Does trump still hate Muslims (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

It definitely isn’t a gotcha. I stated in a few post above, though this may not be altruistic, it highlights a serious problem.
    Consider that:
    • The thread title is "Does trump still hate Muslims"
    • All that was stated in the original post was "For someone who hates Muslims this seems odd."
    • When it was pointed out that the article in the original post didn't show that Trump said or did anything in support of Muslims in China, the response was to cite another article and respond with "Lol, I think you may want to dig a little deeper. I’m pretty sure he pulled the visas yesterday because of this topic. Would you like to walk back your statement?"
    To many times in the US, we are oblivious to these things. One would have thought that our media would be making a big deal out of this atrocity. I’m not sure as to what you want me to say.
    CNN covered the story yesterday for what it's worth, so at least some of the news outlets are getting the story out.
    I’m not an expert on internment camps in China. I put this out there to get conversations started on our new board. You can’t call it a gotcha just because it highlights something positive about this administration. I really thought we would have people coming across the isle saying this was a step in the right direction. I’m sadly disappointed.
    If the thread had started this way instead of the way it actually did, then I don't think it would be seen as possibly a gotcha thread.

Last edited:
    His is an Internet forum. Just like in a bar, we all have different opening lines.

Stop bickering about semantics. I followed up and will continue to further conversation. If you think this type of action will win a debate against me, it will not work.

Tel me you have more than “topicality” type arguments.

Lazybones, it’s all in the presentation. It came across as a “gotcha” due to the way you presented it.

It’s a really good topic and we should discuss it further. Framing it as tied directly to Trump may not be the best way to look at it and I think that is what contributed to the feeling some of us had that you weren’t really intending this to be a serious topic.

Carry on! 👍

His is an Internet forum. Just like in a bar, we all have different opening lines.
    Opening lines make the first impressions and first impressions are lasting impressions.
    Stop bickering about semantics. I followed up and will continue to further conversation. If you think this type of action will win a debate against me, it will not work.
    It's not about semantics or winning a debate for me.

You never answered the question of who told you I used to debate. I'd like to know who you heard that from.
    Tel me you have more than “topicality” type arguments.
    What's the point of the constant debate references? I don't approach life or this board as a debater. I don't define myself by my past debating history. I'll indulge you one last time.

My point was more in the vein of a prima facie argument than a topicality argument. I'm saying that you didn't state in your original post what you are now saying was the reason you created this thread.

I'm done with the debate talk unless it's in the actual debate forum. Ain't nobody want to hear that stuff in here.

I can only laugh at some of you. If you only held congress to the same standard as a thread on an Internet forum.

I’m pretty sure I broke no rules of the board. I have been interactive and ready for conversation.

MT- I think your assessment was fair. If I would not have tied it to Trump, it may have better received.

1. This kinda makes the point of some people never giving him a fair shake.

2. Will the left leaving posters on this board adhere to the same standard? Meaning not criticizing trump only his actions.

I can only laugh at some of you. If you only held congress to the same standard as a thread on an Internet forum.

I’m pretty sure I broke no rules of the board. I have been interactive and ready for conversation.

MT- I think your assessment was fair. If I would not have tied it to Trump, it may have better received.

1. This kinda makes the point of some people never giving him a fair shake.

2. Will the left leaving posters on this board adhere to the same standard? Meaning not criticizing trump only his actions.
    I don't see the point in telling people you "can only laugh" at them. How does that help you communicate how important you think this issue is? How does it further the conversation?

I hold everyone, including myself, to the same standards on this forum and everywhere else in life.

I don't think you broke any rules either.

I have no problem giving Trump credit when it's due. I don't think he's actually done anything credit worthy in regards to supporting the rights of Muslims in China or the rest of the world.

I find it odd that when he limited visas from terrorist supporting countries, the left hurled hate and vitriol. They claimed he was a racist and hated Muslims.

Now this happens and mums the word.

Come on, man. If you can see this for what it is... this has nothing to do with how Trump feels for anyone. It is just another opportunity to stick it to China.

I find it odd that when he limited visas from terrorist supporting countries, the left hurled hate and vitriol. They claimed he was a racist and hated Muslims.

Now this happens and mums the word.

Then why didn't you say that in your OP? Your above quoted post confirms that your OP was little more than a troll post. Then you turn to mocking. Obviously you have more to learn about the expected discourse here. I mean, you have been stating that you are attempting to adhere to the rules, and even then you are still breaking them.

This board isn't about playing games with, or sticking it to the opposition. You are not even attempting to engage in a serious or constructive discussion here within this thread. Go back and read my guidance post once again... carefully this time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom