Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Translation: you don't care about The Democrats, Big Tech, the media, the CIA collaborating to suppress a story that helped Joe Biden get elected because Trump lost.
    Your inability to listen to reasoning from a former Republican who has no reason to stand up for Joe Biden just totally gives up your game.

The other troubling thing is that you are totally willing to swallow the fairy tale that Big Tech, the Democrats, the media and the CIA were all involved in a huuuuge conspiracy. Just think about that for a minute. Good grief, listen to how crazy that sounds.

Translation: you don't care about The Democrats, Big Tech, the media, the CIA collaborating to suppress a story that helped Joe Biden get elected because Trump lost.
    Show me where I backed the Steele Dossier.

I am not a Democrat. I am a Republican. I have voted in Republican primaries my entire life. Always. Without exception. With that said, I will not vote for a Republican just because he/she has an "R" after their name. If I had my way, there would be no parties.

I voted for Joe Biden, not as a vote "for" him, but a vote against Donald Trump--who is freaking terrible. That was the first time I ever voted for a Democrat. I speak out against Republicans on this forum quite a bit, not because they are the other "team", but because they were once my team. They have lost their freaking minds and support the worst people for office. They have given up on having standards. No justice confirmations during an election year. Okay, I can live with that standard, but when it is your team nominating, forget the standard, we are going to ram someone in there in 30 days.

The Republicans have become all about power. When in power, we do what we want. When out of power, we demand standards. It is hypocrisy. Hypocrisy pisses me off--especially when it is done by the people I once called my team.

Your inability to listen to reasoning from a former Republican who has no reason to stand up for Joe Biden just totally gives up your game.

The other troubling thing is that you are totally willing to swallow the fairy tale that Big Tech, the Democrats, the media and the CIA were all involved in a huuuuge conspiracy. Just think about that for a minute. Good grief, listen to how crazy that sounds.
    I have to lean back to the sovereign democracy theory here. He lists many conspiracies and grievances to the point that the truth isn’t clear anymore to him. I don’t think this is a game to him. He truly believes in this and that he is revealing his truth to us. And by that he is unique and special when he sees what most on this board cannot.

How about this?

In researching the book, I spoke to a person who had had independent access to Hunter Biden’s emails. This person was not in a position to compare the leaked emails word-for-word with the originals, but they said Hunter Biden had in fact received an email containing the “10 held by H for the big guy?” language and another from a Burisma representative thanking him for the opportunity to meet Joe Biden.

I also obtained a cache of the purported laptop files from people working with the right-wing operative Steve Bannon, one of the people behind the original leak. I was able to confirm that some other parts of the material are genuine. Two people who corresponded with Hunter Biden in the months leading up to his father’s 2019 campaign launch confirmed to me the authenticity of emails in the cache. The people spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing fears of being embroiled in a global controversy.

Finally, emails in the cache matched emails released to me by the National Property Board of Sweden, a Swedish government agency, under the country’s freedom of information law. (For a time, Hunter Biden had an office inside the complex that houses the Swedish embassy.)

Or this:

People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity. Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.

In some of the emails, Mr. Biden displayed a familiarity with FARA, and a desire to avoid triggering it.

In one email to Mr. Archer in April 2014, Mr. Biden outlined his vision for working with Burisma. In the email, Hunter Biden indicated that the forthcoming announcement of a trip to Ukraine by Vice President Biden — who is referred to in the email as “my guy,” but not by name — should “be characterized as part of our advice and thinking — but what he will say and do is out of our hands.”

The announcement “could be a really good thing or it could end up creating too great an expectation. We need to temper expectations regarding that visit,” Hunter Biden wrote.

Vice President Biden traveled to Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, about a week after the email.

Sounds legit too :hihi:

I am not going to waste my time explaining domain keys, but I'd ask about this little snippet:

Finally, emails in the cache matched emails released to me by the National Property Board of Sweden, a Swedish government agency, under the country’s freedom of information law. (For a time, Hunter Biden had an office inside the complex that houses the Swedish embassy.)

Why would the Swedish government have Hunter Biden's emails? Unless H. Biden sent emails to someone in the Swedish government to their government email address, or he sent emails from a Swedish government email address, the Swedish government wouldn't have access to them. That Biden had an office in the same complex as the Swedish embassy doesn't mean his emails and the emails of the entire complex use the same mail server; and especially not the Swedish embassy's mail server.

Why would a Swedish government agency, (one that manages a portion of Sweden's state assets to boot), would provide a non-Swedish citizen any information under a Swedish law?

How would H. Biden's emails qualify as official Swedish government documents that would be covered under The Public Access to Information and Secrecy Act (which is the actual name of the Swedish law). ?

And before you go there, the U.S. Freedom of Information Act doesn't apply to other countries' embassy

Last edited:
    Why do you think all those companies hired Hunter for huge amounts of money for jobs he had no experience in? Speculate and give me your honest opinion.

The investigation is ongoing so if the money was going to Joe Biden as well I'm sure we will find out about it when the investigation is completed. I don't think Biden would get removed from office, but maybe it will bring attention to that type of corruption in government which is very common.

here's my take...let's look at why those companies hired Hunter, and what they got for it...

Burisma hired Hunter, in my opinion, because the CEO of the company figured that he would have some influence with the US vice president. What kind of influence did he get? The vice president of the US told the government of Ukraine that if they did not fire the country's chief prosecutor because he was not going after the CEO of Burisma for allegations of criminal activity when he worked for the Ukranian government, and was protecting the CEO of Burisma from money laundering charges in the UK, then the country would not get military aid.

So, you want to imply that because Hunter Biden was involved in a business deal, that means his father is dirty...yet the one time we have seen any kind of actual actions by his father, it was to try and get Hunter's boss prosecuted.

here's my take...let's look at why those companies hired Hunter, and what they got for it...

Burisma hired Hunter, in my opinion, because the CEO of the company figured that he would have some influence with the US vice president. What kind of influence did he get? The vice president of the US told the government of Ukraine that if they did not fire the country's chief prosecutor because he was not going after the CEO of Burisma for allegations of criminal activity when he worked for the Ukranian government, and was protecting the CEO of Burisma from money laundering charges in the UK, then the country would not get military aid.

So, you want to imply that because Hunter Biden was involved in a business deal, that means his father is dirty...yet the one time we have seen any kind of actual actions by his father, it was to try and get Hunter's boss prosecuted.
    They believe that Biden wanted the prosecutor fired to protect Burisma.

It is insane, but I've heard several people say that Biden demanding the prosecutor be fired is the smoking gun.

It is impossible to argue with those people.

They believe that Biden wanted the prosecutor fired to protect Burisma.

It is insane, but I've heard several people say that Biden demanding the prosecutor be fired is the smoking gun.

It is impossible to argue with those people.
    I know…I always find it hilarious when these people say that. I love watching them squirm when I point out that Bidens (actually the US governments—they also hate when you point out that Biden wasn’t making a personal demand) request was because the CEO of Burisma was not being prosecuted.

Show me where I backed the Steele Dossier.

I am not a Democrat. I am a Republican. I have voted in Republican primaries my entire life. Always. Without exception. With that said, I will not vote for a Republican just because he/she has an "R" after their name. If I had my way, there would be no parties.

I voted for Joe Biden, not as a vote "for" him, but a vote against Donald Trump--who is freaking terrible. That was the first time I ever voted for a Democrat. I speak out against Republicans on this forum quite a bit, not because they are the other "team", but because they were once my team. They have lost their freaking minds and support the worst people for office. They have given up on having standards. No justice confirmations during an election year. Okay, I can live with that standard, but when it is your team nominating, forget the standard, we are going to ram someone in there in 30 days.

The Republicans have become all about power. When in power, we do what we want. When out of power, we demand standards. It is hypocrisy. Hypocrisy pisses me off--especially when it is done by the people I once called my team.
    The post you responded to was in reference to the Hunter Biden story being censored and written off as Russian disinformation by a coordinated campaign between the Democrats, the media, big tech and the CIA. Do you have a problem with that? I'm not asking about what you think about the Hunter Biden story, but strictly about the censorship.

There are plenty of horrible Republicans, but it's laughable that you think that it's only the Republicans that only care about power and are hypocrites.

That's rich coming from someone who fell for the Clinton generated Tom Clancy like tale of Trump Russian collusion.

The censorship and labeling of Russian disinformation wasn't a conspiracy. It was done out in the open for all to see and it was quite obvious to anyone who doesn't blindly believe the corporate media.

Sounds legit too :hihi:

I am not going to waste my time explaining domain keys, but I'd ask about this little snippet:

Why would the Swedish government have Hunter Biden's emails? Unless H. Biden sent emails to someone in the Swedish government to their government email address, or he sent emails from a Swedish government email address, the Swedish government wouldn't have access to them. That Biden had an office in the same complex as the Swedish embassy doesn't mean his emails and the emails of the entire complex use the same mail server; and especially not the Swedish embassy's mail server.

Why would a Swedish government agency, (one that manages a portion of Sweden's state assets to boot), would provide a non-Swedish citizen any information under a Swedish law?

How would H. Biden's emails qualify as official Swedish government documents that would be covered under The Public Access to Information and Secrecy Act (which is the actual name of the Swedish law). ?

And before you go there, the U.S. Freedom of Information Act doesn't apply to other countries' embassy
    Are you claiming the Politico reporter is making it all up? He said it was from Sweden's Freedom of Information Law and not the US.

You know what else is important to note. Joe or Hunter have never said they weren't his email or that they weren't accurate.

Those companies hired him because he name-dropped his dad. Of that, I have no doubt. That, in and of itself, isn't illegal.
    There is corruption in government. The past administration showed us that. Trump withholding aid to Ukraine until it would "do him a favor." (A personal/political favor...not a favor for the U.S.). If you think Hunter is proof of corruption, then you surely believe that Ivanka's fast-track trademarks are also evidence of corruption. If Hunter's emails are enough to tie to Biden, then these trade-marks are enough to tie to Trump. However, I do not recall you banging that "corruption" drum like you are with Hunter. That tells me that this is about politics/tribalism/"my team wins" than it is about corruption.

In short, don't come here and claim you are fighting corruption, when you buried you head in the sand when your side did it.
    You think they paid Hunter million of dollars just because he name-dropped his Dad? Why would Hunter name-dropping his Dad make them want to hire him? We all know it was buying influence with his Dad.

I'm not surprised at any level of corruption that we are learning about from Trump or his kids. I've constantly said Trump was corrupt and probably guilty of money laundering.

That's rich coming from someone who fell for the Clinton generated Tom Clancy like tale of Trump Russian collusion.

The censorship and labeling of Russian disinformation wasn't a conspiracy. It was done out in the open for all to see and it was quite obvious to anyone who doesn't blindly believe the corporate media.
    Honestly, you’re in need of some perspective. The Trump campaign actually wanted Russian help with the 2016 campaign, that’s just a fact. You know it’s true, yet you still call it false. The only people who don’t believe that Russia wanted to help Trump and that Trump welcomed the help are either Trump or Putin apologists.

Clinton didn’t generate anything, and honestly your take is a bit unbalanced. You’re the one who has been taken in. It’s actually sad that you refuse to see it.

You‘ve had people from all sides of the political spectrum trying to show you how you’ve been misled on this story. But you refuse to listen and/or think critically about it.

You think they paid Hunter million of dollars just because he name-dropped his Dad? Why would Hunter name-dropping his Dad make them want to hire him? We all know it was buying influence with his Dad.

I'm not surprised at any level of corruption that we are learning about from Trump or his kids. I've constantly said Trump was corrupt and probably guilty of money laundering.
    Well...we all know it was that they thought they were buying influence with his dad.

Can you show us where they actually GOT influence with his dad?

Well...we all know it was that they thought they were buying influence with his dad.

Can you show us where they actually GOT influence with his dad?
    This is the question any reasonable person would ask.

Prove it bought influence from Joe Biden. Prove it. You have been shown that the one instance where JB could have exerted influence to benefit the company, he actually took action against that company. You claim you know it bought influence, show the influence it bought. Prove it.

The post you responded to was in reference to the Hunter Biden story being censored and written off as Russian disinformation by a coordinated campaign between the Democrats, the media, big tech and the CIA. Do you have a problem with that? I'm not asking about what you think about the Hunter Biden story, but strictly about the censorship.

There are plenty of horrible Republicans, but it's laughable that you think that it's only the Republicans that only care about power and are hypocrites.
    The story being pushed by Republicans is that Joe Biden was bought for his influence. To the extent that the Republican narrative was basically he was being bribed, it was absolutely disinformation. Again, you have been shown it bought no influence from Joe Biden. So yes, it was and still is disinformation. You so badly want this to be something, you can’t see that it is a nothing burger when it comes to Joe Biden.

Answer me this, if it wasn’t Biden’s son, would you give a damn? Because Hunter’s grifting had as much influence on Joe Biden as Donald, Jr.’s grifting.

Are you claiming the Politico reporter is making it all up? He said it was from Sweden's Freedom of Information Law and not the US.
    Yes, he is making it up. What he wrote makes absolutely no sense.

You know what else is important to note. Joe or Hunter have never said they weren't his email or that they weren't accurate.

What is important to note, is that you have no answers for the questions I posed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom