Job creation has slowed down over the past 3 years (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

UncleTrvlingJim

Reaction score
    Getting away from Trump as a person, let's talk policies. Has the economy improved under Trump and what metric are you using? I'll start by saying the economy is very good right now. But I've also been saying the economy has been very good for about 5 years now. One thing proponents of the tax cuts have talked about is job creation, however, job creation has actually slowed down the past 3 years (compared to the last 3 years of Obama....

So, how do you measure economic success, and how has it improved (or not)?

Keep in mind, that the current economy is fueled by greater debt than under the final Obama years.

Please note, that I'm generally not a fan of giving all credit or blame to the President.

Jobs haven't been a problem for a while. It's the quality and type of jobs, and wages that are the issue.

I think wages have been increasing recently, as the labor market has continued to tighten. I think this is an area where there is a definable metric that seems to have improved over the last 3 years.

I think wages have been increasing recently, as the labor market has continued to tighten. I think this is an area where there is a definable metric that seems to have improved over the last 3 years.
    I'll let you know if I agree in about a week or two. ;)

Canada has been on an historic run of job creation after a pretty dismal summer. But even when hiring slowed, wage growth grew even while unemployment rose. Now that unemployment is shrinking, more and more jobs are being added, and wages are growing - it's been a decent run for the economy up here. So I don't think it's a US-only thing, but I'm also not sure how indicative it is of/in other countries.

I heard on a podcast about a year ago or so, that job growth was a worldwide phenomenon. FWIW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom