How to turn off the email notifications? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I have been through the preferences and I shouldn't be receiving emails when new posts are made on watched threads - but it keeps happening.

Has anybody had any luck turning this off? Thx

I've been Un-Watching everything that gets marked Watch after I post.
    Looks like there's a choice being set up.

1573745893247.png

I went through my preferences and turned off anything I could find. That helped some but I do still get some emails. 🤷‍♀️

Even after disabling those options I still got an email.
    I had this issue back when the site first came online. I haven't received any emails since I fixed it, but I have zero recollection as to how I accomplished it. I was getting them with everything turned off too.

Also under account details there are 2 email options. For updates and if you change your username.

You're getting email based on your already-watched threads. You can disable this.

Under Forums, there is the option Watched:
    1573762539622.png

On the right side of that page, there is "Managed Watched Threads" which has the option to Disable email notification:
    1573762654630.png

Once you do that, you shouldn't receive email notifications for threads you already watch.

You're getting email based on your already-watched threads. You can disable this.

1573762539622.png

On the right side of that page, there is "Managed Watched Threads" which has the option to Disable email notification:
    1573762654630.png

Once you do that, you shouldn't receive email notifications for threads you already watch.

1573762539622.png

1573762654630.png

This resolved the issue for me. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom