FBI thwarts Michigan "militia" plot to kidnap Michigan Governor (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    The group, six of which are identified and charged in the criminal complaint, has been recruiting, including at the 2nd Amendment rally at the Michigan state house earlier this year, and "training" in August. Th group has also allegedly stockpiled weapons and other material for the plan. The plan included talk of kidnapping other governors.

The FBI has now made multiple public comments that right-wing militias are a threat to peace in the United States, particularly as we move toward an uncertain time with a presidential election in the midst of a pandemic.

According to the complaint, a Michigan-based militia group attempted to recruit members for the operation, which included storming the Capitol building in Lansing and take hostages, including Whitmer. The plan was reportedly supposed to be executed before the November 2020 election.

The militia group reportedly held several meetings over the summer where they participated in firearms training and combat drills; they also attempted to build IED devices, which were faulty and did not detonate as planned, according to the complaint.

The group then reportedly decided to abduct the governor at her vacation home and take her to a secure location in Wisconsin for "trial."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...nap-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer/5922301002/

Here is the full criminal complaint filed in federal court in Michigan:

It's like I told my wife. Some of the best people I've ever met were fellow Marines. Some of the worst people I've ever met are fellow Marines.
    My cousin knew he was going to be a Marine since he was in like 8th grade at Jesuit. He ended up being the top student in ROTC by the time he was a senior. Went to aTm on the Marines' dime, graduated and went straight into the Marines. He served overseas but never on the front lines. He was one of the people using computers to point and click and wipe out entire areas of cities from a ship. He said pretty much the same exact thing. He said that he thought most of the guys he trained with were people he thought were great guys until we went to war but after, he realized that many of them were literal sociopaths and got out after 4 years because he couldn't handle the high fives he'd get for wiping out thousands of civilians just to kill a few actual combatants/enemy soldiers.

I think it shows how important proper contextualized information is. I bet these guys were truly convinced that the governor was violating the rights of the people and that police violence has gone too far.
    Sorry, but I seriously doubt they even had to think that far. They just needed an excuse and cover from the White House gave them just that, IMO. If Trump loses, just watch how many of these psychos hit the streets between then and January 20.

Another case of a planned white supremacist terrorist attack being prevented by the FBI.
    Color me completely unsurprised. The more it looks like Trump is going to lose, them more we'll likely see. If he loses...lock your doors and arm yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom