Increasing racist attacks on Asians (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/09/attacks-asian-american-elderly-/

I will admit, I didn't know anything about these these strings of attacks and the murder of elderly Asian American out west. Really disturbing. In most cases, they have caught sub human scum that have committed these crimes.
    In the case of the murder of Ratanapakdee, I sincerely hope the death penalty will be sought, although that is not possible in the state of CA.

And it's becoming more and more common and acceptable for some reason.
    Since it was an apartment complex, I'm not sure they're real security, or only security by name.

That being said, I disagree with their actions, but I have a feeling that's what they're trained/told to do.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-sea...brutally-beating-asian-woman-on-way-to-church

Some how I get the feeling that that suspect was a Trump fan or white supremacist.

What causes 'men' to stand by and watch someone attack an elderly woman? This is about the security guard who closed the doors as the assault began.
    Is this more of the 'I don't want to get involved' mentality or is it a sign of people just not having conviction to do what is right any longer? Is our society too broken to even see the wrong in attacking our elderly?

suspect arrested
    ===============
    NEW YORK (AP) — The suspect wanted in a brutal attack of an Asian American woman near New York City’s Times Square has been arrested and charged with felony assault as a hate crime, police said early Wednesday.

The arrest comes after the man was seen on video kicking and stomping the woman on Monday. In a statement, police identified the man as Brandon Elliot, 38, of New York City, and said he faces charges of assault as a hate crime, attempted assault as a hate crime, assault and attempted assault.

The 65-year-old woman, whose name has not been made public, was walking to church in midtown Manhattan, a few blocks from Times Square, when police said a man kicked her in the stomach, knocked her to the ground, stomped on her face, shouted anti-Asian slurs and told her, “you don’t belong here” before casually walking away........

Employees of the building who did nothing suspended
    ==================================
    ............Video appeared to show that as the assault continued, at least three people in the lobby of a luxury apartment stood by and watched. One of them closed the door as the assailant walked away and left the woman on the ground, the video showed.

"The victim sustained a serious physical injury and was removed by EMS to NYU Langone Hospital," police said in a statement. She was discharged Tuesday.

Early Tuesday, the Brodsky Organization, which manages the luxury apartments, said the company suspended the apartment building staff members who witnessed the attack and appeared not to come to the woman's aid.

In a statement posted on Instagram, the company said it "condemns all forms of violence, racism, xenophobia, and violence against the Asian American community."

The company said that "the staff who witnessed the attack have been suspended pending an investigation in conjunction with their union." It was working to identify a "third-party vendor present during the incident so that appropriate action can be taken," according to the statement..............

Man who killed his mom arrested in NYC attack on 65-year-old Asian woman (msn.com)

From the same article

He was already on lifetime parole for fatally stabbing his mother in 2002, authorities said. He was freed from prison in November 2019, according to police. No other details about the murder were released.

suspect arrested
    ===============
    NEW YORK (AP) — The suspect wanted in a brutal attack of an Asian American woman near New York City’s Times Square has been arrested and charged with felony assault as a hate crime, police said early Wednesday.

The arrest comes after the man was seen on video kicking and stomping the woman on Monday. In a statement, police identified the man as Brandon Elliot, 38, of New York City, and said he faces charges of assault as a hate crime, attempted assault as a hate crime, assault and attempted assault.

The 65-year-old woman, whose name has not been made public, was walking to church in midtown Manhattan, a few blocks from Times Square, when police said a man kicked her in the stomach, knocked her to the ground, stomped on her face, shouted anti-Asian slurs and told her, “you don’t belong here” before casually walking away........

Here's hoping that P0S never sees the light of day!!! Perhaps they can put him in the same cell block with those that would do the same thing to him.

Employees of the building who did nothing suspended
    ==================================
    ............Video appeared to show that as the assault continued, at least three people in the lobby of a luxury apartment stood by and watched. One of them closed the door as the assailant walked away and left the woman on the ground, the video showed.

"The victim sustained a serious physical injury and was removed by EMS to NYU Langone Hospital," police said in a statement. She was discharged Tuesday.

Early Tuesday, the Brodsky Organization, which manages the luxury apartments, said the company suspended the apartment building staff members who witnessed the attack and appeared not to come to the woman's aid.

In a statement posted on Instagram, the company said it "condemns all forms of violence, racism, xenophobia, and violence against the Asian American community."

The company said that "the staff who witnessed the attack have been suspended pending an investigation in conjunction with their union." It was working to identify a "third-party vendor present during the incident so that appropriate action can be taken," according to the statement..............

Man who killed his mom arrested in NYC attack on 65-year-old Asian woman (msn.com)

From the same article

He was already on lifetime parole for fatally stabbing his mother in 2002, authorities said. He was freed from prison in November 2019, according to police. No other details about the murder were released.

Tragic. And I'm just baffled that this guy was allowed to be out on lifetime parole in this case. Does this incident mean he'd get life in prison?

Tragic. And I'm just baffled that this guy was allowed to be out on lifetime parole in this case. Does this incident mean he'd get life in prison?
    I wouldn't be too baffled. This is now the trend in a lot of cities. Check out the brave new world George Gascon is ushering in Los Angeles County. The idea of self accountability is an after thought.

I wouldn't be too baffled. This is now the trend in a lot of cities. Check out the brave new world George Gascon is ushering in Los Angeles County. The idea of self accountability is an after thought.
    Prison is a state run institution, is it not?

But it is head scratching that murdering your mother gets you 17 years in prison, but kicking an elderly woman (granted a hate crime and second offense) can get you 25..

Shouldn't the murder have gotten him more time? Or maybe they only proved 2nd degree or something?

Glad the security guys were suspended too.

But it is head scratching that murdering your mother gets you 17 years in prison, but kicking an elderly woman (granted a hate crime and second offense) can get you 25..

Shouldn't the murder have gotten him more time? Or maybe they only proved 2nd degree or something?

Glad the security guys were suspended too.

Suspended? I would have fired them on the spot. But that did make me angry. Probably too much so.

Suspended? I would have fired them on the spot. But that did make me angry. Probably too much so.
    They can't. Union, pending investigation.

I'd rather folks not be fired for something, when there is a chance that they'd be so embarrassed, to never do that again.

I was sure that had to be fake until I realized it was from a school in Texas.

We need to nationalize public education.

I completely disagree. Schools are a state/local issue. There are some nutty teachers out there, but relatively speaking, those numbers are small, especially considering how little they get paid for what they do.

Oh look, Huckabee doing Huckabee things...

I have a hard time understanding how someone who claims to be a man of God/faith posts something like that. Just kidding... I understand it perfectly well... he's just another one of these degenerates who weaponizes religion to enforce his sad little political agenda.

Doormen fired
    =========================
    The New York City doormen who were accused of standing by while an Asian woman was brutally attacked outside have been fired by the company that manages the building, CBS News reporter Matt Pieper first reported.

A viral video of the incident last week showed a man kicking a 65-year-old woman to the ground and stomping on her head while verbally assaulting her on March 29 outside 360 West 43rd Street, an upscale residence in midtown's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood managed by The Brodsky Organization.

A 26-second clip of security footage shared by the New York Police Department appeared to show building staff standing by while the brutal attack occurred just outside the building, sparking widespread outrage about their conduct.

But a longer video obtained by Insider showed that three building staffers went to offer assistance after the attacker had left the scene. Staffers said they saw the assailant wielding a knife during the attack............

2 NYC doormen accused of standing by as an Asian woman was attacked have reportedly been fired (msn.com)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom