Biden Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Biden purposely set a low bar so it would be easy to hit. Not a big deal, but Biden acting like his goal was ambitious is laughable.

President Joe Biden this week boasted on Twitter about his promise to administer 100 million vaccine doses in his first 100 days in office, “With the progress we’re making I believe we’ll not only reach that, we’ll break it.” But as some critics have noted, it was a pretty low bar to begin with.

On the day Biden was inaugurated, the U.S. administered nearly 1.5 million shots, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID Data Tracker. On that day, the seven-day average for the previous week was about 966,000 shots a day. In other words, the U.S. was already virtually at the pace Biden set as his goal before he took any action as president.

By Biden’s second day in office, the seven-day average was at the 1 million doses per day average needed to meet his 100-day goal.

...The Biden administration is free to boast about its efforts to ramp up vaccinations, which experts have also praised. But Biden and Psaki are spinning the facts. Although the initial rollout was slow under Trump and many first viewed Biden’s goal as ambitious, vaccinations steadily increased each week, nearly reaching 1 million doses a day when Biden took office.

Well, he did reup it.

And, many did initially view his goal as quite ambitous, even though, as you're correctly stating, the math seems to bear out that we'd probably just barely hit that number with what was already going on. Of course, we've crushed that goal, so does it matter that the bar was low? It's going a lot faster than many thought. heck, many of us here had arguments about how fast the vaccine could be available for all adults. It's literally happening in a week or two in many states. That's good.

What's lost in all this, is that I was basically poking fun at the idea of this thread. Sure, Biden will have gaffes and the usual politician crap, but he's also waaaay more professional and clear sounding that Trump. Especially on Twitter. You know what he's saying, it's a clear message, and it's easy to amplify for positive things. Not just complaining.

Criticizing a President's policy or changes in the military is attacking military members?

Third time: what Biden policies or changes in the military were the subject of the criticism?

If you misspoke, just admit it.

Has Biden actually done ANYTHING to increase the rate of innoculation of the US public, or is he just maintaining the plans that he inherited from the Trump administration ? (well... that's assuming that Trump can take any credit for the innoculation program ? ).

We already know that Biden lied when he said that he didn't inherent any distribution/vaccination plans ?

Has Biden actually done ANYTHING to increase the rate of innoculation of the US public, or is he just maintaining the plans that he inherited from the Trump administration ? (well... that's assuming that Trump can take any credit for the innoculation program ? ).

We already know that Biden lied when he said that he didn't inherent any distribution/vaccination plans ?
    I thought someone already asked this and I replied, but I see it was a standalone post...

Fauci basically saying "well, it wasnt nothing" makes your statement technically true in a manner of speaking. But, I think it is fair to say it wasnt much of a plan. Again, the feds were just dumping vaccines of, no forecasts, so no planning and coordination could occur. There were pieces of a plan they used, but not a fully fleshed out one.

Having a plan and actually implementing a plan are two different things.

"We have a plan, it's a great plan. Nobody's following the plan, but it exists."

I thought someone already asked this and I replied, but I see it was a standalone post...

Fauci basically saying "well, it wasnt nothing" makes your statement technically true in a manner of speaking. But, I think it is fair to say it wasnt much of a plan. Again, the feds were just dumping vaccines of, no forecasts, so no planning and coordination could occur. There were pieces of a plan they used, but not a fully fleshed out one.
    The federal government asked the individual states to plan for distribution back in October. The rate of increase in vaccinations was steady since day 1.

The federal government asked the individual states to plan for distribution back in October. The rate of increase in vaccinations was steady since day 1.
    And the states were complaining that they weren't getting any information from the feds to be able to execute their distribution plans effectively.

Again, some of that is the natural growing pains of starting something new. We agree there. Some of it is just bad execution and poor detail planning. The feds can't control something, and then tell the states to do all the actual work, but leave them out of the needed information to actually plan.

I'm not totally sure you can say it's been steady, since early on, the government wasn't even reporting daily vaccinations. They were in batches. That muddies the data. But using the chart I gave, with that deficiency in the data, you're correct, the 7 day moving average seems to be linear.

Also, fundamentally, if nothing changed, would we have a linear growth rate, or would it be more logarithmic? (i.e. tapered off). I'd be curious what the daily state by state numbers look like. I'd imagine the 'normal' to compare to would be logarithmic, and that's why some states are pushing to expand eligibility to keep it going. Some might wait to see a drop off, and others may be trying to stay ahead of that. Florida seems to be one that expands a bit early (which I'm totally fine with).

Last edited:
    I do wonder if one part holding the vaccination rate back from really ramping up is that I think there is a general hesitance to get the J&J vaccine since it has a lower reported effectiveness. I think people are actively hunting for the Moderna and Pfizer one.

I haven't talked to a single person I know that wants the J&J shot.

I've only considered it for the kids, since their risk is so low, and that's likely what the country will push for them, because how many kids will come back for shot 2? I was scarred/scared for years after getting my Tetanus shot when I was a young kid.

I do wonder if one part holding the vaccination rate back from really ramping up is that I think there is a general hesitance to get the J&J vaccine since it has a lower reported effectiveness. I think people are actively hunting for the Moderna and Pfizer one.

I haven't talked to a single person I know that wants the J&J shot.

I've only considered it for the kids, since their risk is so low, and that's likely what the country will push for them, because how many kids will come back for shot 2? I was scarred/scared for years after getting my Tetanus shot when I was a young kid.

I'm actually waiting on the J&J shot. I'd rather have a one shot vaccine. Plus, I'm by no means an anti-vaxxer, but i'd rather just hold off on getting an MRNA vaccine if i have another option. I'm sure the MRNA vaccines are fine, but we don't know what we don't know, so i'll give it a couple of years to make sure the rest of you don't turn into zombies.

I'm actually waiting on the J&J shot. I'd rather have a one shot vaccine. Plus, I'm by no means an anti-vaxxer, but i'd rather just hold off on getting an MRNA vaccine if i have another option. I'm sure the MRNA vaccines are fine, but we don't know what we don't know, so i'll give it a couple of years to make sure the rest of you don't turn into zombies.
    I've heard a few people on SR and here state this. I just haven't heard it from anyone I work with or that I know personally. So, I wonder how the overall percentages work out in terms of what people want (if given a choice).

BTW, publix here now has both the JJ and Moderna as options. I think you can pick now, but I haven't really checked, since I don't need to right now.. until it's time for the kids. Which, the 19 yr old will be very soon (once he's back from college).

(Only because I remembered because it stuck out to me)
    Not quite. That post was in response to him saying there wouldn't be another spike. I was saying the there wouldn't be enough people vaccinated by April-May to prevent another Covid spike. Cases are increasing again:

I don't get the argument. I want to break down the numbers here.

So far Pfizer, and Moderna are saying they will have delivered a total of 220 million doses by the end of March. J&J is adding a total of 20 million. That's a total of 130 million Americans with vaccines manufactured. We know from polling that around 1/3 of all Americans say they probably won't get the vaccine. That's 60 million of the possible 200 million adults leaving a pool of 140 million willing vaccinated Americans.

Based on those numbers, I don't know why anyone is talking about delaying 1 dose. We don't even know what the upper range of daily vaccinated rate would be with unlimited supply, but hopefully we are about to find out. Based on the data that seems abundantly clear, the much bigger concern is the anti-vaxxers.

I also don't buy a second surge when the covid rates have plummeted 70% from their peak.
    SaintForLife said:
    Our studies have shown that if we keep up the current vaccine efforts we’re doing now, by the end of March we will still have 30 million out of 54 million persons in this country over age 65 who have not had a drop of vaccine. Those people are going to be at high risk for this virus. And I think it's going to take off in early to mid-March. And we're gonna see that next big peak, and it will very possibly exceed what we saw in January

Not quite. That post was in response to him saying there wouldn't be another spike. I was saying the there wouldn't be enough people vaccinated by April-May to prevent another Covid spike. Cases are increasing again:
    Your response there still seems to indicate that you thought there'd be more of a struggle than we've had to up the number of vaccinations per day from the point that we were at then.

Not sure. Again, not going to look. Not trying to be flippant, just don't have that kind of time to dig into everything.

It's not political. I bet most of those guys are Republicans. They just may not like Tucker. Or think his whole Feminine Army commentary was just bullshirt. Yeah, call the US military a bunch of wusses. They don't respond well to that.
    No need to look. It's never happened before. If any officers in the military criticized Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow while Trump was president the media and the left would go apeshirt.

I can see the headlines now:

"Trump’s history of attacking the media has infected the military"

Your response there still seems to indicate that you thought there'd be more of a struggle than we've had to up the number of vaccinations per day from the point that we were at then.
    Only in the context of preventing another Covid spike which is on the rise now.

Third time: what Biden policies or changes in the military were the subject of the criticism?

If you misspoke, just admit it.
    Third time? Please don't act like you are my parent because I didn't answer you question as quickly as you would like. I was responding to multiple people about multiple subjects.

I don't agree with what Tucker was saying, but I will admit I'm not sure if its safe for pregnant women to be in combat. Thats not something I know much about. Do you think it's safe for pregnant women to be in combat?

At that event, Biden said the military was undertaking “relatively straightforward work” to better reflect gender diversity within its ranks and retain female recruits, including “designing body armor that fits women properly, tailoring combat uniforms for women, creating maternity flight suits [and] updating requirements for their hairstyles.”

Carlson ridiculed Biden’s remarks the next night on his show. “So, we’ve got new hairstyles and maternity flight suits. Pregnant women are going to fight our wars. It’s a mockery of the U.S. military,” he said.

That appears to be a change right?

Biden is discussing possible changes, yes. Tucker, dip shirt that he is, acts like the changes have instantly taken effect and already caused this horrible drop in our ability to defend ourselves. Anything that is current military policy right now didn’t get enacted in the last 60 days and get spread throughout the military. Large organizations just do not change that rapidly. It’s just common sense. These changes were in motion before Biden became president, he’s just discussing the ongoing changes.

Do you think pregnant women are going into combat? Use some common sense about that as well. How many of our active duty troops do you think are in on-ground combat situations right now?

Tucker is just a complete butt hole; he only wants to rile you guys up. Even he doesn’t believe the tripe he says on his show, and when he was sued for lying on his show about somebody Fox argued {successfully} that any reasonable person wouldn’t believe what he says is true.

No need to look. It's never happened before. If any officers in the military criticized Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow while Trump was president the media and the left would go apeshirt.

I can see the headlines now:

"Trump’s history of attacking the media has infected the military"

I don’t think it’s common, but it has happened before. You just aren’t old enough to remember the Vietnam War.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom