Gov. Cuomo is going down (Update: NY AG investigation finds illegal acts; Cuomo resigns) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

What about former KKK member and Democratic Senator Robert Byrd? Biden delivered the eulogy at his funeral and Obama and Clinton both spoke there as well.

They will acknowledge the reality only when it's politically expedient. Do you think it's a coincidence both Cuomo and the Lincoln Project were exposed shorty after the election?

See my response in the political lies thread. This what-about-ism to deflect from the wreckage Trump created is both laughable and dangerous.

They will acknowledge the reality only when it's politically expedient. Do you think it's a coincidence both Cuomo and the Lincoln Project were exposed shorty after the election?

The Cuomo story broke when the Feds started investigating the nursing home deaths. The NY AG is who broke this thing wide open. I don't think this is a situation of throwing someone under the bus once your done with them. It's much like Watergate. The coverup was more scandalous then the actual crime as far as grabbing headlines. The mafia don persona, and attacks were next. Then came the sexual assault allegations after everyone got a hint of what the guy was like behind closed doors.

The only part of this that could be calculated is if the NY AG ends up running for governor. I don't see anything in this beyond personal ambition of one AG, possibly. The entire DNC stumbles, and fumbles around every primary desperately trying to beat a 78 year old jewish guy. How is that organization coming up with machiavellian plots to take down Trump, or their own.

The thread is about Cuomo, but you are complaining whataboutism?
    Well discuss topics should be kept in perspective
    Sure the topic of Cuomo malfeasance does exist
    But surely the idea that some posters refuse to be held to a standard so those posters lack credibility in any number of topics

“Cuomo screwed up and should be bounced - at the same time ‘you’ have demonstrated no ability to have an honest conversation about this topic”

If on SSF some one still claims that RyanLeaf should have been drafted before Manning, we don’t really need listen to their analysis of Manning, correct?
    That is fair to say, no? (Btw that’s a general ‘you’ not you specifically)

Well discuss topics should be kept in perspective
    Sure the topic of Cuomo malfeasance does exist
    But surely the idea that some posters refuse to be held to a standard so those posters lack credibility in any number of topics

“Cuomo screwed up and should be bounced - at the same time ‘you’ have demonstrated no ability to have an honest conversation about this topic”

If on SSF some one still claims that RyanLeaf should have been drafted before Manning, we don’t really need listen to their analysis of Manning, correct?
    That is fair to say, no? (Btw that’s a general ‘you’ not you specifically)
    Another version of don't criticize Democrats unless you also criticize Trump. Very transparent message board tactic.

I gotta say, that some of the Democrat leadership regarding Cuomo has been terrible. Biden, Harris and Pelosi have all had tepid at best responses to questions about Cuomo resigning. When you have several women, both former staffers and non-staffers accusing him of harassment, not to mention the nursing home mess, it's clear to everyone paying attention that Cuomo needs to step down. Claiming that it's too soon to and that they need to see more evidence is ignoring the obvious.

At least the NY Senators and Representatives are calling for his resignation or impeachment. I've seen Schumer, Gillibrand and AOC all say he should resign. But, to not see it from the President, VP and Speaker of the House? That's a head scratcher for sure.

I gotta say, that some of the Democrat leadership regarding Cuomo has been terrible. Biden, Harris and Pelosi have all had tepid at best responses to questions about Cuomo resigning. When you have several women, both former staffers and non-staffers accusing him of harassment, not to mention the nursing home mess, it's clear to everyone paying attention that Cuomo needs to step down. Claiming that it's too soon to and that they need to see more evidence is ignoring the obvious.

At least the NY Senators and Representatives are calling for his resignation or impeachment. I've seen Schumer, Gillibrand and AOC all say he should resign. But, to not see it from the President, VP and Speaker of the House? That's a head scratcher for sure.
    its a state-level thing. the response has been appropriate, IMO. yeah, it's a big dog being NY, but the state party members are going after him, hard. probably better for the POTUS and heads of congress to monitor from the sidelines. At least for now.

its a state-level thing. the response has been appropriate, IMO. yeah, it's a big dog being NY, but the state party members are going after him, hard. probably better for the POTUS and heads of congress to monitor from the sidelines. At least for now.

Maybe, but it's still a leadership thing. But instead of leading, they're sitting back and pretending that this thing is in doubt. It's indefensible imo. It's not better to sit on the sidelines when you're talking about sexual harassment and fraud. Sure, all of that is going to be litigated, but Cuomo pretending he's fine and everyone is out to get him just shows how tone deaf he is.

The Cuomo story broke when the Feds started investigating the nursing home deaths. The NY AG is who broke this thing wide open. I don't think this is a situation of throwing someone under the bus once your done with them. It's much like Watergate. The coverup was more scandalous then the actual crime as far as grabbing headlines. The mafia don persona, and attacks were next. Then came the sexual assault allegations after everyone got a hint of what the guy was like behind closed doors.

The only part of this that could be calculated is if the NY AG ends up running for governor. I don't see anything in this beyond personal ambition of one AG, possibly. The entire DNC stumbles, and fumbles around every primary desperately trying to beat a 78 year old jewish guy. How is that organization coming up with machiavellian plots to take down Trump, or their own.
    Bernie Sanders sort of disqualifies himself with his left-wing, bit misplaced rants or speeches in the past where he praised Castro's Cuba where at least in their daylong waits for bread and food rations, at least everyone in society, rich or poor, are waiting in line. Strange, asinine defense for praising lack of food and consumer goods in an one-party totalitarian communist dictatorship. He also praised late Hugo Chavez's ram-shackled running of Venezuela's once powerful, thriving oil/natural gas based economy to where the country's currency is equivalent to Zimbabwe and Venezuela has been caught up in an ongoing low-level civil war, violent civil unrest since 2014.

He also hesitated or refused to criticize Chavez's successor, Nicholas Maduro, human rights record of intimidating, harassing political opponents, dissidents, silencing or threatening or even shutting down opposition newspapers, Internet blogs, websites, and forcing a mass, humanitarian catastrophe where hundreds of thousands of ordinary Venezuelans fled to nearby Columbia, Brazil, or further into Central America, "Northern Triangle" countries---Belize, Guatemala, and Nicaragua.

I gotta say, that some of the Democrat leadership regarding Cuomo has been terrible.
    Terrible compared to what? I gotta say that I find you to be one of the more balanced republicans (or former republicans or true conservatives) on this board but I feel like this is another instance of Democrats being held to a higher standard than "others" who have been in the same situation.

Terrible compared to what? I gotta say that I find you to be one of the more balanced republicans (or former republicans or true conservatives) on this board but I feel like this is another instance of Democrats being held to a higher standard than "others" who have been in the same situation.

Nope, they all should be held to the same standard. If it was a Republican, they'd get the same criticism from me.

https://www.politico.com/states/new...gators-says-he-spoke-of-his-hand-size-1368331

It is as if I have seen this kind of left field claim about hand size before. Seems so odd.

They are not even trying to hide it anymore. They want him to go away due to #metoo so hopefully his and all the other D governors wont be called to the mat for the killing of thousands of us citizens because of their 'lack of science' backed procedures. This is a media hit sting waged on behalf of the DNC.

https://www.politico.com/states/new...gators-says-he-spoke-of-his-hand-size-1368331

It is as if I have seen this kind of left field claim about hand size before. Seems so odd.

They are not even trying to hide it anymore. They want him to go away due to #metoo so hopefully his and all the other D governors wont be called to the mat for the killing of thousands of us citizens because of their 'lack of science' backed procedures. This is a media hit sting waged on behalf of the DNC.

You repeatedly characterizing that its only “D governors” doesn’t make it any more true than the first time you said it. For someone who clearly doesn’t know what gaslighting means, you seem to practice it quite easily.

You repeatedly characterizing that its only “D governors” doesn’t make it any more true than the first time you said it. For someone who clearly doesn’t know what gaslighting means, you seem to practice it quite easily.
    Stating a fact doesn't make it gaslighting does it?

Can you show me the R governors and mayors that called for long term lock down of schools and businesses in their states and cities? Someone is being intellectual dishonest and I hope it is on purpose.

Stating a fact doesn't make it gaslighting does it?

Can you show me the R governors and mayors that called for long term lock down of schools and businesses in their states and cities? Someone is being intellectual dishonest and I hope it is on purpose.

Not sure what you mean by "long term lockdown", but I'm pretty sure that Larry Hogan had pretty strict measures in Maryland for most of 2020.

Dean and Kim, also critics of a controversial Health Department order that required nursing homes to accept COVID-19 patients, began beating the drum for truthful data many months ago. At the time, it was a lonely fight. Cuomo was riding high as a supposed hero of the pandemic. Few were willing to speak against him.

The media elevated Cuomo because he was seen as the Covid Anti Trump. It's not surprising they didn't find him politically useful after the election.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki avoided answering questions on Sunday on whether President Biden still believes New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) represents the "gold standard" when it comes to leadership during the coronavirus pandemic.

On ABC's "This Week," host Jonathan Karl played a tape from last April of Biden saying Cuomo was "sort of the gold standard" as New York battled with skyrocketing cases in the early months of the pandemic, adding that the governor "has done one hell of a job." Cuomo's office's handling of coronavirus outbreaks in the state's nursing homes is now the subject of a federal investigation by the FBI and the U.S attorney in Brooklyn, who is probing unidentified members of Cuomo's administration.

When asked if Biden still believes Cuomo represents the "gold standard," Psaki insisted that Biden would continue to work with Cuomo, as he would with all governors.

I guess Psaki will have to circle back on that question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom