Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

Interesting.
    So if they are initially charged with.. dunno.. entering a government building, can they then SUBSEQUENTLY be charged with Insurrection, or would that be a kind of 'double jeopardy' with overlapping charges and evidence ?

Guys, it is clear that trolls don't understand the concept of (legitimate) multiple charges and criminal/civil case timelines....this one has to be quite fattened by now....

Roofgardener, I'm sure you've answed this earlier in the thread, but remind us.
    why is it important to you that these losers are NOT charged with insurrection?
    Do you think they did not go into the capitol with any other purpose than to stop the counting of the electoral college votes? had they made it inside before it was evacuated, do you believe they had peaceful intentions with members of Congress/Senate?

Here are more conspiracy indictments..
    Roof, I'm sure you don't like seeing these kind of charges being brought up on these insurrectionists, but it's getting worse and worse for them as time goes on.
    9 Oath Keepers indicted for conspiracy, including 7 members of the tactical "stack" seen entering Capitol in combat gear

I listened to a podcast called “Sisters in Law” last night where they discussed the charges being brought. Joyce Vance (I think) was of the opinion that the conspiracy charges being brought will be easier to get a conviction for than insurrection, and have similar sentences. She thinks it’s a smart move by the Feds to use these conspiracy charges.

I think the actual charge is conspiracy to corruptly obstruct, influence or impede an official government proceeding.

I listened to a podcast called “Sisters in Law” last night where they discussed the charges being brought. Joyce Vance (I think) was of the opinion that the conspiracy charges being brought will be easier to get a conviction for than insurrection, and have similar sentences. She thinks it’s a smart move by the Feds to use these conspiracy charges.

I think the actual charge is conspiracy to corruptly obstruct, influence or impede an official government proceeding.

Yeah, I don't care what they call it as long as the charges stick and those idiots see the inside of a jail cell for a few years.

and guys like Roof will say "see, I told you it wasn't an insurrection!" lol.
    which will be like celebrating a manslaughter conviction and getting 30 years instead of getting second degree murder..

Roofgardener, I'm sure you've answed this earlier in the thread, but remind us.
    why is it important to you that these losers are NOT charged with insurrection?
    Do you think they did not go into the capitol with any other purpose than to stop the counting of the electoral college votes? had they made it inside before it was evacuated, do you believe they had peaceful intentions with members of Congress/Senate?
    It's mostly a reaction to the loud braying of "insurrection" by the media. Ok then.. if it WAS insurrection, lets see some criminal charges ?

they are right, it was insurrection. whether it's loud braying by some media or blaming antifa by some media is irrelevant..
    in your opinion, what was their propose of storming the capital?

they are right, it was insurrection. whether it's loud braying by some media or blaming antifa by some media is irrelevant..

Well, you see, a bunch of Qanon moms had spent quarantine handcrafting tapestries, flags, paintings, embroideries, etc of their beloved VP, Mike Pence.
    The assembled crowd, mostly comprised of their basement-dwelling sons had brought these love offerings from all over the nation to present them to Donald Trump in hopes he'd hand them over to Mr. Pence.
    Alas, Don inexplicably turned on his own Vice President that day.
    So, in an overabundance of admiration, desiring to show their utmost respect, these proud pro-Pence patriots decided to take matters into their own hands. If Trump wouldn't display these fine objets d'art in the White House, they'd by-God see to it they were seen by the subject himself, so they peacefully perambulated on down to where they knew Pence would be that day; the Capitol building.
    Our diehard lads and ladies weren't going to be deterred by a few puny Pence prohibitive pigs, no sirree! They smashed on in there and shouted their intentions to erect a shrine to their favorite veep.
    It's not their fault everybody misunderstood what "Hang Mike Pence!" meant.

Last edited:
    I'd agree; it was clearly insurrection, just as some of the riots in the summer where. But despite all this screaming of insurrection, the prosecutors seem - thus far - to be very loath to actually CHARGE anybody with it.

Various posters have pointed out that the Police/FBI will tend to initially arrest on 'easy' charges, and once people are arrested, can then build more complex cases and add additional charges later. Well, I guess that makes sense. But that suggests that THEY have some doubts about their ability to successfully prosecute anyone for Insurrection. If it was THAT obvious that insurrection was at play (as the Media and many Senators seem to think, especially when the cameras are running), then I would have thought the FBI/Police would have struck by now ?

If - on the other hand - the FBI/Police do NOT ultimately charge anyone with insurrection, then - legally - it was NOT insurrection. So what was it ?

Well, we shall see.

I'd agree; it was clearly insurrection, just as some of the riots in the summer where. But despite all this screaming of insurrection, the prosecutors seem - thus far - to be very loath to actually CHARGE anybody with it.

Repeating this still does not make it correct by any definition of insurrection

Repeating this still does not make it correct by any definition of insurrection
    The Portland rioters burned down a police station. How is that NOT insurrection ?
    Insurrection: noun: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

The protestors in Seattle created the 'autonomous zone', suspending all laws and governance. How is that not insurrection ?

Granted, not ALL of the riots and looting can be described as insurrections, but some could.

Mind you, nobody was actually charged with insurrection, so I guess you are correct ? They where NOT insurrections.

The Portland rioters burned down a police station. How is that NOT insurrection ?
    Insurrection: noun: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

The protestors in Seattle created the 'autonomous zone', suspending all laws and governance. How is that not insurrection ?

Granted, not ALL of the riots and looting can be described as insurrections, but some could.

Mind you, nobody was actually charged with insurrection, so I guess you are correct ? They where NOT insurrections.
    A protest against police abuse (protected speech/assembly)
    This was met with an attempt at suppression of that speech
    Protesters defended themselves

I’m not sure that’s equivalent to trying to
    stop the recognition of a democratic election

The difference is in the purpose. As others have asked you multiple times. What was the purpose of the attack on the Capitol? To overthrow or change the outcome of a leagal election. I know you are smart enough to see that even though you keep comparing it to the BLM demonstrations and riots.

A protest against police abuse (protected speech/assembly)
    This was met with an attempt at suppression of that speech
    Protesters defended themselves

I’m not sure that’s equivalent to trying to
    stop the recognition of a democratic election
    The difference is in the purpose. As others have asked you multiple times. What was the purpose of the attack on the Capitol? To overthrow or change the outcome of a leagal election. I know you are smart enough to see that even though you keep comparing it to the BLM demonstrations and riots.
    Ah right. Sooooooo.....
    Burning down a police station = Righteous Peaceful - but fiery - Protest.
    Invading the Capital building = Right-wing White Nationalist Racist Homophobic Islamophobic anti-Transgender mis-gendering attempt to subvert democracy and install dictatorship ?

< makes notes > .. thanks for that. I'll try not to confuse them in the future :)

Ah right. Sooooooo.....
    Invading the Capital building = Right-wing White Nationalist Racist Homophobic Islamophobic anti-Transgender mis-gendering attempt to subvert democracy and install dictatorship ?

< makes notes > .. thanks for that. I'll try not to confuse them in the future :)

Except that is not what was said :) You are making some statements that are far from the truth....

Burning down police station. Riot yes, but purpose was protesting
    Attacking the Capitol: Attempting to overthrow or change the result of a leagal election.

Ah right. Sooooooo.....

Could you at least try please?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom