Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Don't worry. Biden will get elected and keep the tradition alive. :hihi:

Except there's no history of Biden ever doing anything like that.

Biden was notoriously middle-class until 2017. So much so that a number of publications when he got into the race tried to besmirch him by saying he clearly can't manage money. He's done very well since the end of the Obama Presidency on a book deal and the speaking circuit, but he still doesn't have the kind of wealth, power, investments, and business dealings you see from a lot of high profile political figures.

Hunter is a former drug addict who clearly has issues and has exploited his family name. There's no evidence Joe participated or profited from that and his financial statements certainly don't reflect that he has benefitted from that or anything else in his time in public service.

I'm not saying he won't keep the tradition alive, but for him, that would be something new.

Biden's daughter graduated from Tulane some time in the 2000's and in a recent Washington Post article about Biden's attempts to appeal to young voters it mentioned that he was helping her to pay off her student loans. He was in the Senate for 30 years and still couldn't pay his daughter's (admittedly hefty) Tulane tuition out of pocket but he's also corrupt and in politics to cash in. That checks out.

Except there's no history of Biden ever doing anything like that.

Biden was notoriously middle-class until 2017. So much so that a number of publications when he got into the race tried to besmirch him by saying he clearly can't manage money. He's done very well since the end of the Obama Presidency on a book deal and the speaking circuit, but he still doesn't have the kind of wealth, power, investments, and business dealings you see from a lot of high profile political figures.

Hunter is a former drug addict who clearly has issues and has exploited his family name. There's no evidence Joe participated or profited from that and his financial statements certainly don't reflect that he has benefitted from that or anything else in his time in public service.

I'm not saying he won't keep the tradition alive, but for him, that would be something new.

Yeah, I probably should have said my tongue was planted firmly in cheek. I figured the emote would give that indication.

I take exception to this. I look into these things, I read all of the e-mails and I think about it. I clicked on all three articles SFL posted in this thread (or the other one.. I'm losing track).

All of your laughter shows is that you're being partisan and not actually looking into this either.

Would anything change your mind and get you to vote for the other guy? LOL

I am no partisan... I will once again be voting against both parties. Because both have been guilty of this type of stuff for decades, if not centuries.... and nothing will change until we change it by killing the system that allows (even contributes to) this stuff to continue.

I want to be middle-class....!!!!!

I'm not sure you actually read my post.

Also, from the article you just posted:

Biden began buying homes—especially those that were outside his budget—in his twenties, taking out multiple mortgages and receiving loans against life insurance policies. His net worth was often in the negatives—in 2007, he was ranked the least wealthy senator.

Basically, confirming what I said.

This is something else...

In 1996, Biden purchased four acres of secluded, lakefront land in the upscale suburb of Wilmington, Delaware, and built this 6,850-square-foot home. According to Zillow, the lot was purchased back then for $350,000 and the property is now estimated to be worth more than $1 million, though a real estate expert put that figure closer to $2 million. During his vice presidency, he rented out a cottage on the property to the Secret Service for $2,200 a month. When his son Beau was battling brain cancer, Biden considered selling the house to help pay for treatments but was discouraged from doing so by President Barack Obama, who offered to lend him the money instead.

Oh, I read it... and if buying and selling and living in multi million dollar homes (mansions) is Middle Class (hilarious)... I'd like to be Middle Class. I mean I can't speak directly to his finances... but I (someone that is actually middle class) have no shot at being able to get any of those properties (or even a loan for one).... I think it's funny. Sorry. Poor Joe... He couldn't possibly be on the take with his son... he's obviously middle class and not rich enough.

Oh, I read it... and if buying and selling and living in multi million dollar homes (mansions) is Middle Class (hilarious)... I'd like to be Middle Class. I mean I can't speak directly to his finances... but I (someone that is actually middle class) have no shot at being able to get any of those properties (or even a loan for one).... I think it's funny. Sorry. Poor Joe... He couldn't possibly be on the take with his son... he's obviously middle class and not rich enough.

then start buying property today and holding it for 30 years in hopes that it becomes prime real estate.

If you cannot qualify for one of those properties, its probably time you move out "my momma house" .

The REALLY good news? He doesnt owe $400,000,0000 to the Russi....err Deutch Ba....errr well we dont know WHO exactly so maybe the Money Fairy.

Dude, you know I respect you but come on.

Of those houses, only 1 was bought before 2017 where, as I stated, he started making serious money... in his 70's. He rented a cottage out that he had built there as a rental property. Kind of like my middle-class Dad did to help him afford a nice home. The land for that 1 house was bought for $385,000 and he built the home there. That's it. That's all he had before 2017 according to the article you posted. In 2017 he still owed on the mortgage on that one home. He was in his 70's. He bought that home in 1996 and still owed on it. He kept refinancing it to keep the costs down.

Every single other one of the properties in that article were bought after his book deal and speaking fee riches (after 2017, in his 70's).

I get that you're really invested in the idea that they are all the same, and Biden certainly has his warts. Corruption and unearned wealth isn't one of his warts, not even close.

Edit: I had to update that he bought the home in 1996. I originally put 1974 because I was filling out something with my wife's birthday. :hahar:

This also helps to explain how he afforded the 1996 house (which he really still couldn't afford).

In 1974, as a young senator and recent widower (his first wife Neilia and their baby daughter Naomi had died in a car accident in 1972), Biden purchased this former DuPont mansion in tony Greenville for $185,000. He nicknamed the 10,000-square-foot house 'The Station,' and it became the campaign headquarters for his first presidential run in 1988. In 1996, Biden sold the house for $1.2 million.

From 1994 - 2003 I lived in Northern California. I knew a number of people selling their soul for houses more expensive than what Biden owned pre-2017, and those people made less than me. It wasn't unusual for someone making 150K to be in a 1.5 million dollar home.

If you're willing to be fiscally irresponsible it's doable. Interest-only loans combined with stair-stepping your way up during a time when property values are hot (what it looks like Biden did) can get you there. I left Cali because I wasn't willing to do that to own a nice home and be house poor.

This guy was so house-poor during his Vice Presidency he had to borrow money from his boss to help his son with medical bills. If anything we should be talking about Biden's poor fiscal choices to own that home. Frankly, that's the real story, if there is any at all.

I get it SBTB... and I know how real estate works. I have seen the reports on his book deals and speaking fees (NICE!)....

Let's just say I think the Poor Ole' Middle Class Joe mantra is less than genuine, and even if you buy that.... It's not a reason to dismiss the claims against his son (if we are being fair and impartial).

I don't have a solid opinion on this yet as it relates to his Son's dealings, or for the potential/likelihood for Joe to have direct involvement... but I am not going to dismiss it because he's Good Ole' Middle Class Joe either... Million dollar properties and mansions (or the debate on how he obtained them) not-withstanding.

From 1994 - 2003 I lived in Northern California. I knew a number of people selling their soul for houses more expensive than what Biden owned pre-2017, and those people made less than me. It wasn't unusual for someone making 150K to be in a 1.5 million dollar home.

If you're willing to be fiscally irresponsible it's doable. Interest-only loans combined with stair-stepping your way up during a time when property values are hot (what it looks like Biden did) can get you there. I left Cali because I wasn't willing to do that to own a nice home and be house poor.

This guy was so house-poor during his Vice Presidency he had to borrow money from his boss to help his son with medical bills. If anything we should be talking about Biden's poor fiscal choices to own that home. Frankly, that's the real story, if there is any at all.

Serious question... wouldn't this type of financial situation make it more likely (and not less) that he and his son would sell influence for cash...?

Not saying that's what he did... I don't buy that he's poor middle class Joe to begin with (or has been for a while)

Serious question... wouldn't this type of financial situation make it more likely (and not less) that he and his son would sell influence for cash...?

Not saying that's what he did... because I don't buy that he's poor middle class Joe to begin with.

followed by another serious question- wouldnt $400,000,000 owed make it exponentially more likely?

followed by another serious question- wouldnt $400,000,000 owed make it exponentially more likely?

You are like 1 more whataboutism (or answer a question with a question) away from the ignore list... and yes... It's concerning... and Trump is a turd.... but that's not the topic here.

Would anything change your mind and get you to vote for the other guy? LOL

I am no partisan... I will once again be voting against both parties. Because both have been guilty of this type of stuff for decades, if not centuries.... and nothing will change until we change it by killing the system that allows (even contributes to) this stuff to continue.
    Anything is a pretty wide brush, so yes, "anything" would get me to change my mind.

Just not this nothing burger.

Of course, my ballot was already returned, so if "anything" happens, it would be too late.

Or that the effing Vice President of the entire United gosh darned States had to borrow money to pay for his kid's cancer treatment.

Jesus Hopscotching Christ do we live in a f'd up society.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom