Harris - Trump Debate (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    I'm sure polls won't change no matter what happens but I am hoping that Kamala absolutely destroys Trump with a healthy helping of petty bait designed to make him lose his mind and goad him into saying something unfortunate

I've said this before but I hope there is some fact checking thins time and Trump isn't allowed to rant about after birth abortions, immigrants eating cats, and lunchtime sex change operations for 3rd graders

Debates do change polls as they are a real time snapshot of sentiment towards a candidate. The last debate tanked Biden to the point he quit.
    I think Biden was an extreme outlier

i think for the most part both candidates don't say anything other than what they've already said in interviews or at rallies

I think it's more about optics, who looks and sounds more 'presidential'?

Also about trying to get a zinger in that goes viral

My oldest turned 21 today.

So we are having margaritas this evening to toast her 21st.

In light of the debate, new house rule - each time Trump lies, take a sip.

She wont make it past 8pm central lolol.
    Sept 10th 2024 - Her 21st birthday

Sept 11th 2024 - Her 1st head splitting, soul shredding hangover

No offense to Dad here, but 1st? Sure bout dat?

lol 100%

seriously. i dont know where this child came from when it comes to abiding by rules etc. Cuz DAMN sure not like her Dad. lolol ( im looking at you The Gold Mine, ATIIs, The Boot, The Duck, TJ Quills and every other uptown establishment between 1986-92. lol )

I forgot who has done it before but they would have a panel of “supposed” undecideds and show a graph of their reactions.
    I liked that.

The NYT has an article in which they listed the issues in which Harris and Trump have changed their positions. Here they are:

Trump:
    Abortion - was pro-choice most of his life until he decided to run as a Republican.
    Gun control - supported red flag laws and banning bump stocks, and now opposes both.
    vaccines - supported them, and now largely claims they're bad
    criminal justice - signed First Step Act to reduce sentencing, and now wants to shoot drug dealers, except the lady he commuted, Alice Marie Johnson.
    Marijuana - took steps to get more harsh on marijuana, and now supporting allowing reclassifying to schedule III.
    Social Security - believed it was a ponzi scheme and should be privatized, and now doesn't want to touch it.
    Health Care - opposed Obamacare, and wanted to end it as of last year, and now doesn't want to touch it.
    Immigration - restricted H-1B visas for skilled workers, now wants to keep them. Wanted to allow green card college graduates to become citizens automatically, and now wants only Republican graduates to become citizens.
    Transgender - supported people using bathrooms with which they identify, now wants to outlaw that.
    TikTok - wanted to ban it, and now wants to keep it.
    Harris competency - donated $6k to her for attorney general, and now thinks she is inept, etc.

Harris:
    Fracking - wanted to ban it, and now supports it.
    immigration - wanted to decriminalize border crossings down to misdemeanors, and now wants to get tougher on the border.
    Health care - supported Medicare for all, and now wants to expand Obamacare.
    policing - supported funding cuts, not defunding completely, the police, and now claims she is against that.
    gun control - supported requiring assault guns to be bought back, and now is against that, but still wants to ban them.

The Trump list is much longer, but it'll be interesting to see if his list is debated. I usually only hear about his waffling on abortion, but constantly hear about fracking, immigration, and policing.

I'm sure polls won't change no matter what happens but I am hoping that Kamala absolutely destroys Trump with a healthy helping of petty bait designed to make him lose his mind and goad him into saying something unfortunate
    The campaign already started with a bunch of billboards in Philly...

YOZFSPZRT5EKTN3CHUR2OEDIME.jpg

I'm about to go to sleep. Do me a favor. Every time that Trump lies, do a shot.

Here's a link to a simulcast of the debate on C-Span for anyone who wants to bypass the pundits.

Oh,,, I can, I may, do that?

You mean I could bypass the pundits using your link... ... ?

But if I did that what would I have to think about as I cleaned grannies double barrel shotgun while watching the debate.

That's when I clean her gun. She like it that way. She'll want to see those pundits too.

I suppose it doesn't matter, we have no shells for the gun, nor have we ever had any shells for it.

But it's pretty, and it smells nice when cleaned and oiled. It clicks very nicely when opened and closed. A real professional kind of click. Very nice.

It stands in a corner real good too. Never has fallen over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom