Free Community Clinics (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, I have never seen that sort of comprehensive list. I checked my local areas and the clinics they listed are legit.

This is a good resource.

That's an interesting source that goes far beyond just free clinics. It kind of reminds me of Craig's List but for arranging assistance for the poor.

It's charity supported and has an extensive forum for people to post their problems at, to hopefully get advise responses to help them.
    I'm tired of your constant bickering. Stay away from me

Last edited:
    Yes, I have never seen that sort of comprehensive list. I checked my local areas and the clinics they listed are legit.

This is a good resource.
    These clinics have been available since the early 1980s. Obamacare is unnecessary

Well, that’s really not supported by facts.

for example, in my county of roughly 300,000-400,000 people there is one clinic. They do great work with what resources they have, but they cannot handle serious illnesses. If you get cancer, have a heart attack, stroke or a chronic illness like Parkinson’s they cannot treat you on a recurring basis. They cannot provide emergency care if you are in a car accident or break your leg in a fall.

So, no, the presence of a free clinic doesn’t meet all the health needs of the poor.

No. The clinics are supported by Federal and state funds.
    The website you posted is charity supported, that's what I was talking about.

The clinics list they compiled and made available are an array, some are supported by government funds, but many of the clinics listed there are also supported by churches and charities, and some are supported by a mix of government funds and charities.

From my place there isn't a free clinic within 60 miles.

But it's a real good source for connecting people in need with resources they can access. When you posted it I thought you were a liberal because it was the first thing you posted, and it's the kind of thing a liberal would find exciting. I was like wow, this is cool.

I'm a staunch supporter of Obamacare. I need it, I use it. Before Obamacare because I was on the private insurance market, all I could get was zomby insurance. That's the kind of insurance where I would be insured until I got sick, then they would cancel me for some contrived reason, and leave me to fend for myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom