Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Yep I am shocked that a guy that his entire existence is a lie would have fabricated this nonsense. The thinking that he was some genius is just ludicrous.

I am so ready for this chump and his cronies to be out of office.

The only thing I want to hear about him is that he is forced to pay back taxes and his horrible time fighting his legal problems.

Disseminating this disinformation appears to have cost Glen Greenwald his job, although he claims he is resigning due to “censorship” or something.

Disseminating this disinformation appears to have cost Glen Greenwald his job, although he claims he is resigning due to “censorship” or something.

Well in all honesty the way his website did absolutely piss poor investigation of the documents of whistle blower Reality Winner he should not have a job in that field anymore.

They way they actually outed her by trying to verify the story is about as horrible as it gets. She is doing five years for their incompetent ways.

He’s one of the worst of this group of grifters that inhabit the far right wing media. They have no integrity.

Here’s Greenwald’s presentation of why he’s leaving - thread (you can see the editors’ concerns - they appear to be reasonable journalistic standards):

The Intercept’s response:

Here’s Greenwald’s presentation of why he’s leaving - thread (you can see the editors’ concerns - they appear to be reasonable journalistic standards):

The Intercept’s response:

This is the greatest.

“We have the greatest respect for the journalist Glenn Greenwald used to be

That says it all right there

Remember the times Trump tried to do away with or weaken the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act? And remember when all those who are “simply anti-corruption” howled in protest at Trump attempting to undercut or kill it since it would lead to corruption where American businesses bribe foreign officials, or those officials bribe American companies for favors?

Yeah, me neither.

Right so, you're going to have to be a bit more specific to go through it, which is going to take a lot of homework, which I'm not sure you'll want to do.

For example, my recollection of the "pee tape" specifically, was that it was mentioned as being part of the Steele Dossier, but other than the media stating it was part of the dossier (and at the same time they also said the dossier was not confirmed) I only ever heard about it from Conservatives complaining about it, and late night comedians. I don't remember any media outlet reporting it as a fact. I could be wrong of course, which is why you'll need to do homework if you want to make the case.

There were stories on the Steele dossier, but most of them I remember as being relatively cautious about it early on. As a sanity check the Wikipedia entry also said this:
    " The media, the intelligence community, and most experts have treated the dossier with caution due to its unverified allegations, while Trump has denounced it as fake news. "

So, obviously, I'm not saying that's 100% correct, but that's my recollection and appears to be the recollection of others. So, I think if you wanted to prove me wrong, you'd have to show articles that do the following:

1. Date of knowledge of the Steele dossier
    2. within a couple of days of Steele dossier knowledge - articles/stories from the media you are complaining about that sensationalize that dossier. Like headlines and so on saying something like "Bombshell report shows Trump may be compromised".
    The issue is that the media extensively covered the Steele Dossier with many stories despite it being unverified or not confirmed while they refuse to cover this story because it's not confirmed or unverified. Can you explain that? What's the difference besides one story involved Trump and one involved Biden?

The issue is that the media extensively covered the Steele Dossier with many stories despite it being unverified or not confirmed while they refuse to cover this story because it's not confirmed or unverified. Can you explain that? What's the difference besides one story involved Trump and one involved Biden?

Do you believe that the media should cover unverified stories like the Steele dossier or the Rudy dossier?

If covering the Steele dossier was wrong, shouldn’t we be happy that the media learned their lesson about covering unverified and salacious stories like the Steele dossier?

Here’s what is probably a good take on Tucker’s humiliation

Lol. Media Matters. You know if I posted things from the Media Research Center you would be complaining about their bias. I'm not surprised that she didn't tweet that UPS found the package considering how MMFA operates. He said he had backups, but was still concerned that the package was missing.

Do you believe that the media should cover unverified stories like the Steele dossier or the Rudy dossier?

If covering the Steele dossier was wrong, shouldn’t we be happy that the media learned their lesson about covering unverified and salacious stories like the Steele dossier?

@UncleTrvlingJim did a great job showing that the media was in fact not covering the Steele Dossier at all at this point in that story. It was months later before they started covering it (after the Buzzfeed story) despite the fact that it was circulating 6 months earlier.

The premise itself has been proven faulty but UTJ's great work on that has been completely ignored.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom