Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Why do you think those in China are paying Hunter big sums of money?
    Obviously they're at least attempting to curry favor with Joe Biden.

Is there actual evidence to this point (outside of he said she said) that Joe Biden was a participant or tied to this directly?

Obviously they're at least attempting to curry favor with Joe Biden.

Is there actual evidence to this point (outside of he said she said) that Joe Biden was a participant or tied to this directly?
    Since Hunter has been paid by multiple different entities I assume that those payments to Hunter are accomplishing what they expected.

There isn't direct evidence of Joe being involved yet, but I'm assuming it's just a matter of time with Hunter being under investigation.

Would that be 10% of the income in the business venture that never happened?
    The Russian disinformation right? How's that claim looking now? What about those 50 intelligence officials that claimed it was Russian disinformation?

Since Hunter has been paid by multiple different entities I assume that those payments to Hunter are accomplishing what they expected.

I mean, I think that's logical.. but for all we know at this point that could all be the result of Hunter Biden being a decent conman..

If Joe Biden's involved in corrupt and/or criminal behavior here then screw him, but I'm not going to put the cart before the horse there when, to my knowledge, there's not a great deal of evidence even outside of this that would indicate that Joe Biden is inclined towards egregious corruption.

You know what really grinds my gears? It's all this talk about how H. Biden isn't qualified for this or that. He holds multiple degrees one of which is a law degree from Yale.

After law school, Biden accepted a position at bank holding company MBNA America, a major contributor to his father's political campaigns.[3] By 1998, Biden had risen to the rank of executive vice president[3][8] and left to serve at the United States Department of Commerce until 2001, focusing on ecommerce policy.[9] Biden became a lobbyist in 2001, co-founding the firm of Oldaker, Biden & Belair.[10] According to Adam Entous of The New Yorker, Biden and his father established a relationship in which "Biden wouldn't ask Hunter about his lobbying clients, and Hunter wouldn't tell his father about them."[3] In 2006, Biden and his uncle James Biden purchased international hedge fund Paradigm Global Advisors; Hunter was interim CEO of the fund[11] for five years, until 2011.[12] Hunter Biden was appointed to a five-year term on the board of directors of Amtrak by President George W. Bush, also in 2006.[13] Biden was the board's vice chairman from July 2006 until 2009; he resigned in February 2009,[14][15] leaving both roles shortly after his father became vice president. Biden said during his father's vice presidential campaign that it was time for his lobbying activities to end.[3]

Then in 2014, he decides, "fork that, I needs to paid because of my daddy!", this is sooo forking stupid. His positions he held from the 2000's until the stupids made him a target had more to do with who he was working with than who his father was and that's Chris Heinz, whose the son of an actual billionaire.

Yes, since there have been multiple payments, you can assume that those payments are currying favor with Joe Biden

There isn't direct evidence of Joe being involved yet, but I'm assuming it's just a matter of time with Hunter being under investigation.

So, if there isn't any evidence of Joe being involved, why do you choose to assume that the payments to Hunter are currying favor with him?

The Russian disinformation right? How's that claim looking now? What about those 50 intelligence officials that claimed it was Russian disinformation?

No, it's been well reported that the deal involving Oneida and CEFC never materialized.

I mean, I think that's logical.. but for all we know at this point that could all be the result of Hunter Biden being a decent conman..

If Joe Biden's involved in corrupt and/or criminal behavior here then screw him, but I'm not going to put the cart before the horse there when, to my knowledge, there's not a great deal of evidence even outside of this that would indicate that Joe Biden is inclined towards egregious corruption.
    Feel free to give Joe the benefit of doubt, but there's a lot of smoke. Why do you think Joe Biden said multiple times that the story was just Russian disinformation which we know know is bullshirt?

You know what really grinds my gears? It's all this talk about how H. Biden isn't qualified for this or that. He holds multiple degrees one of which is a law degree from Yale.

After law school, Biden accepted a position at bank holding company MBNA America, a major contributor to his father's political campaigns.[3] By 1998, Biden had risen to the rank of executive vice president[3][8] and left to serve at the United States Department of Commerce until 2001, focusing on ecommerce policy.[9] Biden became a lobbyist in 2001, co-founding the firm of Oldaker, Biden & Belair.[10] According to Adam Entous of The New Yorker, Biden and his father established a relationship in which "Biden wouldn't ask Hunter about his lobbying clients, and Hunter wouldn't tell his father about them."[3] In 2006, Biden and his uncle James Biden purchased international hedge fund Paradigm Global Advisors; Hunter was interim CEO of the fund[11] for five years, until 2011.[12] Hunter Biden was appointed to a five-year term on the board of directors of Amtrak by President George W. Bush, also in 2006.[13] Biden was the board's vice chairman from July 2006 until 2009; he resigned in February 2009,[14][15] leaving both roles shortly after his father became vice president. Biden said during his father's vice presidential campaign that it was time for his lobbying activities to end.[3]

Then in 2014, he decides, "fork that, I needs to paid because of my daddy!", this is sooo forking stupid. His positions he held from the 2000's until the stupids made him a target had more to do with who he was working with than who his father was and that's Chris Heinz, whose the son of an actual billionaire.
    China couldn't find a local crackhead? What qualifications did Hunter have to be director of the board of the oil company Burisma or to get 10 million for introductions in China?

Feel free to give Joe the benefit of doubt, but there's a lot of smoke. Why do you think Joe Biden said multiple times that the story was just Russian disinformation which we know know is bullshirt?
    I think it's the same benefit of the doubt that I try to extend to anyone.. I think the most simple answer to your last question is that he/they thought it would be damaging to his chances of winning the election that was only days away. Obviously it could be more sinister than that and I think they were likely being... misleading or something at the least in calling it straight up Russian disinformation.. but I don't know personally what parts of the New York Post story have been confirmed and which parts haven't and if there's a chance that parts of it are in fact Russian disinformation.

I think it's the same benefit of the doubt that I try to extend to anyone.. I think the most simple answer to your last question is that he/they thought it would be damaging to his chances of winning the election that was only days away. Obviously it could be more sinister than that and I think they were likely being... misleading or something at the least in calling it straight up Russian disinformation.. but I don't know personally what parts of the New York Post story have been confirmed and which parts haven't and if there's a chance that parts of it are in fact Russian disinformation.
    There is zero evidence it was Russian disinformation and even the New York Times eventually admitted that. The Russian disinformation claim was clearly a coordinated effort between Biden's campaign, the media, Facebook/Twitter/Google/YouTube, and the establishment(the 50 former intelligence officials.)

China couldn't find a local crackhead? What qualifications did Hunter have to be director of the board of the oil company Burisma or to get 10 million for introductions in China?
    He was also serving on the board of multiple other companies during the same time period. Crazy!!!

The money laundering part of it came out today.

Do you know about money laundering laws? Or you just saw "money laundering" and thought "cartel!"?

There is zero evidence it was Russian disinformation and even the New York Times eventually admitted that. The Russian disinformation claim was clearly a coordinated effort between Biden's campaign, the media, Facebook/Twitter/Google/YouTube, and the establishment(the 50 former intelligence officials.)
    Fair enough and scratch the Russian disinformation part, I guess I'm morbid that I wasn't sure if the entirety of the New York Post story had been confirmed or not.

Yeah, I think it was fairly obvious as well that anti-Trump media didn't want to delve into this story prior to the election and that Russian disinformation was kind of the catch-all they apparently misled with to try and dismiss the story and lessen its impact on the election. I'm not sure if there was coordination between all the parties you mentioned, but it makes sense the Biden campaign would have been lobbying for them all to dismiss it as Russian disinformation.

Right now if I had to compare it to anything in particular I'd compare it to the misleading done by the Trump campaign about their Russian contacts. You probably view it different, but I think you're in the ballpark of a mirror image position of when Democrats were saying "why are they lying about all this Russian stuff? That's gotta mean that ______ is also true."

You may well be proven to be correct on everything or most things, but I do think you're a bit ahead of yourself in your surety that we'll see Joe Biden implicated.

So are the Bidens the new Clintons? Constantly facing investigations that ultimately amount to nothing because they're somehow bumbling buffoons and criminal masterminds all at the same time?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom