Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

This is all so stupid. You can have at it, but these people (NY Post) would say anything to hurt Biden. NY Post has lied about so many things in the past, and been caught doing it. People that will deal with this zombie Zip drive that came from Rudy and Steve Bannon are just showing how biased they can be.

Here’s a couple of points to think about - SFL. I doubt you will consider this, though.

1. We do not see any evidence that Biden ever did any sort of quid pro quo for Hunter during his political career. We do see a verified email from the same time frame where Hunter cautions that he doesn’t have any idea what his dad will say or do, and that expectations of preferred treatment should be tempered. Bet your biased sources never will quote that email.

2. We don’t know who that second email is referring to, but even if it is Joe Biden - in 2017 he was no longer in government, he was a private citizen. His taxes have been public for what? 40-50 years? So where is the corruption? Explain to me how getting a payment due to a deal his son made in 2017 was corrupt when he was a private citizen at the time? And $10K? He made millions from his book and speaking deals after he left the WH.

Repeating: this whole thing is entirely stupid, and it’s being used to distract people from all the actual real corruption committed by Trump and his crime family.

That sounds legit :hihi:
    How about this?

In researching the book, I spoke to a person who had had independent access to Hunter Biden’s emails. This person was not in a position to compare the leaked emails word-for-word with the originals, but they said Hunter Biden had in fact received an email containing the “10 held by H for the big guy?” language and another from a Burisma representative thanking him for the opportunity to meet Joe Biden.

I also obtained a cache of the purported laptop files from people working with the right-wing operative Steve Bannon, one of the people behind the original leak. I was able to confirm that some other parts of the material are genuine. Two people who corresponded with Hunter Biden in the months leading up to his father’s 2019 campaign launch confirmed to me the authenticity of emails in the cache. The people spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing fears of being embroiled in a global controversy.

Finally, emails in the cache matched emails released to me by the National Property Board of Sweden, a Swedish government agency, under the country’s freedom of information law. (For a time, Hunter Biden had an office inside the complex that houses the Swedish embassy.)

Or this:

People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity. Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.

In some of the emails, Mr. Biden displayed a familiarity with FARA, and a desire to avoid triggering it.

In one email to Mr. Archer in April 2014, Mr. Biden outlined his vision for working with Burisma. In the email, Hunter Biden indicated that the forthcoming announcement of a trip to Ukraine by Vice President Biden — who is referred to in the email as “my guy,” but not by name — should “be characterized as part of our advice and thinking — but what he will say and do is out of our hands.”

The announcement “could be a really good thing or it could end up creating too great an expectation. We need to temper expectations regarding that visit,” Hunter Biden wrote.

Vice President Biden traveled to Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, about a week after the email.

Yeah, there isn’t ONE direct quote in that snippet from the dude’s new book he needs you need to buy to learn the real story. Weren’t you on here complaining about unnamed sources? Yes you were.

I do love the part about getting it from Steve Bannon though. That is all you need to know about the accuracy of the book.

But just for fun, one more time for the people in the back.

The information these people are talking about didn’t come from the actual laptop. The Feds have that and have not released it or it’s contents for like a year.

It came from a drive that is allegedly a copy of the laptop. This has been under no protection nor scrutinized by any data analysts that aren’t trying to push the story. They can verify certain data is from the laptop, but not all. That doesn’t help your argument. They (The Washington Post) said they didn’t see all of it either, just what was provided. Again, not helping the argument.

Whether that drive is 100% fake or 100% legit doesn’t matter anymore because it has been maintained without any kind of secure preservation, so neither side would ever buy the evidence as not tainted. Steven Bannon and Rudy have possessed it for jeebus sakes.

And finally, even if everything you say is true, until you can show even a modicum of evidence that JOE Biden even was aware of these happenings then it doesn’t matter. People sell access to their family or neighbor or whatever every day. Our last administration just went ahead and gave his whole family jobs; and Tiffany can’t even talk the poor thing.

It’s been closer to two year since anyone has even seen the laptop, and even then neither Rudy, nor Bannon nor the NY Post, nor GG, nor the politico book grifter guy ever saw it.

Yeah, there isn’t ONE direct quote in that snippet from the dude’s new book he needs you need to buy to learn the real story. Weren’t you on here complaining about unnamed sources? Yes you were.

I do love the part about getting it from Steve Bannon though. That is all you need to know about the accuracy of the book.

The information these people are talking about didn’t come from the actual laptop. The Feds have that and have not released it or it’s contents for like a year.

It came from a drive that is allegedly a copy of the laptop. This has been under no protection nor scrutinized by any data analysts that aren’t trying to push the story. They can verify certain data is from the laptop, but not all. That doesn’t help your argument. They (The Washington Post) said they didn’t see all of it either, just what was provided. Again, not helping the argument.

Whether that drive is 100% fake or 100% legit doesn’t matter anymore because it has been maintained without any kind of secure preservation, so neither side would ever buy the evidence as not tainted. Steven Bannon and Rudy have possessed it for jeebus sakes.

And finally, even if everything you say is true, until you can show even a modicum of evidence that JOE Biden even was aware of these happenings then it doesn’t matter. People sell access to their family or neighbor or whatever every day. Our last administration just went ahead and gave his whole family jobs; and Tiffany can’t even talk the poor thing.
    You keep up with that word salad of excuses if it makes you feel better. So his book was written only to make money and that makes it not credible?

I've complained about unnamed intelligence sources which have mostly been inaccurate the past few years. NBC and those sources literally admitted this past week that they were purposely putting out misinformation and propaganda.

The writer from Politico that wrote the book said there could be some parts that were inserted and weren't from Biden, but I'll say this again for the people with reading comprehension problems....he verified parts with people who were in the emails & he got copies of the emails from the Swedish government(and they matched!) & the NYT authenticated them too. No matter how many times you guys try to discredit those facts by mentioning Bannon and Rudy it doesn't change the fact that the emails have been authenticated by multiple people from different sources.

It’s been closer to two year since anyone has even seen the laptop, and even then neither Rudy, nor Bannon nor the NY Post, nor GG, nor the politico book grifter guy ever saw it.
    And yet the people who were included in the Hunter Biden emails have said they are accurate. So your talking points about nobody has seen the laptop in 2 years doesn't change that.

To drive this point home:

Imaging Democrats stating that they have Donald, Jr.'s laptop, but instead of a laptop, it is an external hard drive that purports to be a "copy" of the laptop. This "copy" has been in the possession of George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer. A portion of this laptop has been verified to contain some emails from Donald, Jr. George, Nancy, and Chuck refuse to provide the entire laptop to Republicans to be reviewed and analyzed. Despite this, they claim it "proves" that Donald, Jr. actively attempted to overthrow the government with his father's permission and assistance.

Are you taking that at face value? If not, then you "want" for the hard drive to be incriminating, rather than letting the actual evidence prove to you that it is incriminating. A good thing for us all to do is to take a look at any evidence, assume it is from "the other side," and look at it from that point of view. If it doesn't pass the Nancy/Chuck/George test, then it doesn't pass the Bannon/Guiliani test.

You keep up with that word salad of excuses if it makes you feel better. So his book was written only to make money and that makes it not credible?

I've complained about unnamed intelligence sources which have mostly been inaccurate the past few years. NBC and those sources literally admitted this past week that they were purposely putting out misinformation and propaganda.

The writer from Politico that wrote the book said there could be some parts that were inserted and weren't from Biden, but I'll say this again for the people with reading comprehension problems....he verified parts with people who were in the emails & he got copies of the emails from the Swedish government(and they matched!) & the NYT authenticated them too. No matter how many times you guys try to discredit those facts by mentioning Bannon and Rudy it doesn't change the fact that the emails have been authenticated by multiple people from different sources.
    But you haven't shown anything that suggests that the emails prove Joe Biden was involved. The only thing the right mentions is "big guy."

Look, I absolutely believe that Hunter is a grifter. I do not doubt that he would name drop his dad at any opportunity to gain an advantage in trying to close a business deal. However, I have been shown NOTHING that indicates Joe Biden was actually involved in the grift. Hunter Biden is the black sheep of the family. Of that, there is no doubt. He may have even done something illegal. If so, he should go to jail, but in no way does Hunter's activities, even if illegal, mean that Joe Biden will be removed from the Presidency.

But you haven't shown anything that suggests that the emails prove Joe Biden was involved. The only thing the right mentions is "big guy."

Look, I absolutely believe that Hunter is a grifter. I do not doubt that he would name drop his dad at any opportunity to gain an advantage in trying to close a business deal. However, I have been shown NOTHING that indicates Joe Biden was actually involved in the grift. Hunter Biden is the black sheep of the family. Of that, there is no doubt. He may have even done something illegal. If so, he should go to jail, but in no way does Hunter's activities, even if illegal, mean that Joe Biden will be removed from the Presidency.
    Why do you think all those companies hired Hunter for huge amounts of money for jobs he had no experience in? Speculate and give me your honest opinion.

The investigation is ongoing so if the money was going to Joe Biden as well I'm sure we will find out about it when the investigation is completed. I don't think Biden would get removed from office, but maybe it will bring attention to that type of corruption in government which is very common.

Why do you think all those companies hired Hunter for huge amounts of money for jobs he had no experience in? Speculate and give me your honest opinion.

The investigation is ongoing so if the money was going to Joe Biden as well I'm sure we will find out about it when the investigation is completed. I don't think Biden would get removed from office, but maybe it will bring attention to that type of corruption in government which is very common.
    Those companies hired him because he name-dropped his dad. Of that, I have no doubt. That, in and of itself, isn't illegal.
    There is corruption in government. The past administration showed us that. Trump withholding aid to Ukraine until it would "do him a favor." (A personal/political favor...not a favor for the U.S.). If you think Hunter is proof of corruption, then you surely believe that Ivanka's fast-track trademarks are also evidence of corruption. If Hunter's emails are enough to tie to Biden, then these trade-marks are enough to tie to Trump. However, I do not recall you banging that "corruption" drum like you are with Hunter. That tells me that this is about politics/tribalism/"my team wins" than it is about corruption.

In short, don't come here and claim you are fighting corruption, when you buried you head in the sand when your side did it.

To drive this point home:

Imaging Democrats stating that they have Donald, Jr.'s laptop, but instead of a laptop, it is an external hard drive that purports to be a "copy" of the laptop. This "copy" has been in the possession of George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer. A portion of this laptop has been verified to contain some emails from Donald, Jr. George, Nancy, and Chuck refuse to provide the entire laptop to Republicans to be reviewed and analyzed. Despite this, they claim it "proves" that Donald, Jr. actively attempted to overthrow the government with his father's permission and assistance.

Are you taking that at face value? If not, then you "want" for the hard drive to be incriminating, rather than letting the actual evidence prove to you that it is incriminating. A good thing for us all to do is to take a look at any evidence, assume it is from "the other side," and look at it from that point of view. If it doesn't pass the Nancy/Chuck/George test, then it doesn't pass the Bannon/Guiliani test.
    What about the Steele dossier which was never verified, was used by the FBI to spy on the Trump campaign, and supposedly gave credibility to the Trump Russia collusion narrative for years?

The Democrats, the media and some in the FBI had no problem taking that at face value. Hell, Comey purposely put the Steele Dossier in an intelligence briefing to Trump so the media would have the hook to report on it.

It's unbelievable that the attention and credibility that was given to the BS Steele Dossier for years and now that parts of Hunter's laptop has been verified by multiple sources(some of those sources called it Russia disinformation to help Joe get elected) that all of the sudden yall have some skepticism. It's an amazing turn of events

Those companies hired him because he name-dropped his dad. Of that, I have no doubt. That, in and of itself, isn't illegal.
    There is corruption in government. The past administration showed us that. Trump withholding aid to Ukraine until it would "do him a favor." (A personal/political favor...not a favor for the U.S.). If you think Hunter is proof of corruption, then you surely believe that Ivanka's fast-track trademarks are also evidence of corruption. If Hunter's emails are enough to tie to Biden, then these trade-marks are enough to tie to Trump. However, I do not recall you banging that "corruption" drum like you are with Hunter. That tells me that this is about politics/tribalism/"my team wins" than it is about corruption.

In short, don't come here and claim you are fighting corruption, when you buried you head in the sand when your side did it.
    Fighting corruption? Lol. Not quite. The reason why I've focused on this story so much is because the Democrats, Big Tech, the CIA, and former intelligence agents worked together to censor/supress/discredit/call Russian disinformation(when they knew it was a lie) to help Biden get elected. That a huge political scandal that many people paper over as nothing.

What about the Steele dossier which was never verified, was used by the FBI to spy on the Trump campaign, and supposedly gave credibility to the Trump Russia collusion narrative for years?

The Democrats, the media and some in the FBI had no problem taking that at face value. Hell, Comey purposely put the Steele Dossier in an intelligence briefing to Trump so the media would have the hook to report on it.

It's unbelievable that the attention and credibility that was given to the BS Steele Dossier for years and now that parts of Hunter's laptop has been verified by multiple sources(some of those sources called it Russia disinformation to help Joe get elected) that all of the sudden yall have some skepticism. It's an amazing turn of events
    You are missing my point. Everyone is taking these things at face value if it favors their team. You are doing it here, but all you want to do is say is, "but they did it." Was it bad when they did it? Okay, then it is BAD WHEN YOU DO IT.

You keep harping on a few emails that have been verified, but completely ignore the rest of the hard drive that cannot be verified and had things added to it after it was supposedly copied at first. The emails don't get to where you want them to get. Hunter is a grifter. We all knew that going in. Biden isn't going to be removed from office, not because of corruption, but because the emails are not evidence of Joe Biden being corrupt.

Fighting corruption? Lol. Not quite. The reason why I've focused on this story so much is because the Democrats, Big Tech, the CIA, and former intelligence agents worked together to censor/supress/discredit/call Russian disinformation(when they knew it was a lie) to help Biden get elected. That a huge political scandal that many people paper over as nothing.
    "It was bad when they did it, so I am going to do the same." You are outing yourself.

"It was bad when they did it, so I am going to do the same." You are outing yourself.
    Translation: you don't care about The Democrats, Big Tech, the media, the CIA collaborating to suppress a story that helped Joe Biden get elected because Trump lost.

Translation: you don't care about The Democrats, Big Tech, the media, the CIA collaborating to suppress a story that helped Joe Biden get elected because Trump lost.
    Considering the fact that had Trump won I'd probably be in gulag right now? I can probably live with it, yeah...

These petty corruption stories pale in comparison to Trump's insanity, January 6th, and the GOP's current push to cast doubt on elections. And you know it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom