Gov. Cuomo is going down (Update: NY AG investigation finds illegal acts; Cuomo resigns) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gotta remember who the virus hit hard in California. Not only the nursing homes, but your low income Hispanic that live in multi generational houses were hit very very hard. Due to the nature of their employment, not going to work was never an option. They went, sick or not and had massive infections. They are also a population which doesn’t use medical care. So, the vast majority of cases weren’t counted. Those workers then spread it all through households. Also, obesity, diabetes, poor overall health and poor nutrition made this very tough on them. Your white middle to upper class, heck they worked from home and chilled. The Hispanics had it tough.

Not gonna defend Cuomo, but this one seems like it wouldn't have been an issue in Louisiana or some other parts of the country/world.

This is how a lot of folks just say hello. I was used to it with Family in PR, but I was a bit shocked how many people would do it in the New Orleans area. Usually you had to be somewhat 'known', but it could still be a first introduction.

However, if the "lingering around" part was true, then it was a bit more than a hello.

A woman named Sherry Vill became the 10th person to accuse New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) of sexual misconduct on Monday, alleging at a press conference that the governor kissed her on both cheeks upon meeting her in 2017.

The latest allegation involves an incident Vill says occurred while the governor was touring homes, hers included, that were damaged by floodwaters from Lake Ontario. The incident was witnessed by local officials and others accompanying Cuomo for a tour of the area, according to Vill.

Speaking at a news conference hosted by attorney Gloria Allred, Vill said that while Cuomo explained the move at the time as how Italian Americans greet each other, other comments made by the governor during his tour of her home led her to believe that the gesture was sexually charged.

I can't get into all of it now, but Florida is a whole lot more complicated than lockdown yes v no.

First, we did have a partial lockdown early. All of the major metro areas had mask mandates for months, early.

Overall though, I think my area of Florida, at least, has struck a pretty good balance, of allowing businesses to be open, to allow people to go about their lives, but to force or encourage widespread mask usage and testing.

I like that Schools are still mostly remote, but had to give some level of in person instruction. I get that. I like that I can go into any place to go shopping, or do online / takeout if I'd rather. If anything we've been given more choices. But the key has been fairly widespread mask usage indoors.

Outdoors, it's a bit more dicey. But we have lots of sunshine and great weather. What will be interesting is how May-October looks here if we don't keep on track with vaccines. It's getting too hot to have the windows open and out in the fresh air for too long. And people are letting their guard down a bit.

Already, one of my wife's co-workers just caught it. My wife was around here, but luckily they're both good about wearing masks at work all day. She already took a rapid test (negative result) and has another scheduled for Wednesday, just to be sure. Both were scheduled today.

That's another example of how Florida is doing it right with testing. Lots of free and fast options.

Now, I'd rather we be more consistent with mask usage and encouraging people to take personal responsibility for the public welfare. I think that's a miss.

And Florida shouldn't talk too much trash, since we're on the upswing again. A lot of that has been Miami-Dade.. they've never really dropped much. Too high of daily rates this entire time, and we have a pipeline to Brazil...

How the hell is Cuomo still in office though? I don't know that all of the claims against him are valid, but considering everything, a lot of politicians have been forced out or stepped down for much, much less.

How the hell is Cuomo still in office though? I don't know that all of the claims against him are valid, but considering everything, a lot of politicians have been forced out or stepped down for much, much less.

He's being stubborn at this point. He can't be forced to resign (I would assume), but I believe there was a case opened that can lead to impeachment.

They have, yes. But, they also haven't.

It's not a new thing that politicians (and others) without conscience have on occasion been able to avoid consequences by simply ignoring the demand for them and acting like they haven't done anything wrong. Enforcing consequences against those who refuse to accept them requires escalation, and people tend to be reluctant to escalate things.

It also requires resolve, and that tends to fade over time as well. After a while, without reinforcement of how bad the events were, the perception can start to become that perhaps there don't really need to be consequences, because if it was that bad, wouldn't they have already resigned? And then it's a short hop to, "Are you still going on about that? Move on already!"

We see it over and over again, "Now is not the time... ... ...and now it's time to move on!"

While it's true that acting in haste can often be unwise, the cynical exploitation of that principle to create an environment of not acting at all, both in holding individuals accountable and in reacting appropriately to events, seems to have become alarmingly dominant.

Maybe it's referenced a few posts up because of the merger issues but Biden, Pelosi, and New York's entire Democratic delegation to Congress called on Cuomo to resign. So much for what-about-ism on this topic.

Yeah, I remember applauding him when NYC was epicenter of the COVID shirt-storm. Then the more I learned about him and all of these allegations, well, I was dead wrong about him. He's gotta go.
    It's perfectly fine. At the time, it looked like he was setting the example. But now that information has come out that shows him to be no better than trump, you don't stick with him to stick it to the rightwing nutjobs. You dump his arse. I say set an example with him. Maybe he'll get convicted and sent to the RITA prison.

The Republicans pushed Liz Cheney out for this nincompoop?

Tweets often don’t age well, but this one became crap in record time as Biden clearly called for Cuomo to resign at his 4 pm presser.

Their taking an issue about a morally corrupt, ethically compromised, once-well respected and admired NY governor who's falling from grace right now and their using his sexual indiscretions plus the assumed fact that Cuomo was well-liked, respected and admired by his Democratic colleagues. Sure, those in the political media loop knew he was a bit of elitist butt crevasse prig who can be difficult to work with or deal with, but during the initial onset of Covid-19, he did a superb efficient job in managing the burgeoning Covid-19 positive test cases compared to a non-compliant, careless, heartless WH response.

Then the investigative reports start trickling out that maybe Cuomo's supposedly great superb handling of his state's Covid cases as it regards to deliberately putting Covid-infected senior citizens into crowded nursing homes or assisted living centers and having his aides doctor the actual numbers of people in NY state hospitals/state health industry's patient database regarding testing positive cases on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to bolster Gov. Cuomo's image.

The GOP, at least in NY, probably knew about most of Cuomo's private indiscretions and the ongoing AG's investigation into this and other matters and knew how popular and admired once by most sectors of the DNC and their relishing his downfall by throwing it back in all of their collective faces.

This is politically-partisan schadenfruede at its truest, nastiest core and some GOP'ers are using this as cheap, free ammunition to remind congressional and Senate Dems to not be so zealous in portraying themselves as morally absolute "high-minded" prigs in being above reproach compared to them.

Sure, Cuomo might be low-hanging fruit but that still doesn't mean sometimes one's enemies can pluck it down and throw it at you while taunting you at same time whenever one emerges from their house or they can't deface, or splatter your car with it like immature, teenage HS dropout butt crevasses.

Last edited:
    This is politically-partisan schadenfruede at its truest, nastiest core and some GOP'ers are using this as cheap, free ammunition to remind congressional and Senate Dems to not be so zealous in portraying themselves as morally absolute "high-minded" prigs in being above reproach compared to them.

Sure, Cuomo might be low-hanging fruit but that still doesn't mean sometimes one's enemies can pluck it down and throw it at you while taunting you at same time whenever one emerges from their house or they can't deface, or splatter your car with it like immature, teenage HS dropout butt crevasses.
    Yea, but this only works until you realize that it clearly demonstrates that Democrats will hold their own accountable, even if they're well-liked, admired, and respected.

And then you're back to realizing that Democrats (as a group, not necessarily every single individual) still continue to hold the moral high ground by removing the corrupt from their ranks, something Republicans refuse to do.

He has a lot of personality traits in common with Trump, evidently. Any person not a raging narcissistic sociopath would have already resigned. I just don’t see it happening, would be happy to be wrong.

Yea, but this only works until you realize that it clearly demonstrates that Democrats will hold their own accountable, even if they're well-liked, admired, and respected.

And then you're back to realizing that Democrats (as a group, not necessarily every single individual) still continue to hold the moral high ground by removing the corrupt from their ranks, something Republicans refuse to do.

Exactly why I don't call myself a Republican these days.

Cuomo is doing the same thing that Trump did his entire time in office. Trump lied constantly and covered up and participated in corruption and was a sexual predator. Cuomo did the same thing except that he did it competently.
    Cuomo didn't do the same thing as Trump. Trump was accused of raping women. Cuomo is accused of inappropriate touching. Cuomo probably needs to go because that is also unacceptable, and because I think he also screwed up with the nursing homes, but the sexual accusations against Trump are orders of magnitude worse. There is no comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom