Justice Ginsburg hospitalized (Update: discharged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Heaven forbid she has Covid and something happens to her. If McConnell has one shred of decency left in his decrepid body, he would follow his own precedent in denying a sitting president a judicial nominee because it is an election year. Alas, he has already proven that to not be the case as he's openly inidcated that he doesn't mind being completely and unequivacobly hypicritcal and moving forward with confirming a pick by trump. If that were the case, he'd deserve any name he was called.

Heaven forbid she has Covid and something happens to her. If McConnell has one shred of decency left in his decrepid body, he would follow his own precedent in denying a sitting president a judicial nominee because it is an election year. Alas, he has already proven that to not be the case as he's openly inidcated that he doesn't mind being completely and unequivacobly hypicritcal and moving forward with confirming a pick by trump. If that were the case, he'd deserve any name he was called.
    He already said he wouldn't.. the difference to him was that you had the opposition party in the senate...

He already said he wouldn't.. the difference to him was that you had the opposition party in the senate...
    When did he say that? There were reports that he was asked about it at a fundraiser and he said that he would move to confirm the nomination. McConnell and the republicans held the senate during Obama's last year and they denied him his rightful nomination of a supreme court justice. Now you are saying that he said he will deny Trump a supreme court pick because the same party controls both the senate and the white house? Am I understanding you wrong? I don't see how that makes sense.
    Senate - R, White House D = No nomination
    Senate - R, White House R = No nomination
    i hope you are right and I also hope that this is premature speculation and that Justice Ginsberg isn't infected with the virus or that she pulls through if she is.

When did he say that? There were reports that he was asked about it at a fundraiser and he said that he would move to confirm the nomination. McConnell and the republicans held the senate during Obama's last year and they denied him his rightful nomination of a supreme court justice. Now you are saying that he said he will deny Trump a supreme court pick because the same party controls both the senate and the white house? Am I understanding you wrong? I don't see how that makes sense.
    Senate - R, White House R = No nomination
    i hope you are right and I also hope that this is premature speculation and that Justice Ginsberg isn't infected with the virus or that she pulls through if she is.
    Sorry, was unclear. He wouldn't repeat what he did.. he'd move to confirm a republican nominee.

Senate - R, White House R = Nomination

Sorry, was unclear. He wouldn't repeat what he did.. he'd move to confirm a republican nominee.

Senate - R, White House R = Nomination

And the Democrats got rid of the filibuster for S.Ct. confirmations. A move that was obviously going to have future consequences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom