Colin Powell (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

el caliente

Reaction score
    While certainly it’s not proper to speak ill of the dead, Powell had an impressive career, and IMHO is the closest thing this era has had to Alexander Hamilton (debate that among yourselves).

As great a man as he was, some people couldn’t stop taking pot shots at him even on the day of his death.
    CF8CB88A-997B-4042-B38E-41DA75D7AF2F.jpeg

What a piece of shirt. Not Powell, obviously. And if Trump knew anything at all, Powell was highly skeptical of there actually being WMD's but believed in our intelligence agencies that faked intelligence so Cheney could go nation building with Haliburton. He wanted out privately the second it was learned that he was duped but cared too much about soldiers and their families to publicly come out and say they died for nothing.

He would have likely been the first black president had he run against Clinton for his second term. I saw some poll numbers earlier today that had him beating Clinton by double digits. It was 54-42 or something like that. (Or maybe I heard it on the radio in an interview with someone who knew him well. Can't remember.)

Fork Trump...and RIP Powell. This guy loved our country more than himself and put principles above party. To this day, I believe that he genuinely thought the Intel they had at the time was legitimate. And understandably, he regretted being a part of the shirtshow of hearings they did to make a case for invading Iraq.

I'd like to think we'd be in a better place had he run, and I don't think Trump ever gets elected to begin with.

That said, he made a hard choice by focusing on his wife rather than his career. If ever there was a guy who personified honor, he's head and shoulders above everyone else. He called it like he saw it, even if some close to him didn't agree with him.

If ever there was someone I would have liked to meet, he's near the top of the list.

Powell's other contributions to the world include covering up and participating in war crimes in Vietnam, facilitating atrocities in Central America, and destroying Iraqi civilian infrastructure in the Gulf War. But it's hard to dispute that his greatest lasting legacy will be his immortal reminder to future generations that there is never, ever a valid reason to trust anything US officials tell us about a government they wish to bring down.

Powell's contribution to the war effort has been considerable. But as time grinds down the tall spires of artificial insanity that the powerful are continually imposing upon our species, when all is said and done his contribution to the anti-war effort will have been greater.

Be sure to remind everyone of Powell's sociopathic facilitation of human slaughter often and loudly in the coming hours. Public opinion is the only thing keeping western war criminals from The Hague, after all, and those war criminals are keenly aware of this fact. At times like these, they suddenly become highly invested in making sure that regular people "respect the dead," not because they respect any human alive or dead, but because they cannot allow the death to become an opportunity to amplify and change public opinion about their egregious murderous crimes.

There is a giant narrative management exercise that will be playing out over the next few days. Be sure to enthusiastically disrupt it with the truth.

Colin Powell was living proof that no sane person would ever want to be president.

Only a sociopath could be okay with inflicting the harm on their own family that a presidential campaign does, and Powell made the only choice a reasonable person would.

Also, this country is on a really long streak of presidents without military service. Until Clinton it was basically a pre-requisite.

Powell's other contributions to the world include covering up and participating in war crimes in Vietnam, facilitating atrocities in Central America, and destroying Iraqi civilian infrastructure in the Gulf War. But it's hard to dispute that his greatest lasting legacy will be his immortal reminder to future generations that there is never, ever a valid reason to trust anything US officials tell us about a government they wish to bring down.

Powell's contribution to the war effort has been considerable. But as time grinds down the tall spires of artificial insanity that the powerful are continually imposing upon our species, when all is said and done his contribution to the anti-war effort will have been greater.

Be sure to remind everyone of Powell's sociopathic facilitation of human slaughter often and loudly in the coming hours. Public opinion is the only thing keeping western war criminals from The Hague, after all, and those war criminals are keenly aware of this fact. At times like these, they suddenly become highly invested in making sure that regular people "respect the dead," not because they respect any human alive or dead, but because they cannot allow the death to become an opportunity to amplify and change public opinion about their egregious murderous crimes.

There is a giant narrative management exercise that will be playing out over the next few days. Be sure to enthusiastically disrupt it with the truth.

Yes, the same people who trash Powell, cry like babies when they remove statues of Jefferson Davis.

And despite what you think about him, here's a small tidbit of what he thought about this country as a whole:

Powell thanked Maggert, writing, “You touched my soul and reminded me about what this country is all about and why it is so great. Let's stop screaming at each other. Let's just take care of each other. You made my day.”
    That is all I need to read about him to know his soul, although I have read more than enough about him before that took place. As for the disgustingtons you love to read and quote, I wouldn't waste my urine on them if they were on fire.

Colin Powell was living proof that no sane person would ever want to be president.

Only a sociopath could be okay with inflicting the harm on their own family that a presidential campaign does, and Powell made the only choice a reasonable person would.

Also, this country is on a really long streak of presidents without military service. Until Clinton it was basically a pre-requisite.

I don’t know if I’d go so far as say sociopath but there’s absolutely a selfishness about it

Once elected half the country is going to hate your guts

And once you hit presidential level it’s not just immediate family that gets caught up in all the outrage, mudslinging negativity and it’s on a level and scrutiny beyond the house or even senators or governors get

When you’re president and/or running for president, It’s aunts, uncles cousins nieces and nephews, college roommates, old business partners, neighbors and ex-spouses none of whom asked to be a part of it but they are

Last edited:
    I don’t know if I’d go so far as say sociopath but there’s absolutely a selfishness about it

Once elected half the country is going to hate your guts

And once you hit presidential level it’s not just immediate family that gets caught up in all the outrage, mudslinging negativity

It’s aunts, uncles cousins nieces and nephews, college roommates and old business partners none asked to be a part of it but they are
    That’s why I made a promise to myself to stop politicking once I lost as County Dog Catcher.

This is a good example of people seeing what they want to see and ignoring history. But, can't say it's surprising considering the source.

This is a good example of people seeing what they want to see and ignoring history. But, can't say it's surprising considering the source.

Isn't his role in the My Lai massacare well documented at this point? As well his willful delusions about the Iraqi war. He is a controversial figure. It's not unfair to describe him as a man who consistently put career over conscience. There are plenty of sources out there that don't have a glowing obituary.

I didn't think even Trump would be stupid enough to insult Powell the day after his death. Guess I was wrong. Sadly, all the reasonable Republicans are either dying or retiring.
    Trump is worse than trailer trash on steroids.
    General Powell may be the last of the moderate Republicans. He was a great American.

Isn't his role in the My Lai massacare well documented at this point? As well his willful delusions about the Iraqi war. He is a controversial figure. It's not unfair to describe him as a man who consistently put career over conscience. There are plenty of sources out there that don't have a glowing obituary.
    What do you believe his role was in that massacre?

As for his "willful delusions" to the Iraq war, are you saying the man who put a stop to the 1st Gulf War allowed himself to be deceived into a 2nd war?

The first war was stopped because he understood what occupying Iraq would take and that no one wanted to pay that price! Back then, there were some of the same voices calling for the full invasion of Iraq and he resisted them and convinced POTUS that their objectives have been met. From what I have read about him, he has always put service first and for him to serve over 35 years in the armed forces of a country that did not fully accept him, I find it completely admirable.

I couldn't do it, I was well on track to being promoted to E-9 until the 2008 Presidential campaign and my eyes were truly open to what this country thinks of people who look like me. The talk between some of the people I considered friends became so ignorant, until then, I thought that as long as I worked hard and was good at my job nothing else would matter, it became clear to me that was very a naïve mindset. I then began to look around and realize that many of the black SNCO's were move to more support positions outside of leadership, the ones who remained in those leadership positions had to fight to do so!

After listening to all the negative whispers about Obama and being told that I would be moved to back-shop (a support position) once I returned from special duty (USAF 1st Sgt), I bailed out!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom