Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

If those e-mails and text messages could stand up to even a preliminary examination Trump would already have forced Barr to charge him
    The problem is that they don't.
    Who said it was illegal? It looks like corruption to me.

SFL, when you use an ounce of your effort to look into the billion with B bailout of Jared Kushner by Qatar or any other easily verifiable profiteering by the Trump family, maybe we'll take your posts seriously.
    We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.
    That was from the 1st post in the thread and it shows up at the top of every page in the thread.

Reading is hard.

So assuming Biden is as corrupt as Trump the end result is... vote for neither? Great! I eagerly anticipate the thread evaluating Jo Jorgensen's and/or Howie Hawkins' policy issues. Could you get the ball rolling on that one? I suspect it will make for far more interesting discussion.

He is as corrupt, and lies just as much, and that's what I've been saying... Vote for anything but either R or D... Past time to send a message.... Kayne was on my ballot, and got my early vote (I realize this is hilarious - I don't care - The other 2 candidates are just as hilarious).... and even though he may be almost as insane as Trump, and nearly as brain dead as Biden... at least he's not completely Full of shirt, corrupt, and he's 1000% more likely to say what he means and means what he says... My conscious will be clear again this year on my vote - I am done compromising or ignoring the obvious.

Or just keep voting for the lies you like to hear.... and getting the same results... whatever.

Last edited:
    1. Prove they came from Hunter.

2. If 1 is done, then, they may prove some specific dealings, but are any illegal or really improper?

3. I'm not up on Hunter's drug use and issues, was this during that time?

4. Doing business in Russia or China isn't illegal. For some industries, it's the only option.

The overall narrative about it, seems to be gossip. A lot of politics has turned to gossip.
    Bobulinski turned over the emails, text messages, etc to the FBI. Besides the FBI the people who could verify if they are from Hunter are ignoring the story.

It looks more like corruption than something illegal other than a possible FARA. How ironic would it be if Joe was guilty of a FARA violation when that's what they used to go after Flynn.

It's not gossip. It's corruption.

So assuming Biden is as corrupt as Trump the end result is... vote for neither? Great! I eagerly anticipate the thread evaluating Jo Jorgensen's and/or Howie Hawkins' policy issues. Could you get the ball rolling on that one? I suspect it will make for far more interesting discussion.
    You are aware that you aren't forced to vote for Trump or Biden right? Why not vote 3rd party?

I find it fascinating that both of our purported third party voters are just determined to smear Biden yet say not a word about any Trump failings. Doesn’t seem like they think both sides are just as bad to me.

It would also be easier to take it seriously if they had just one genuine news outlet verify any of it. But, we have in fact the opposite. Fox News and WSJ said there isn’t any smoking gun pointing to Joe Biden’s involvement in anything illegal or even unethical. Hunter isn’t running, it’s just that simple.

Oh, and didn’t Fox lawyers recently defend Tucker in court by saying he shouldn’t be taken seriously? He’s not a serious person. And we shouldn’t take him seriously.
    Are you really surprised that none of the "genuine" news outlets that are in the tank for Biden have covered it? If it's obviously bullshirt then it should be easy for them to show that besides the laughable Russian disinformation claim.

They could also do something crazy...ask Joe and Hunter directly if Hunter dropped off his laptop, if they had business deals with the people in question, if specific emails or claims in the emails or texts are true. They sure didn't have a problem writing story after story from the unverified Steele Dossier.

That was from the 1st post in the thread and it shows up at the top of every page in the thread.

Reading is hard.
    I'm trying really hard to read, but I'm just not seeing any effort on your part to expose corruption in anyone but Biden. One short, they all do it, phrase and then endless tweets from the most dubious of sources. Help me read, please.

I find it fascinating that both of our purported third party voters are just determined to smear Biden yet say not a word about any Trump failings. Doesn’t seem like they think both sides are just as bad to me.
    We've been over this multiple times. I've criticized Trump, but everyone of my posts don't have to contain a criticism of Trump. When is the last time you criticized Biden or any other Democrats?

Are you really surprised that none of the "genuine" news outlets that are in the tank for Biden have covered it? If it's obviously bullshirt then it should be easy for them to show that besides the laughable Russian disinformation claim.

They could also do something crazy...ask Joe and Hunter directly if Hunter dropped off his laptop, if they had business deals with the people in question, if specific emails or claims in the emails or texts are true. They sure didn't have a problem writing story after story from the unverified Steele Dossier.

So you are now alleging that Fox News and Wall Street Journal are in the tank for Biden? 🤣

That's fairly well covered here (and I use that phrase super-lightly).... I typically have nothing to add there that hasn't been covered here a trillion times over (you guys don't miss a beat on Trumps' idiocy).... The only thing that is regularly not covered here are the obvious deficiencies of anything Not-Trump.

That's fairly well covered here.... I typically have nothing to add there that hasn't been covered here a trillion times over.... The only thing that is regularly not covered here are the obvious deficiencies of anything Not-Trump.

I suppose there’s a case for that, but there are plenty of Trump gaffes and corruption that don’t get mentioned here. I can think of several off the top of my head that haven’t been mentioned at all. 🤷‍♀️

Some people are dangerously dumb enough to believe that if Joe Biden was involved in corrupt money making schemes that it would show up on his financial records.

In fairness, they think that about Trump too.

I'm curious about your FARA comment. There are four conduct categories that implicate FARA, but I think only one of them is potentially relevant: it would require that Biden engaged in political activities on behalf of a foreign principal.

Certainly I can see how the Hunter Biden allegations implicate FARA, but not Joe - at least based on what I know (which is admittedly incomplete). But DOJ has been very active with FARA and the "selling of access or influence". There have been some high-profile cases opened up, against some in Trump's sphere. It's not terribly persuasive that FBI/DOJ would be hands-off on the Bidens. If anything, I would think that some federal prosecutors would happily take it on if there was quality evidence.

Like the Wall Street Journal?

In fairness, they think that about Trump too.

I'm curious about your FARA comment. There are four conduct categories that implicate FARA, but I think only one of them is potentially relevant: it would require that Biden engaged in political activities on behalf of a foreign principal.

Certainly I can see how the Hunter Biden allegations implicate FARA, but not Joe - at least based on what I know (which is admittedly incomplete). But DOJ has been very active with FARA and the "selling of access or influence". There have been some high-profile cases opened up, against some in Trump's sphere. It's not terribly persuasive that FBI/DOJ would be hands-off on the Bidens. If anything, I would think that some federal prosecutors would happily take it on if there was quality evidence.
    The FARA reference was tongue in cheek. I believe FARA indictments were very rare until recently. Once again, I think this Hunter/Joe Biden story is more about corruption than illegality.

I think this corruption is just the tip of the iceberg and it's done often by both sides. Hopefully this story will cause others to be exposed, but I won't hold my breath.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom