Does Trump ever do any jail time? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    A couple of weeks to take the depositions is definitely doable, but having everything done within 2 weeks will be tough to pull off. Didn't realize there would be that much of a gap between terms. That makes more sense.
    Just going from memory, but yeah, I hadn’t heard about the grand jury terms before yesterday.

There was one statement in his “perfect” phone call that I think qualifies to show his intent: he said “there’s nothing wrong with saying you recalculated”. That right there is proof he only wanted them to say they found more votes whether they actually existed or not.
    True..but even that could be defended by saying “I was simply saying that if they recounted and found out the results were off, there was nothing wrong with saying they got it wrong the first time.”

To be clear, I’m not saying that I believe that. I’m saying that I would rather prosecutors take the time to build an ironclad case and get it done the right way.

Apparently, in a shocking move, Trump was unable to control himself and posted on his social media site an attack on E Jean Carrol, calling the case a made up scam, and her attorney a political operative.

The judge reprimanded Trump (who is not present), telling his lawyers that Trumps comments were “entirely inappropriate,” that he was speaking to the jury about “stuff that has no business being spoken about,” and saying that Trump “may or may not be tampering with a new source of potential liability.”

Apparently, in a shocking move, Trump was unable to control himself and posted on his social media site an attack on E Jean Carrol, calling the case a made up scam, and her attorney a political operative.

The judge reprimanded Trump (who is not present), telling his lawyers that Trumps comments were “entirely inappropriate,” that he was speaking to the jury about “stuff that has no business being spoken about,” and saying that Trump “may or may not be tampering with a new source of potential liability.”

he doesnt care about warnings or reprimands- he has had 100s over his career that never amounted to much in the way of punishment. a $250,000 fine means nothing.

Until someone tosses him in jail for crossing line, this will continue to happen. His attorney(s) cannot stop him.

This rings so true. I’ve been groped without consent 2 times in my life, once as a young girl (I was only about 5-6 and didn’t even realize until a bit later what had happened) and once as a mature adult. Both times I blamed myself for being stupid and putting myself in a position to let that happen and just made sure that I never let myself be alone with either of those people again. And these were relatively minor touching without consent, not something violent like rape.

I cannot imagine how much worse a woman would feel after thinking a man was engaging in some harmless flirtation, a little bit of fun, and then suddenly being raped.

The insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was not “legitimate political discourse,” as the Republican Party officially wants you to believe.

It was a violent criminal conspiracy against our democracy — and now members of the far-right Proud Boys extremist group will be punished for their role in leading the bloody assault.
Four members of the group — including its leader, Henry “Enrique” Tarrio — were convicted of seditious conspiracy Thursday in D.C. federal court.

In previous trials, six members of another right-wing group, the Oath Keepers, were also convicted of that same charge, which carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

That means three different sets of jurors have concluded that Jan. 6 was no spontaneous riot. It was planned, organized, incited and led by individuals and groups in a conspiracy against our democratically elected government.

Let’s hope that Jack Smith, the special counsel investigating former president Donald Trump’s role in the insurrection, is paying attention.

After all, it was Trump who told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by” in a 2020 presidential campaign debate with Joe Biden. It was Trump who, after his defeat, summoned disappointed supporters to gather in Washington on the day when Congress would officially certify Biden as president-elect.

It was Trump who tweeted, “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

It was Trump who spoke at that morning’s rally on the Ellipse, stoking anger with outrageous and disproven lies about how the election had supposedly been “stolen” from him.

It was Trump who claimed, falsely, that then-Vice President Mike Pence had the authority to overturn Biden’s victory. It was Trump who sent the crowd — by then, an angry mob — off toward the Capitol.

And it was Trump who watched television coverage for hours, making no attempt to quell the violence, as the insurrectionists overran police lines, brutally attacked officers, smashed their way into the citadel of American democracy, and menaced members of Congress and his own loyal vice president.

We are still trying to process what happened on that shocking and unprecedented day. The wheels of U.S. justice are designed to grind slowly, and it has been frustrating to see accountability parceled out in dribs and drabs over two long years.

The Proud Boys verdict ends the last remaining case involving charges of seditious conspiracy — so far. We do not know what charges, if any, Smith might bring against Trump and members of his inner circle……..

Jurors are getting it right. Leaders of the insurrection should face the most serious charges and suffer the most severe punishments.

Now we wait to see whether the man without whose incitement Jan. 6 never would have happened — Donald Trump — is made to face his day in court as well……

(CNN) — At least eight of the Republican “fake electors” in Georgia have accepted immunity deals in an ongoing criminal investigation into efforts by Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 election there, according to a new court filing.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis had previously notified all 16 GOP fake electors in Georgia that they were targets in her investigation.

Last month, Willis offered immunity deals to several of the Republicans who served as pro-Trump electors and they accepted, according to the filing……

Yesterday saw closing arguments in the Jean Carroll civil trial - where Trump elected not to show up, which allowed the plaintiff to use his deposition testimony (it wasn't flattering).

Also yesterday, the criminal judge in the Stormy Daniels hush money case issued an order prohibiting Trump from publicly speaking or posting about the non-public criminal evidence to be shared with his defense team in accordance with criminal procedure.

Today, the civil case went to the jury, just as Trump posted on Truth Social that the case was a false accusation and that he had not been permitted to defend himself. This is clearly a lie - he had the opportunity to testify and elected to stay away. The judge had already admonished Trump's counsel about earlier social media posts.

Btw if you want to understand why the order in the criminal case is not a gag order but actually a fairly routine protective order, read this thread:

Let’s go to the a Big Board-

4 time bankrupt
    2 time impeached
    1 indictment (for now)
    1 time (found guilt of not charged) sexual predator

Your 2024 Republican Presidential Nominee everyone!

Don't forget twice divorced. Cause you know, the sanctity of marriage and all.

He has also lost hundreds of lawsuits. His university was shut down as fraudulent. His foundation was shut down as fraudulent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom