Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    After many trials, the judge will dismiss the jurors by thanking them for their time and public service. These words of gratitude are usually a formality, a polite nod to a key feature of our democratic process: defendants’ right, under the Seventh Amendment, to judgment by their peers in “Suits at common law.”

Federal Judge Lewis A. Kaplan also offered a piece of practical advice to the Manhattan civil jury that had just found former President Donald Trump liable for sexually abusing E. Jean Carroll in a luxury department store’s dressing room in 1996: Kaplan told the jurors that they might not want to publicly identify themselves—“not now and not for a long time.”

Those words were jarring and yet seemed wise in light of Trump’s habit of directing violence, threats, and general mayhem against the peaceful functioning of our democratic norms.

The judge’s advice sounded less like a legal requirement than like the words of a parent to an older teenager, imparted without any ability to enforce. Kaplan apparently did not give a specific reason for his statement. But he didn’t need to. Everyone knows how things can unfold for people who challenge Trump, and jurors who find against him in court are highly vulnerable to whatever he might do.

Trump’s political legacy is often measured by his policy impact: restrictions on immigration, lower taxes for the rich, conservative Supreme Court justices who deliver on a stridently right-wing agenda. Those changes are significant, but are also largely answerable through the same political process, voting, that made Trump only a one-term president. Trump’s real, enduring legacy is his successful introduction of violence, the threat of violence, and targeted harassment into the dynamics of our political system, as if they were all just a natural extension of democratic disagreement.............

What’s worse is the response of some R politicians. Sitting senators and representatives calling the trial a “joke” and the jury a “joke”. Scoffing at the term “jury of his peers”. Basically calling our entire system of jurisprudence a joke, IMO. Shameful.
    I saw one of them say that Trump being found liable for sexual assault makes him want to vote for trump twice.

And, Rudy finally solved the case. He found the evidence that Trump did not do what he was found liable if doing.

How? He sent his accountant to Begdorfs, and had him ask if there was ever a rape in the store. They said no. So, if there was never a rape in the store, Trump must be innocent.

He just got re-elected last year. So no campaign for five more years.
    Yup, I missed that! I got locked on to the fact that he's an attorney out of the Heritage Foundation which means any and all integrity has been wiped from his system.

So when Trump continues to call her a liar on social media, does she just sue him again for more defamation?
    After Trump's comments on CNN bullshirt town hall last night, she is considering suing him again according to NYT.

After Trump's comments on CNN bullshirt town hall last night, she is considering suing him again according to NYT.

At this point, I'm all for her hiring Will Smith to make her point clearer to him!

I didn’t hear it but evidently Trump commented last night that he felt he was “owed” votes in GA.

Monte-he makes a big deal about the employees not having worked there in the 90s. But the biggest thing to me is that she didn’t report the rape. She just escaped and ran out of the store, IIRC. So how would any employees or even management know about it anyway?

Monte-he makes a big deal about the employees not having worked there in the 90s. But the biggest thing to me is that she didn’t report the rape. She just escaped and ran out of the store, IIRC. So how would any employees or even management know about it anyway?
    Yeah, it’s the overall stupidity of Rudy’s comments. “They say they’ve never had a rape there, so Trump must be innocent.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom