Capitol Riot arrests (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

I'd agree; it was clearly insurrection, just as some of the riots in the summer where.
    When you have nothing else, fall back on "Whataboutism". That's all this has been. No defense for the actions being discussed so "they did it too"

When you have nothing else, fall back on "Whataboutism". That's all this has been. No defense for the actions being discussed so "they did it too"
    Actually, no Saintamaniac.
    You have to understand that my entire position in this thread is my disgust with the response of (most of) the US mainstream media. From my side of the pond, it appears that they gave the "BLM" rioters a free pass, but went absolutely hysterical over the occupation of the Capitol building.

What about the protester that was shot ? According the the video clip I saw, she broke the window down in a door. A security guard (in plain clothes ?? ) walked up on the other side of the door, shot her in the head - killing her instantly - then retreated.

If a black man had been shot like that by a policeman in Portland, there would have been (was) mass riots, looting, and arson. In fact, there WHERE mass riots, looting and arson.

But what happened here ? Are ANY of the media asking about the new "shoot to kill" policy ? Has there been ANY significant investigation by the Guardians of Democracy ?

Folks, your media is letting you down BIG time.

What about the protester that was shot ? According the the video clip I saw, she broke the window down in a door. A security guard (in plain clothes ?? ) walked up on the other side of the door, shot her in the head - killing her instantly - then retreated.
    He had his gun pulled and pointed for a long time telling them to get back. A mob was trying to break through the doors. They broke the glass and she started climbing through. It wasn't as if he pulled the gun out of nowhere and shot. Be honest with what happened.

He had his gun pulled and pointed for a long time telling them to get back. A mob was trying to break through the doors. They broke the glass and she started climbing through. It wasn't as if he pulled the gun out of nowhere and shot. Be honest with what happened.
    When has honesty ever got in the way of a cool story that reinforces your false beliefs?

You have to understand that my entire position in this thread is my disgust with the response of (most of) the US mainstream media. From my side of the pond, it appears that they gave the "BLM" rioters a free pass, but went absolutely hysterical over the occupation of the Capitol building.

If a black man had been shot like that by a policeman in Portland, there would have been (was) mass riots, looting, and arson. In fact, there WHERE mass riots, looting and arson.

But what happened here ? Are ANY of the media asking about the new "shoot to kill" policy ? Has there been ANY significant investigation by the Guardians of Democracy ?

All of that is exactly”whataboutism “

It only appears that way from your side of the pond because that's how you want it to appear to you.

BLM was out protesting the police and the unchecked power of "I was afraid for my life" as a reason for escaping punishment for outright murder in some cases. BLM protestors didn't go to the capital of our democracy, knock down barricades meant to keep protestors out, beat a police office to death with one of them using an American flag to do so, barge into our capital with the intent to detain or execute elected government officials or threaten the life of the vice president.

So no, I reject your whataboutism pertaining to the BLM protests compared to the attempted insurrection and murder of police officers by white nationalist trump supporters. Furthermore, your insistence on comparing protests in cities across my country against unchecked police brutality and systemic racism to a terrorist attack on my country's seat of government led by and encourage by the sociopathic Putin loving liar that held the title of president, demonstrates to me that you care more about how the media has correctly labeled what transpired on January 6, 2021 than the fact that it happened at all.

It's almost seems that if the BLM protests had been incorrectly called an insurrection by the news media that covered them, you wouldn't have an argument at all. In America, protesting sanctioned government murder and attempting to execute government officials and installing an unelected criminal as president are looked at differently and not seen as being equal in any sense. I'm not familiar with how the UK sees those things.

I would LOVE to see the video he is talking about....the video that shows a plain clothe Walmart style security guard walk up to a door, put his gun to the "protestor" head and pull the trigger then casually retreat.

Again, when you don't have the truth or facts, make up your own to fit your argument. Here's the video in question so that Roof can compare it to the video he saw

@Roofgardener- I will give you a PASS for not knowing a thing about Portland since you are from the only world power to be brought it it’s knees by its own colony, and not from Great US of A. - The colony that you were embarrassed by on the world stage

That being said, I live in Portland, and my wife was part of the Wall of Moms. I am here to help you with the actual events so you can argue from a place of fact not FEELING.

A police station was lit on fire. Correct.

A police station was burned down. Incorrect. They burnt an awning. The kid (18 yo) who PLEAD guilty to setting a fire AT police station not TO a police station was not a BLM member or related to any group. Just some kid. Oh and he spent 45 days in jail. Hardly the sentence FOR arson of a police station.

Regarding mass riots, looting and arson- None of that ever happened. In fact, in the attached article regarding the kid that set that fire, it says he is the first felony charged all summer. The article is from the end August.

All summer the protests w(no h)ere not peaceful but also nonviolent. The violence was protestors being gassed by feds and Blackwater with expired tear gas. Over 100 nights. 1 felony charge.

C'mon mods, this is the trolliest post I've seen yet from this "membere".

If a black man had been shot in Portland? WTF? Instead of that obvious false equivalency, if a group of radical black terrorists had attempted to storm the capital and tried to overturn the results of an election does anyone honestly think there would not have been multiple shootings of said terrorists....protestors? that is rich....

What media exactly are you paying attention to? I read the BBC a lot and think it's quite fair and pretty similar to NPR and other neutral media in the U.S.. I can't really comment if you don't know the difference between biased and unbiased media.

What media exactly are you paying attention to? I read the BBC a lot and think it's quite fair and pretty similar to NPR and other neutral media in the U.S.. I can't really comment if you don't know the difference between biased and unbiased media.
    Not sure it’s still the case but I remember reading about 1/2 of British press is Murdoch owned

I have no idea what media sources you follow, but I take in a wide variety from the Washington Post, New York Times, Vox, Atlantic Monthly, Politico, Axios, The New Yorker, the American Interest (when it was still publishing) and the Guardian to the National Review, Breitbart and even (I say queasily) the Daily Caller (when I can stomach it), plus a slew of good podcasts and radio shows - though no Fox and no talk radio. I think that most sources hyped the violence of BLM protests, giving the erroneous impression that most were violent. The vast majority saw no violence and no property destruction. See this link for corroborating data: https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/de...violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

She did not break the window. She was trying to get through into the House Chamber. Big, big difference. The security guard was behind the door, in plain view through the glass, with his gun drawn and pointed, before Ashli Babbitt went through, and she stupidly did.

As others have said, false equivalency. I don't understand your point. Ashli Babbitt was shot in response to and during a mass riot/ looting event. How would that have played out in the House of Commons, do you think?

What new "shoot to kill policy" are you referring to? Investigation of what? Ashli Babbitt's death? Yes, certainly. I have seen it discussed plenty. How is our media letting us down?

I have no idea what media sources you follow, but I take in a wide variety from the Washington Post, New York Times, Vox, Atlantic Monthly, Politico, Axios, The New Yorker, the American Interest (when it was still publishing) and the Guardian to the National Review, Breitbart and even (I say queasily) the Daily Caller (when I can stomach it), plus a slew of good podcasts and radio shows - though no Fox and no talk radio. I think that most sources hyped the violence of BLM protests, giving the erroneous impression that most were violent. The vast majority saw no violence and no property destruction. See this link for corroborating data: https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/de...violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

She did not break the window. She was trying to get through into the House Chamber. Big, big difference. The security guard was behind the door, in plain view through the glass, with his gun drawn and pointed, before Ashli Babbitt went through, and she stupidly did.

As others have said, false equivalency. I don't understand your point. Ashli Babbitt was shot in response to and during a mass riot/ looting event. How would that have played out in the House of Commons, do you think?

What new "shoot to kill policy" are you referring to? Investigation of what? Ashli Babbitt's death? Yes, certainly. I have seen it discussed plenty. How is our media letting us down?
    Also to add context they were outside the senate chambers. (Maybe the house). At that point anyone going into the rooms where senators or representatives are located during a violent assault on the capitol, shoot first is the directive.

It appears that someone’s choice of media is failing them, but it doesn’t appear to be the mainstream US media. 😁

It appears that someone’s choice of media is failing them, but it doesn’t appear to be the mainstream US media. 😁

I have found the Guardian to be informative to the point where I have supported them financially.

I have found the Guardian to be informative to the point where I have supported them financially.
    I've read articles linked to their site, but had never just visited their site, so I decided to check them out. I'm not sure what their beef is with Facebook, but it seems every 5th article is about Facebook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom