CNN: Federal criminal investigation into Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings in China (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >

SaintForLife

Reaction score
Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

DJ1BigTymer

Yo! We got some hats now...
Reaction score

UncleTrvlingJim

Reaction score
UncleTrvlingJim
I really don't know why you have to ask this question. Our country has been run by big money for many years and it's only getting worse. We see the corruption in the politicians all the time.Not only in our country but all over the world. For a very long time maybe always Presidents have made campaign promises that they never plan to keep. They take bribes to get into the white house and call it campaign funds.The media and the rich people want to keep getting richer so they spin tales that are untrue to keep on the good side of other money people. It will only get worse. It's called Greed.
I voted for Trump even though he is corrupt. They all are.I'm feel I'm just choosing the less of two evil's. He is corrupt but doesn't have China and all the big power behind him. Biden is corrupt but he has all the power people behind him. I think The Biden dealings with China alone would say me from voting for him.
So, there are a couple of things that I want to dissect with this, and it's going to be a bit jumbled, because I don't want to completely take away from the point of Hunter Biden, since that is the main topic of this thread. But basically, whenever I hear someone voted for Trump because of concerns of corruption, or defends Trump but also goes hard after Biden/Clinton over corruption, my initial thought is I don't really believe they actually care about corruption.

To me it defies belief that someone would look at Trump and Biden in terms of corruption/vulnerability to corruption and figure that Trump comes out on top in that comparison. And I'll provide my reasoning.

We've built up a set of best practices over the years to help make sure a politician avoids a conflict of interest and to help us believe that they are pursuing policies that benefit the country first and themselves second. Those practices include, releasing your tax information, putting your money in a blind trust, avoiding nepotism. Trump does not adhere to any of those practices. He has not released his taxes, he still owns all his business that are subject to international influence, he puts his children and their spouses in positions of public trust. So, while those norms and traditions are not perfect and won't guarantee that there is never any corruption, it's a good place to start, and Trump would not even adhere to those - and Biden has in the past and says he will continue to do so.

I think we should agree, that priority to rooting out corruption should be given to those currently in power. Ie, we should be more worried about those who might be abusing power right now than those we fear might abuse power in the future. Yet during the Trump years, we heard nothing from those who supposedly cared about corruption from Clinton or Biden. We heard nothing when the Kushner's were negotiating a loan from Qatar at the same time the Trump administration was supporting a Saudi blockade of Qatar - which coincidentally eased after the Kushner's received a loan from a Qatari backed company. We heard nothing when Ivanka got trademarks from China while her father was negotiating trade agreements with China. We heard nothing about Trump's property and financial interests when Trump pulls out of Syria to Turkey's benefit. We've heard nothing about Trump's financial obligations to foreign lenders. Nothing.

So forgive me if I don't believe you actually care about corruption.

And it sucks, because the nominal issue is actually worth discussing. Having a son who has financial interests tied up with foreign investors is a vulnerability. But it's also not illegal. So, it's hard to have a discussion with people who turned a blind eye to Trump's norm breaking on financial entanglements, because I don't believe they really care about the issue. Their chance to show their commitment to the issue was WHILE TRUMP IS PRESIDENT. Not after. During. They had a chance to say "We support his policies, but this is an important issue, and corruption is more important to deal with than a tax cut or whatever, so we're going to put pressure on our own guy - to get him to commit to the norms and standards we have - or even to strengthen them." But they didn't.

So, now it's the Democrats turn to show if they care about the issue. What rules are they going to put in place. We're pretty sure that Hunter won't be joining the administration. So that's one benefit. Hunter himself has said that he would not have any foreign business dealings while his dad is president - so we can watch to see if that holds true (the Trump sons said the same thing, but did not stick to it). We know what debts Joe Biden has (none right now). He doesn't own any businesses and he has promised to put his assets into a blind trust - and we can watch to verify if he keeps that promise.

The Democrats are certainly not paragons of virtue on this issue - but whenever something comes to light that we don't like, they've shown that they can be shamed into conforming to more traditional norms of avoid conflict of interest. Is that as good as avoiding it in the first place - of course. But I'll take that all day over someone who basically says "fork off" when criticized on the same issue.

UncleTrvlingJim

Reaction score
I've forgot to point out - that whenever the Burisma/Ukraine/Hunter thing was brought up by a Republican. I would say that I understand the concern, and would right now support a policy that forbid's high level political leaders and their immediate family from having financial dealings with foreign governments and businesses.

And I was met with crickets. Because Trump and his family have direct financial commitments and businesses with foreign governments. That told me all I need to know - they don't actually care about the issue.

Saintamaniac

Rise Sons of the Gold & Purple
Reaction score
And I was met with crickets. Because Trump and his family have direct financial commitments and businesses with foreign governments. That told me all I need to know - they don't actually care about the issue.
Oh they care about the issue. They just only care about the issue as it applies to Democrats. Republicans actually believe that they can do no wrong. When was the last time that a Republican held a Republican accountable for ANYTHING without the other side having to demonstrate the rank hypocrisy being demonstrated by Republicans?

"The rules are for thee and not for me" is the overarching political belief system of the Republicans. It is what enables one to come here with a straight face and admit Trump's corruption and ignore the mountain of REAL evidence of said corruption and then proceed to completely make up allegations of corruption by Joe Biden and democrats.

FullMonte

Reaction score
I don't know, this is fracking hilarious as well:
I am 100% certain he felt exactly the same way about Loretta Lynch keeping the investigation into Trump's campaign for coordinating with a hostile government secret as he does about Barr keeping the investigation into Joe Biden's son for financial crimes secret.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom