Gov. Cuomo is going down (Update: NY AG investigation finds illegal acts; Cuomo resigns) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to think they would have the votes to move on this fairly quickly. Now that the investigation is complete there would be no reason to hesitate.

In the other thread, I mentioned we were about to see the difference between modern Republicans and Democrats, political consequences.

If he were a Republican the entire right-wing media machine would be rallied around him now with conspiracy theories and dismissing anyone that criticizes him. Instead, he's getting torched by the MSM (even the network his brother works for) and his party is, increasingly, calling for him to resign.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the NY legislature impeach him if he refuses to resign. The knives are that sharp right now.

It's happening in the Republican party right now. They want to boot Liz Cheney, at the same time, they haven't said a peep about one of the Reps who has been accused of harassment. Can't remember who he is at the moment. But the hypocrisy is real.

Cuomo blaming cancel culture is rich. He's living in some sort of alternate reality. Reminds me of a President I know, I tell ya.

Holy crap he said it’s “cancel culture.”

It’s official - anyone who thinks personal accountability is cancel culture is a raging narcissistic douchebag.
    no don't you see? he's falling on his sword - this has all been an elaborate plan to take the teeth out of any accusation of 'cancel culture'

In the other thread, I mentioned we were about to see the difference between modern Republicans and Democrats, political consequences.

If he were a Republican the entire right-wing media machine would be rallied around him now with conspiracy theories and dismissing anyone that criticizes him. Instead, he's getting torched by the MSM (even the network his brother works for) and his party is, increasingly, calling for him to resign.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the NY legislature impeach him if he refuses to resign. The knives are that sharp right now.

Yep, it is a stark and telling difference, no question....only delusional, narcissistic morons could believe otherwise....wait....

Cuomo is doing the same thing that Trump did his entire time in office. Trump lied constantly and covered up and participated in corruption and was a sexual predator. Cuomo did the same thing except that he did it competently.

So @Farb, @SaintForLife, etc...

Now that you see that it's entirely possible to hold your own people accountable, is it really still "both sides"?

Of course it is. That's exactly why I say to hell with it. Sorry, Mrs. Obama, but if we go high when they go low then all we do is give them the leverage to put us on our arses. The Republicans changed the rules of the game a long time ago but Democrats continue to act like there's a high ground to be had. There isn't. They have to be beaten at their own game.

If there's evidence that Cuomo committed a crime then he should be held accountable. Allegations aren't enough. We've already been down this road with Al Franken. We let the right twist "Believe Women" into "Believe ALL Women ALL the time" and it's going to come back to bite us if we let it.

Of course it is. That's exactly why I say to hell with it. Sorry, Mrs. Obama, but if we go high when they go low then all we do is give them the leverage to put us on our arses. The Republicans changed the rules of the game a long time ago but Democrats continue to act like there's a high ground to be had. There isn't. They have to be beaten at their own game.

If there's evidence that Cuomo committed a crime then he should be held accountable. Allegations aren't enough. We've already been down this road with Al Franken. We let the right twist "Believe Women" into "Believe ALL Women ALL the time" and it's going to come back to bite us if we let it.
    The Right ? The RIGHT ? Oh c'mon; that was ALWAYS a left-wing "progressive" technique. At least for as long as the accused men where right-wing.
    Then some left-wing people where accused, and the #metoo movement suddenly went quiet.

The Right ? The RIGHT ? Oh c'mon; that was ALWAYS a left-wing "progressive" technique. At least for as long as the accused men where right-wing.
    Then some left-wing people where accused, and the #metoo movement suddenly went quiet.
    bullshirt. #metoo kicked off with Harvey Weinstein, a Democrat.

bullshirt. #metoo kicked off with Harvey Weinstein, a Democrat.
    Actually, it started back in 2006, but you are right; the precursor to the Weinstein case probably brought it to the public consciousness. But before that case really got going, it was used against Brett Kavanaugh, among others.

Actually, it started back in 2006, but you are right; the precursor to the Weinstein case probably brought it to the public consciousness. But before that case really got going, it was used against Brett Kavanaugh, among others.
    I never said there weren’t right-wing people who were accused in the metoo movement. I was pointing out that your accusation that once left-wingers were accused the movement “went silent” is total revisionist history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom