Biden Tracker (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-business-5dc338627748f7c75ba7e9a040a894d7

I am not sure how you can have a job report this far off. This administration sure has its pulse on the nation.

One talking head on CNN actually said one of the reasons is because people don't want to come back to work because of fear of 'being assaulted for asking a customer to wear a mask'. Yeah. I can see that. Come on man!

Yeah, the fear comment was nonsense. The part about kids not in school makes some sense, but a lot of schools have opened back up at least partially. So kids not being in school is a fairly small slice of the population. There's really not a lot of reasons not to be looking for work again right now.

Let's face it, people aren't returning to work in large part because they don't really have to. The only way that happens is if they find a job getting paid significantly more, or they lose their benefits and be forced to go back to work making what they made when they left.

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-business-5dc338627748f7c75ba7e9a040a894d7

I am not sure how you can have a job report this far off. This administration sure has its pulse on the nation.

One talking head on CNN actually said one of the reasons is because people don't want to come back to work because of fear of 'being assaulted for asking a customer to wear a mask'. Yeah. I can see that. Come on man!
    As someone who is in charge of a building that is under a mask mandate while the rest of my state is not, I can assure you that the worst part of my job right now is dealing with people who don’t want to wear masks.

Yeah, the fear comment was nonsense. The part about kids not in school makes some sense, but a lot of schools have opened back up at least partially. So kids not being in school is a fairly small slice of the population. There's really not a lot of reasons not to be looking for work again right now.

Let's face it, people aren't returning to work in large part because they don't really have to. The only way that happens is if they find a job getting paid significantly more, or they lose their benefits and be forced to go back to work making what they made when they left.

The only employers really struggling to find workers are low paying minimum wage jobs. While I haven't really looked for any empirical evidence, I tend to think most of those people are/have been actually looking for better employment opportunities, not just being lazy at home (as describedby the right). In other words, they're doing exactly what they're always being told they should be doing to better their lives.

Is it really a surprise that the last jobs go be filled in recovering economy are low wage jobs that don't pay a living wage without any benefits that will lay you off at the drop of a hat? They know those expanded unemployment benefits won't last and want better. I don't blame them.

If those employers paid better and had benefits, they wouldn't be struggling to find employees.

The only employers really struggling to find workers are low paying minimum wage jobs. While I haven't really looked for any empirical evidence, I tend to think most of those people are/have been actually looking for better employment opportunities, not just being lazy at home (as describedby the right). In other words, they're doing exactly what they're always being told they should be doing to better their lives.

Is it really a surprise that the last jobs go be filled in recovering economy are low wage jobs that don't pay a living wage without any benefits that will lay you off at the drop of a hat? They know those expanded unemployment benefits won't last and want better. I don't blame them.

If those employers paid better and had benefits, they wouldn't be struggling to find employees.

I don't disagree with what you said, but I think my points still stand. Nothing I said contradicts that. So no, I'm not surprised in the least. It's going about how most would expect it to. Eventually, the unemployment benefits are going to stop and the ones who still haven't found work, or haven't been looking will be the ones who fill out the least desirable positions.

As someone who is in charge of a building that is under a mask mandate while the rest of my state is not, I can assure you that the worst part of my job right now is dealing with people who don’t want to wear masks.

While I sympathize, and I would hate having to deal with that, just how widespread is that? I think it would depend a good bit on where you are, but that's certainly not the case across the board.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...posed-ban-would-outlaw-most-rifles-in-america

Hadn't this been the main problem for so long? The simples that want to regulate guns, don't really know anything about guns. It is always a good look to have an activist as a head of a federal agency. What could go wrong?

The less Democrats touch gun control, the better. It's nothing but a tar baby for them.
    They'd be better off addressing firearm capabilities.
    I'd suggest banning any device that allows a fire rate greater than X. If you train enough that you can approximate full-auto with only your finger, good on ya, but you're not allowed to fake it with a bump stock or any other add-on.

The less Democrats touch gun control, the better. It's nothing but a tar baby for them.
    They'd be better off addressing firearm capabilities.
    I'd suggest banning any device that allows a fire rate greater than X. If you train enough that you can approximate full-auto with only your finger, good on ya, but you're not allowed to fake it with a bump stock or any other add-on.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the gun culture, and certainly not the NRA, but the gun control topic is an absolute loser politically. The Democrats have probably lost more elections due to this than any other single issue. I agree control around the margins is probably the best approach rather than being overall anti-gun rights.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the gun culture, and certainly not the NRA, but the gun control topic is an absolute loser politically. The Democrats have probably lost more elections due to this than any other single issue. I agree control around the margins is probably the best approach rather than being overall anti-gun rights.
    I'd argue it's abortion, but that's another convo.
    I think the "got ya" from the legislative side is how well "common sense measures" poll. Don't ask me to define what "common sense measures" are polled though heh

Last edited:
    I'd argue it's abortion, but that's another convo.
    I think the "got ya" from the legislative side is how well "common sense measures" poll. Don't ask me to define what "common sense measures" that are polled though heh

Possibly, I don't really know for sure which has been more problematic for Democrats. Would be interesting to see a good side by side comparison. Maybe it varies from state to state.

Possibly, I don't really know for sure which has been more problematic for Democrats. Would be interesting to see a good side by side comparison. Maybe it varies from state to state.
    I think it would vary state by state and probably region by region as well.

I'm just waiting for all of the guns to bring us the safety and security the Right keeps promising. If all of these responsible owners have a plethora of powerful guns to choose from and super easy access, why the explosion in mass murders and gun violence?

We all know that the only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun. Are only bad people getting the guns? And if so, why are we selling legal guns to bad people?

Last edited:
    You think the 2A should be done away with?

Yes.

I don't think that all guns should be banned, but i think the second amendment needs to be scrapped.

I'm not going to debate you on using your arms to fight against tyranny. I think it is precious that people still feel that way though.

Yes.

I don't think that all guns should be banned, but i think the second amendment needs to be scrapped.

I'm not going to debate you on using your arms to fight against tyranny. I think it is precious that people still feel that way though.

If I want to use a gun to hunt, or target practice at the range, I want to be able to do that. If you can scrap the 2A and still keep in place that people can do that, I'm open to it. Otherwise, no.

If I want to use a gun to hunt, or target practice at the range, I want to be able to do that. If you can scrap the 2A and still keep in place that people can do that, I'm open to it. Otherwise, no.

My problem with the second amendment is that it is used to prevent almost any meaningful efforts to limit firearms.

If that is what prevents us from trying to do anything useful about gun violence, then we have to start by tearing it up and starting over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom