Biden Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't find any other time when a member of the military in uniform and on a official Department of Defense platform who criticized someone specific in the media. I believe there were 4 different members of the military that criticized Tucker so it was clearly coordinated. Aren't officers in the military supposed to refrain from any activity in office capacity that could be seen as political?

How was his attack “political”? He’s not running for office, nor a representative of a political party that I’m aware of. What made response to his bashing of the military political?

Here’s a paper from a military officer who disagrees about there not being military criticism of the press.

“Journalists often are criticized and blamed for creating or exacerbating the conflicts they report. Similarly, criticism falls on military commanders who walk a narrow line of openness while protecting the lives of their soldiers and the secrecy needed for wartime operations.”

Military criticism of press coverage is a time honored tradition going back to the Civil War at least.

Here’s an article from the NYT in the Civil War era.

On one thread there are people downplaying the failed insurrection. This thread people defending conservative media members who attack our military men and women. Not the MIC mind you, the men and specifically women of our armed forces. Our troops.

What the fork happened to the Republican Party?!?

Maybe it is hard to find because nobody typically attacks our troops?

Seriously you’re defending a rich butt crevasse who hates our military.

Not only was he born rich, but the best he could do with all that privilege was become Tucker Carlson.

Defending a guy who never served and is fomenting dissent among the ranks for ratings is pathetic.

How was his attack “political”? He’s not running for office, nor a representative of a political party that I’m aware of. What made response to his bashing of the military political?
    Sergeant Major of the Army Michael A. Grinston went on Fox News competitor CNN to talk about it.

It's also interesting that the Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby criticized Tucker and he's a former CNN contributor.

Biden purposely set a low bar so it would be easy to hit. Not a big deal, but Biden acting like his goal was ambitious is laughable.

President Joe Biden this week boasted on Twitter about his promise to administer 100 million vaccine doses in his first 100 days in office, “With the progress we’re making I believe we’ll not only reach that, we’ll break it.” But as some critics have noted, it was a pretty low bar to begin with.

On the day Biden was inaugurated, the U.S. administered nearly 1.5 million shots, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID Data Tracker. On that day, the seven-day average for the previous week was about 966,000 shots a day. In other words, the U.S. was already virtually at the pace Biden set as his goal before he took any action as president.

By Biden’s second day in office, the seven-day average was at the 1 million doses per day average needed to meet his 100-day goal.

...The Biden administration is free to boast about its efforts to ramp up vaccinations, which experts have also praised. But Biden and Psaki are spinning the facts. Although the initial rollout was slow under Trump and many first viewed Biden’s goal as ambitious, vaccinations steadily increased each week, nearly reaching 1 million doses a day when Biden took office.

Biden has raised the goal to 200M in his first 100 days. Also, setting unrealistic goals and not reaching them is a great way to lose credibility early.

The announcement comes after Biden hit his goal of 100 million vaccinations in his first 100 days in office on Day 58. At the current pace of the vaccine rollout, which is averaging about 2.5 million doses per day, Biden would be set to slightly exceed his new goal.

I don't know, has an actual journalist ever attacked military members as Carlson did on his show? As for their response, it wasn't political, it was personal.
    Criticizing a President's policy or changes in the military is attacking military members?

Criticizing a President's policy or changes in the military is attacking military members?

Which Biden policies and/or changes were being criticized?

Also, yes, saying that the military is not fit or ready to carry out their duties is attacking the military. Saying they are too soft, or woke or whatever buzz word is the current alt right word of the day is attacking the military. Saying that our military is getting more feminine while saying that the Chinese military is getting more masculine wasn’t meant as a complement. It’s also exceedingly stupid and deserved every bit of criticism it got.

This argument is completely off the mark.

I already said it wasn't a big deal for him to set an easy goal that he knew he would meet. It is laughable to act like he exceeded expectations.
    Biden set that goal on Dec 8. At time it was viewed as ambitious. By Dec 23, the US had vaccinated only 1M people. Trump promised 20M vaccines by end of Dec. but by then only 11.45M vaccines were distributed and only 2.13M had gotten shots. Trump set a goal and failed to meet it. Biden set a goal and exceeded it. Instead of complaining about Biden’s boasting of success, how about speaking on Trump’s failure to deliver.

I already said it wasn't a big deal for him to set an easy goal that he knew he would meet. It is laughable to act like he exceeded expectations.

I mean if you go back and look through the coronavirus thread. It's clear the vaccine rollout exceeded your expectations. For some reason you couldn't gronk that increased vaccine supply meant increased daily vaccination rate.

Which Biden policies and/or changes were being criticized?

Also, yes, saying that the military is not fit or ready to carry out their duties is attacking the military. Saying they are too soft, or woke or whatever buzz word is the current alt right word of the day is attacking the military. Saying that our military is getting more feminine while saying that the Chinese military is getting more masculine wasn’t meant as a complement. It’s also exceedingly stupid and deserved every bit of criticism it got.

This argument is completely off the mark.
    I haven't defended what Tucker said about the military. I'm saying it's unprecedented for a military officer in an official capacity to criticize a specific person in the media.

Which specific policies enacted by Biden were being criticized, SFL?

Also, the criticism by the military of Carlson may be a bit unusual but not unprecedented. What he said was pretty much unprecedented though.

Well, he failed to address a specific policy of Biden's that got him all "upset" and specifically addressed his perceived shortfalls of specific military members. Those members and their leaders took his comments personally and they returned the favor. Again, has any other journalist or TV show host, for that matter, gone out of their way to attack military members the way Carlson did?

To be honest, the modern military only needs smart people. Anyone who believes that maternity flight suits, or racial awareness training is for pussies, isn’t smart people. They can kick rocks.

Soldiers who agree with Tucker should self-purge and not reenlist. We don’t need them.

I mean if you go back and look through the coronavirus thread. It's clear the vaccine rollout exceeded your expectations. For some reason you couldn't gronk that increased vaccine supply meant increased daily vaccination rate.
    When did I ever claim that the vaccination rate wouldn't increase with an increased supply? What I've been saying is there looks like there will be another spike before we get enough people vaccinated. Did you see that the cases are on the rise now?

When did I ever claim that the vaccination rate wouldn't increase with an increased supply? What I've been saying is there looks like there will be another spike before we get enough people vaccinated. Did you see that the cases are on the rise now?
    (Only because I remembered because it stuck out to me)
    This is ultimately where we differ, and our outlooks are so dissimilar. You think the daily vaccination rates won't really change with a massively projected supply increase. I do think the vaccination rates are going to increase dramatically with the increase of supply. We will see who is right over the next month.
    It's fine to disagree, but I'm basing my opinion on the experts and you seem to be basing your opinion strictly on increased vaccine supply. What makes you think we will have enough people to administer the vaccine at increasing levels when we are currently still struggling to meet what's needed?

I can't find any other time when a member of the military in uniform and on a official Department of Defense platform who criticized someone specific in the media. I believe there were 4 different members of the military that criticized Tucker so it was clearly coordinated. Aren't officers in the military supposed to refrain from any activity in office capacity that could be seen as political?
    Not sure. Again, not going to look. Not trying to be flippant, just don't have that kind of time to dig into everything.

It's not political. I bet most of those guys are Republicans. They just may not like Tucker. Or think his whole Feminine Army commentary was just bullshirt. Yeah, call the US military a bunch of wusses. They don't respond well to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom