the US has been taking. If that makes you feel better go for it.

Putin is a bad guy, but there are plenty of bad leaders in the world. I understand the US has to have a bogeyman for the public to justify the US actions and money that they are using to combat Russia.

If you support the US war machine that's fine, but let's stop pretending it's to protect democracy or to protect Europe from Putin taking over their countries too.
    This is such a revisionist interpretation far removed from reality. First it was the Russians wouldn't invade to Russia will take Kyiv within three days. Now it's their GDP is much smaller than the US and as such they pose little danger to us. The reality is that most, including the west such as the US believed that Russia, at the very least would take Kyiv and divide Ukraine. And within days of the invasion, panic spread throughout the Baltic states and Poland because they feared that they would be next. Biden and NATO had to deploy advance units and bombers hoping that would persuade Putin not to advance there.

And if you think the Russian threat was overblown in the west, search no further than your overlord's actions. They too believed that Ukraine would fall easily. So much so that they foolishly sent in reconnaissance units deep behind enemy lines without support only to be slaughtered. Now much credit should be given to Ukraine and their resilience. However, their success lays also in Russia's failures (corruption, logistics, hubris, strategy, etc) and the support to Ukraine from the West. Those javelins, stingers, and nlaws helped stop the northern advance towards Kyiv by neutralizing Russian armor and air advantage. Otherwise, today's debate...a year later couldve easily be about Poland's security. So yeah, helping Ukraine does help neuter Russia without a single American foot on the frontlines.

Now I'm truly curious. Where do you get your information? I suspect the sources are the same as many Republicans because a recent poll showed support for Ukraine has decreased from the high 80s to now only 48% among Republicans. And it's truly silly that you cannot accept that Russia, which has the fourth largest military budget doesn't pose any threat. Let's review.

Second Chechen war 1999-2000​

Invasion of Georgia 2008​

Invasion of Ukraine 2014​

Syria 2015 – present​

Kazakhstan 2022​

They forgot moldova, and Russia's hands in the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict and even in the Belarussian prodemocracy demonstrations. But no, it's NATO and the American's fault, right? Our CIA must be whispering in Putin's ears.

Edit: I want to also add that Russia's brutality (the war crimes) are consistent in Putin's wars. Grozny was razed to the ground much like mariupol. Aleppo in syria. The Wagner group, a neo-nazi group btw..named after Hitler's favorite composer...committed ISIS level atrocities in Syria and Ukraine. That is what YOU are supporting. It's disgusting.

Edit again: I was going to walk off but I remembered the atrocities by these Wagners in Mali. They committed genocide and tried to blame the French by burying the bodies next to their abandoned base. Unfortunately for them, the French had drone surveillance and recorded these Russians. Yeah that's the level of "believe the Russian BS".

Last edited:
    This is such a revisionist interpretation far removed from reality. First it was the Russians wouldn't invade to Russia will take Kyiv within three days. Now it's their GDP is much smaller than the US and as such they pose little danger to us. The reality is that most, including the west such as the US believed that Russia, at the very least would take Kyiv and divide Ukraine. And within days of the invasion, panic spread throughout the Baltic states and Poland because they feared that they would be next. Biden and NATO had to deploy advance units and bombers hoping that would persuade Putin not to advance there.

And if you think the Russian threat was overblown in the west, search no further than your overlord's actions. They too believed that Ukraine would fall easily. So much so that they foolishly sent in reconnaissance units deep behind enemy lines without support only to be slaughtered. Now much credit should be given to Ukraine and their resilience. However, their success lays also in Russia's failures (corruption, logistics, hubris, strategy, etc) and the support to Ukraine from the West. Those javelins, stingers, and nlaws helped stop the northern advance towards Kyiv by neutralizing Russian armor and air advantage. Otherwise, today's debate...a year later couldve easily be about Poland's security. So yeah, helping Ukraine does help neuter Russia without a single American foot on the frontlines.

Now I'm truly curious. Where do you get your information? I suspect the sources are the same as many Republicans because a recent poll showed support for Ukraine has decreased from the high 80s to now only 48% among Republicans. And it's truly silly that you cannot accept that Russia, which has the fourth largest military budget doesn't pose any threat. Let's review.

They forgot moldova, and Russia's hands in the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict and even in the Belarussian prodemocracy demonstrations. But no, it's NATO and the American's fault, right? Our CIA must be whispering in Putin's ears.

Edit: I want to also add that Russia's brutality (the war crimes) are consistent in Putin's wars. Grozny was razed to the ground much like mariupol. Aleppo in syria. The Wagner group, a neo-nazi group btw..named after Hitler's favorite composer...committed ISIS level atrocities in Syria and Ukraine. That is what YOU are supporting. It's disgusting.

Edit again: I was going to walk off but I remembered the atrocities by these Wagners in Mali. They committed genocide and tried to blame the French by burying the bodies next to their abandoned base. Unfortunately for them, the French had drone surveillance and recorded these Russians. Yeah that's the level of "believe the Russian BS".
    Taibbi and Greenwald are carrying Putin’s water here. I cannot fathom why they do this, but it’s undeniable at this point. Tucker Carlson also, and several prominent US Congress members. It’s pretty dis heartening that we have so many who so obviously side with evil.

CNN is reportedly considering turning over some key hours on their schedule to not a veteran journalist, but a comedian.

The cable news network has been shuffling the schedule and roster over the past few months: parting ways with Brian Stelter and his Reliable Sources show; returning Jake Tapper to his afternoon gig on The Lead after a stint shepherding the CNN’s election coverage; launching a new morning show with Kaitlin Collins, Don Lemon, and Poppy Harlow; expanding Jim Acosta’s weekend CNN Newsroom duties; and shaking up the daytime schedule with new anchor combinations.

But there’s still a big glaring hole in the 9 pm ET hour formerly featuring Chris Cuomo, who was ousted after an internal investigation revealed conflicts between his role at CNN and the advice he gave to his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), during his various scandals. The 10 pm ET hour also is yet to find a permanent host, with the previous resident of that spot, Lemon, now part of the CNN This Morning crew.

Chris Licht, who took the reins at CNN in the aftermath of the Warner Bros. Discovery merger, has been a driving force behind many of the changes. He’s been adamant that he has no intention of bringing Cuomo back — and the former Cuomo Prime Time host has a new show on News Nation anyway — and according to a new report by Semafor’s Max Tani, Licht is considering taking a risk with these primetime spots.

CNN is thinking about hiring a “comedian,” or “news entertainment personality,” for the 9 to 11 pm ET hours to provide “a nontraditional version of the news,” wrote Tani, citing five sources familiar with the network’s plans.

The names floated internally by CNN executives reportedly include Bill Maher, Trevor Noah, and Jon Stewart.

Noah departed The Daily Show in December, and hasn’t announced his next step. Noah’s Daily Show predecessor Stewart got accolades from Licht in a New York Times interview last year, but is currently under contract with a show on Apple TV+

A “potentially more realistic prospect,” according to Tani, is Maher, since he’s “already in-house” at CNN’s parent company Warner Bros. Discovery with his HBO show.

CNN is “looking for their version of John Oliver,” one source told Tani. The network has undoubtedly seen the ratings successes of Fox News’ Gutfeld!, hosted by Greg Gutfeld.

Developing a comedy program is squarely within Licht’s wheelhouse, as the CNN head honcho spent six years as the executive producer of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, meaning he’s “comfortable with producing a non-traditional late night show with some news elements.”..............

Taibbi and Greenwald are carrying Putin’s water here. I cannot fathom why they do this, but it’s undeniable at this point. Tucker Carlson also, and several prominent US Congress members. It’s pretty dis heartening that we have so many who so obviously side with evil.
    It’s also the mark Levine s or any of these “mainstream” republicans. Talk radio I suspect is the biggest factor. That is my anecdotal answer. It’s extreme how much hate it breeds…even passing comments…like questioning why mlk is a holiday. It was just a matter of time before the republican base turn against Ukraine. I just don’t think this iteration of republicans believe in liberal democracy or the world order set up post wwii. They are anti nato. Anti un. They view the imf and world banks as some globalist plot. Goes on and on.

What is really difficult for me to understand is a supposed far left, anti imperialist supporting Russia. As we can see, much of SFL’s arguments align with theirs. Russian propaganda tells them that Russia is the only great power that doesn’t have empires nor colonies. We see this from Davis’s monitoring Russian media. Yet just a simple look at the map and we see that isn’t remotely true. Much of Russia’s casualties are ethnic Asian minorities. This war of Ukrainian subjugation embodies that empire aspiration. Rebuilding the ussr is that empire building. Best I can think of is that Russia is feeding on this hatred of western colonialism and in their frenzy these leftist just nod to anyone that is against the west and the international institutions associated with them.

A marriage of the enemy of my enemy…far right and far left. One hates the liberal world order; the other distrusts the players with past empires and cynically view anything they do as revitalizing empires.

I stumbled on this today. It was published nearly a year ago fact checking Russian lies prior to the war. Rampant in the series of lies are that Russia is a "peaceful country", and the crisis is a product of the US.

…….Deprived of Trump-style excitement by a mostly competent, sometimes boring president, the news media has greeted the supposed scandal of Biden’s mishandling of classified documents with breathless glee.

CNN has devoted hours of coverage to chewing it over. The broadcast networks have, in some cases, led their evening newscasts with it.

Finally, all this coverage seems to say, a chance to get back to the false equivalence that makes us what we truly are! And make no mistake, any effort to equate Biden’s sloppy mishandling with former president Trump’s removal of hundreds of classified documents to his Florida hangout at Mar-a-Lago is simply wrong.

As Todd pointed out, Biden has cooperated with the justice department’s search for documents, while Trump has obfuscated and resisted. And although much of the news coverage has pointed this out, it has nevertheless elevated the supposed Biden scandal by giving it so much time, attention and prominence.

It might even remind you of the media’s appalling obsession with Hillary Clinton’s email practices during the 2016 presidential campaign – an obsession that may have affected the election’s outcome, helping to give us four years of a president with no respect for the democracy he was elected to lead.

Why does this keep on happening?

No one has described the cause better than two thinktank scholars in a 2012 Washington Post opinion piece (and the italics are mine): “We understand the values of mainstream journalists, including the effort to report both sides of a story.

But a balanced treatment of an unbalanced phenomenon distorts reality. If the political dynamics of Washington are unlikely to change any time soon, at least we should change the way that reality is portrayed to the public.”………

This is how easily misinformation infect us.
    However, in the last few days, we have been besieged by bewildering evidence-free assertions, that we somehow grossly exaggerated the Russian business retreat. Last week, two European authors released a publication claiming that only 8.5% of Western companies have actually pulled out of Russia. This study was published without supporting evidence, on the non-peer-reviewed, open-submission platform SSRN.

The headline was immediately, uncritically picked up by reporters, who rushed to publish stories that parrot the same cynical talking points as the researchers.

What's interesting was I had actually saw this misinformation a few days ago. When I read it, it confused me because it completely contradicted another article I had read before:

Here is an article that stated that sanctions are working:

But a few days ago I came across some headlines and stories like this:

This is how easily we can be duped.

I haven’t ever seen this correspondent, never heard of her. But Twitter tells me she is either less than honest about her interviews, or is lazy about vetting them. This man was presented as a random PA voter. The comments also pointed out she did what they considered a hit job on Fetterman during the campaign.

I don't think any of us have to worry about seeing Don Lemon on TV for much longer.

He’s a lunatic.
    He thinks he knows everything about women, but he only knows enough to not make eye contact with Kaitlin Collins in that moment.

She was shooting lazer beams at him, and was close to grabbing him.

If the WSJ is suppressing this story - which is a bombshell - they are damaging their credibility going forward.

Oh, and I cannot wait for Matt Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald to weigh in on the dishonesty of Fox News. The unethical journalistic practices and the hypocrisy. They will have a field day…..

also:

Oh, and I cannot wait for Matt Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald to weigh in on the dishonesty of Fox News. The unethical journalistic practices and the hypocrisy. They will have a field day…..

also:

This should have it's own thread. Some serious juice in those text.

Interesting distinction between views on national and local news.

Of course, local papers are disappearing, and so many 'local' TV news stations are owned by single conglomerates (like Sinclair)
    ============================================

A new survey found that half of Americans believe that national news organizations intend to mislead, misinform or persuade the public.

More than half of the Americans surveyed, 53 percent, in the Knight Foundation and Gallup poll said they held an unfavorable opinion of the media, which was down slightly from 2020 levels.

“This study suggests that many Americans are not solely skeptical of news today — they feel distrust on an emotional level, believing news organizations intend to mislead them and are indifferent to the social and political impact of their reporting,” the report says.

The poll found that just 35 percent of those surveyed said that they think most national news organizations can be relied on to deliver necessary Information, while 72 percent said they think those organizations have enough resources and opportunities to deliver the information accurately.

More than half of respondents said that they do not think that national news organizations “care about the best interests” of their audience, and just 35 percent said that they think that news organizations care about how their reporting affects society.

However, Americans’ views shifted when asked specifically about local news organizations versus national news organizations.

Fifty-three percent of respondents said that they think that local news organizations care about how their reporting affects society, and 47 percent said that local news organizations “care about the best interests” of their audience.

Most Americans said that local news organizations were reliable to get the information that they need, and 44 percent said that local news organizations do not intend to mislead the public.

Sixty-five percent of Americans also said that they believe local news organizations have enough resources and opportunities to deliver the information they need.

The polling comes as local news outlets are on the decline as local newspapers are closing at an average rate of two per week in the United States, according to Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, Media and Integrated Marketing Communications..............

Jon Stewart compared and contrasted Fox News and InfoWars host Alex Jones — and suggested Jones is a “far less pernicious influence” on America than Rupert Murdoch’s conservative network.

On the latest episode of his podcast, “The Problem With Jon Stewart,” the comedian acknowledged Jones’ history of pushing conspiracy theories and defaming the families of the Sandy Hook victims, but then argued people know what Jones does and who he is.

“As a cultural pathogen, Fox News is far more powerful, far more devious, far more pernicious and has created far more damage than Alex Jones ever will,” Stewart told University of Utah law professor RonNell Andersen Jones.

“And at least Alex Jones gives you supplements to help offset the damage,” Stewart jokingly added, referencing Jones’ penchant for hawking dietary aides.

“Alex Jones is a wolf in wolf’s clothing,” Stewart said during a lengthy discussion about defamation law and the falsehoods knowingly peddled by personalities on Fox. “Fox News is the opposite,” he added.............

Even you lefitsts don't want to believe that even ChatGPT states that I'm not "right leaning" but actually advocate for progressive values and I'm BOTH SIDES. Or, perhaps it could mean that the Russians have not and did not try and influence the election of 2020.

Another example of how the corporate, Obama media has brainwashed everyone.

Appearing on NewsMax is always a sign that you are a “serious” “journalist” lol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom