Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Now if Joe committed crimes, then he should be impeached.
    If Joe commits crimes as president, then he should be impeached.

Have impeachments been started to remove a president for crimes he committed prior to be elected president?

Have impeachments been started to remove a president for crimes he committed prior to be elected president?

Since a President can’t be indicted while in office, I think it’s fair to impeach them for crimes committed before they got in that they would otherwise be indicted for. It’s the only way to go after justice.

That being said, there’s no credible indication he committed any crime.

If it could've been proven, we were going to impeach Trump for conspiring with Russia, so I do think crimes committed before becoming president can be used as a basis for impeachment.

If it could've been proven, we were going to impeach Trump for conspiring with Russia, so I do think crimes committed before becoming president can be used as a basis for impeachment.
    Committing treason to obtain the office of president is an impeachable offense. That's considerably different than a candidate's son being investigated for tax problems. There are a number of crimes that trump committed prior to taking the office and none of them were mentioned with regard to impeachment. Committing a crime specifically outlined as grounds for impeachment to win the office falls in line with crimes committed WHILE in office.
    I don't agree that crimes committed as a civilian are grounds for impeachment after taking office unless, of course, that person is found to have committed murder or some heinous crime and even then, it couldn't be investigated while that person is the president so there's that.

Committing treason to obtain the office of president is an impeachable offense. That's considerably different than a candidate's son being investigated for tax problems. There are a number of crimes that trump committed prior to taking the office and none of them were mentioned with regard to impeachment. Committing a crime specifically outlined as grounds for impeachment to win the office falls in line with crimes committed WHILE in office.
    I don't agree that crimes committed as a civilian are grounds for impeachment after taking office unless, of course, that person is found to have committed murder or some heinous crime and even then, it couldn't be investigated while that person is the president so there's that.
    Trump should've been impeached for many crimes, but I get the point. I suppose it would be fair to only impeach for crimes that directly relate to winning the presidency, such as paying off a hooker for silence or conspiring with a foreign country to influence an election. Also, it is just a Justice Department opinion that presidents can't be investigated, and I think that is nonsense, and Clinton was investigated and testified. Trump's Justice Department and Mueller hid behind that cowardly opinion. That opinion invites corruption, so it shouldn't be withheld.

If Joe contributed to tax evasion, then I suppose that wouldn't justify impeachment, but it sure justifies making him a 1 term president and prosecuting him after he leaves office. I hope he didn't contribute, and at worst just turned a blind eye to his suspicions. We desperately need to renew the soul of this country, and that would further tarnish the soul.

So what happens if it’s a crime they would be indicted for were it not for the guidance against indicting a sitting President? I don’t like the idea of forgoing justice because they can’t be indicted. I don’t really have strong feelings on it either way, but the White House serving as base in tag where someone can’t be touched doesn’t sit well with me.

So what happens if it’s a crime they would be indicted for were it not for the guidance against indicting a sitting President? I don’t like the idea of forgoing justice because they can’t be indicted. I don’t really have strong feelings on it either way, but the White House serving as base in tag where someone can’t be touched doesn’t sit well with me.

Well, the theory is pretty straightforward although it doesn't work the way it should. Evidence exists that the president committed a crime. That evidence is used to impeach the president. The president is removed from office via impeachment. The civilian ex-president is then charged and prosecuted.

Recently? You seem to have me confused with someone who is so pathetically insecure they think they are always right, or has to collect a clipboard full of Twitter links to try and convince themselves they are. I've been wrong a heck of a lot more than recently. Heck, I've improved from some of my past predictions.
    Since you personally insulted me multiple times in this thread for talking about this subject or thinking it might me true, then you should expect to be reminded how wrong you were. I never claimed to be right about everything, but maybe next time you shouldn't say someone is an idiot for saying something you disagree with. If I'm throwing out an insult, it's always in response to someone personally insulting me first.

But when you have a chance I'm curious as to your opinion on Trump and the Republicans and what he and quite a few of them are doing with the electoral college play and election lawsuits.
    I think it's horrible what Trump is doing and if he and other idiots like Lin Wood keep it up they could drive down voter turnout and hand the Senate to the Democrats.

Why? What does this have to do with Joe Biden?

Parents aren't responsible for the actions of their adult children.
    China is buying influence with Joe through Hunter. Do you think that China was actually interested in Hunte4 strictly for his expertise?

China is buying influence with Joe through Hunter. Do you think that China was actually interested in Hunte4 strictly for his expertise?

Let's say you are 100% correct and that foreign governments and companies were only doing business with Hunter Biden in order to get to his father. So what? There's zero indication that Joe Biden has been influenced by any foreign entity. That's all that matters, right? That our elected officials are free of foreign influence?

I think it's horrible what Trump is doing and if he and other idiots like Lin Wood keep it up they could drive down voter turnout and hand the Senate to the Democrats.

Do you think driving down voter turnout is the worst thing to happen due to Trump's words and actions?

It appears to be a family affair. I wonder if Hunter is still having to give 10% of his income to the "Big guy"(Joe).

“Don’t worry about investors,” he said, according to the executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing fear of retaliation. “We've got people all around the world who want to invest in Joe Biden.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom