Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

Oh, Ive shown I can do that.

Usually, on MAP and SR, quite a bit of the issues we discuss aren't easy, "cookie-cutter" 1-2 paragraph explanations. Many of them require nuance, specific context, and maybe lengthier explanations. I'd rather give a long explanation regarding a complicated subject or series of issues then give some short, over-simplistic response that's dumbed-down. I hate dumbed-down responses that put me at risk of sounding stupid or uninformed then "walls of nonsensical text".

If all you feel I've ever written on SR or MAP was or is nonsensical wall of text thats gibberish, that's more of a reflection on you because you've never liked me and tried making it personal to me in the past. There's been many more MAP or SR posters who have told me they've liked my posts or takes on things in threads, or if they didnt agree with me wholly, at least told me I made some decent points.

Were they all just telling me what I wanted to hear to make me feel better?

Look! You did it.

You used periods and formed coherent sentences. You didn't even engage in your typical 13 degrees of separation / random thought association.

And for what it's worth my comments have nothing to do with liking you or making it personal. It's more about the fact that I find it annoying that you so regularly use 3,000 words without making any point at all.

Why do you need someone here to make you feel better anyway?

Look! You did it.

You used periods and formed coherent sentences. You didn't even engage in your typical 13 degrees of separation / random thought association.

And for what it's worth my comments have nothing to do with liking you or making it personal. It's more about the fact that I find it annoying that you so regularly use 3,000 words without making any point at all.

Why do you need someone here to make you feel better anyway?
    Because sometimes, dtc, when one pours their heart and soul in something, they try to explain their particular viewpoint on a socio-political issue, historical subject in past threads on SR or here with Reb, if he were to commend me, or lets say Andrus, Dave, and say, "Hey, that was one hell of a good post, or a thoughtful, intelligent comment" I'd be on cloud nine, because I've made a genuine connection with somebody who probably knows more then I ever will.

I'll happily repeat it: I respect the hell out of posters like Rebsaint, Dave, Optimus, even you, dtc. If I can make a positive impression on you guys, and show yes, I can discuss the sensitive topics responsibly and prove I have what it takes to create meaningful connections. Connections mean I'm making a positive difference in this world and in that context, its never a bad thing to seek approval by people I haven't always liked but I've grown to respect immensely.

Took on the authoritarian right in Brazil but ignores it in the U.S.
    What party currently is pushing for censorship and deplatforming of views they don't like? Which party is parroting CIA/FBI propaganda? Be specific and please avoid the nonspecific claims you made previously.

What party has sworn complete fealty to one man who openly sought to and still openly seeks to comprise elections? As far as mandates, I'm opposed to them. But I'm not opposed to calling people who refuse to take vaccines or put up with trivial inconveniences like masks complete snowflakes and lunatics. Sadly politics > science and common sense these days. And that is what the majority of the GOP has devolved into. Pretty tragic. I don't have the luxury of voting for a third party because, apparently unlike you, I'm not willing to install an insane narcissist and threat to a republican form of government into office so long as I have my economic liberties and select social liberties (i.e., ones that don't run afoul of crazed evangelicals).

But we should really get your thread back on track to the serious problem of Hunter Biden. Maybe you can also make a thread about the Loch Ness Monster.

Last edited:
    Far from ethical concerns about Hunter Biden being debunked, the case for close scrutiny only grows stronger when viewed in the full context of the family’s story and in light of events that have unfolded since Election Day.

Far from ethical concerns about Hunter Biden being debunked, the case for close scrutiny only grows stronger when viewed in the full context of the family’s story and in light of events that have unfolded since Election Day.

Hunter is a scumbag.

I would be fine with them locking him up in the Whitehouse basement until Joe is retired.

Took on the authoritarian right in Brazil but ignores it in the U.S.

I can't argue with this. I get why he would personally hate the left when all the Snowden stuff went down in the Obama presidency. He has obviously let his prejudice cloud his judgement. That said, making an argument he isn't a journalist is moronic, and laughable.

I would also remind everyone that anyone in the news media making the argument Greenwald isn't a real journalist. A. Probably knew about Epstein. B. Never reported on it for over a decade. Billionaire pedophiles connected to the highest echelons of power isn't real news. Who are they to judge anyone?

GG is a lawyer by trade. He never trained as a journalist, from what I understand. He is trained to be an advocate, essentially. Lawyers advocate. He is always advocating. Anything that doesn’t fit his narrative gets buried or completely ignored. He has been twisting or ignoring facts to fit his narratives for years now. That’s why people don’t respect him as a “journalist”. IMO.

GG is a lawyer by trade. He never trained as a journalist, from what I understand. He is trained to be an advocate, essentially. Lawyers advocate. He is always advocating. Anything that doesn’t fit his narrative gets buried or completely ignored. He has been twisting or ignoring facts to fit his narratives for years now. That’s why people don’t respect him as a “journalist”. IMO.

What a weird form of gate keeping. You know who else has a law degree? Nicholas Kristof, does he qualify as a journalist? If not, WHO?

Nice straw man. I never said he doesn’t qualify as a journalist, he‘s obviously been plying that trade for years.

I was offering an observation about the difference in training between a journalist and a lawyer. Lawyers are trained to “slant” the facts to fit the narrative.

Nice straw man. I never said he doesn’t qualify as a journalist, he‘s obviously been plying that trade for years.

I was offering an observation about the difference in training between a journalist and a lawyer. Lawyers are trained to “slant” the facts to fit the narrative.

Is it a straw man?

No, Greenwald is among the worst, Brandon. He’s way off the charts as a political hack. He should be roundly ignored, and he generally is by most folks. He’s not a journalist by trade, he has zero journalism ethics.

I pointed out an award winning journalist with the same educational background, or as you put it training. If having a law degree makes you an ill fit for journalism you would think it would apply to others. It looked like educational gatekeeping to me.

As far as journalism, I would remind you why Edward Snowden used Greenwald over NYT. Their infamous delay in publishing the NSA wiretap story is what he cited for his reasoning.

I'm critical of the guy now, but if he is a hack. What are institutions like the NYT? Maybe I have a different idea of what journalism at it's highest ideals should be about. The idea of the 5th estate, and speaking truth to power. He filled that role at one point in this country. There are very few people who ever do that at the national level. If that doesn't given you lifetime bonafides as a journalist, then what does? You don't have to agree with the guy, I don't most of the time. I do think he has at the very least earned our collective respect.

Last edited:
    I don’t respect someone who blatantly advances an agenda like he does. He is a total political hack right now, and it doesn’t matter what he used to do. I pointed out a possible reason why he doesn’t currently adhere to journalistic ethics, it has nothing to do with others with a similar background. That is whataboutism.

His current behavior calls into question his morals and ethics, IMO. So, sorry if that obviously chaps you. It is what it is. I wouldn’t defend anyone with his current track record. 🤷‍♀️

So...the NYT recently confirmed that the Hunter Biden laptop story was true.

People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity. Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.

In some of the emails, Mr. Biden displayed a familiarity with FARA, and a desire to avoid triggering it.

In one email to Mr. Archer in April 2014, Mr. Biden outlined his vision for working with Burisma. In the email, Hunter Biden indicated that the forthcoming announcement of a trip to Ukraine by Vice President Biden — who is referred to in the email as “my guy,” but not by name — should “be characterized as part of our advice and thinking — but what he will say and do is out of our hands.”

The announcement “could be a really good thing or it could end up creating too great an expectation. We need to temper expectations regarding that visit,” Hunter Biden wrote.

Vice President Biden traveled to Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, about a week after the email.

So, first thing - there is no laptop. There’s a story that a laptop was left, but AFAIK no laptop exists. Just some files and emails.

Secondly - what do you think is proven? It seems to me that Hunter specifically says he doesn’t know what “my guy” will say or do and that they shouldn’t act like they know anything either. For that matter, we don’t know 100% who “my guy” is.

This is the definition of nothing. Durham’s wasted a whole lot of time and taxpayer money for nothing.

So, first thing - there is no laptop. There’s a story that a laptop was left, but AFAIK no laptop exists. Just some files and emails.

Secondly - what do you think is proven? It seems to me that Hunter specifically says he doesn’t know what “my guy” will say or do and that they shouldn’t act like they know anything either. For that matter, we don’t know 100% who “my guy” is.

This is the definition of nothing. Durham’s wasted a whole lot of time and taxpayer money for nothing.
    There's no laptop? What laptop did the NYTs reference?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom