Bernie’s health (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes. I was talking with a friend about this today. 2 Stints.. I think he is pretty much done as a candidate. the healthy issue would burn him in the general election. Democrats cannot get behind that and you will see a lot of backing fall behind Warren now.

It seems crazy that the combined age of Biden and Sanders is 156. Warren brings the average down and she is 70. Where is the youth of the party?

It seems crazy that the combined age of Biden and Sanders is 156. Warren brings the average down and she is 70. Where is the youth of the party?
    Mayor Pete, Tulsi Gabbard, and to a lesser degree Kamala Harris and Corey Booker.

I hope Bernie recovers well.

I also hope he drops out of the race.

I would support an upper age limit of 70 at inauguration.

I’m curious if Bernie is using Medicare or his cushy congressional insurance?

Thanks for all the well wishes,' he wrote. 'I'm feeling good. I'm fortunate to have good health care and great doctors and nurses helping me to recover. None of us know when a medical emergency might affect us. And no one should fear going bankrupt if it occurs. Medicare for All!'

Yes. I was talking with a friend about this today. 2 Stints.. I think he is pretty much done as a candidate. the healthy issue would burn him in the general election. Democrats cannot get behind that and you will see a lot of backing fall behind Warren now.

The dude just outraised everyone with 25.3 mil in 3 months. And vastly outnumbers any other candidate in middle class donors by state. Oh, and hes been traversing all across America with a partially blocked artery. Imagine what he will do now that he's back to full speed?

Sorry, but he isn't going anywhere.

The dude just outraised everyone with 25.3 mil in 3 months. And vastly outnumbers any other candidate in middle class donors by state. Oh, and hes been traversing all across America with a partially blocked artery. Imagine what he will do now that he's back to full speed?

Sorry, but he isn't going anywhere.

You really don’t think the failing health of a 76 year old man is concerning?

It’s definitely something to watch. We don’t really know any details like if there was damage done to the heart muscle before the stents were installed.

All polling in single digits.
    Buttigieg has a pulse in Iowa though. A strong showing there could be the breakout he needs to pull into the lead group. It will be an interesting caucus to say the least.

The youth of the Democratic party is so far left it scares away any rational
    he has a bad heart... we elect politicians without hearts all the time

Thump is the cowardly lion, Bernie can be the scarecrow.

Not that I am opposed, but he's not winning the nomination anyway.

Either he drops out and Warren runs away with it, or he sticks it out to the bitter end and likely cannibalizes the liberal wing vote and Biden wins the nomination.

The youth of the Democratic party is so far left it scares away any rational

Thump is the cowardly lion, Bernie can be the scarecrow.
    You're thinking AOC, I'm sure. But the younger ones running for President seem more moderate overall. At least in how they would implement things.

You really don’t think the failing health of a 76 year old man is concerning?

I think everyone has health concerns. People die much earlier in their lives all the time. They also live a lot longer than 79. You're the one who determined it "failing", not the actual doctors. Seems to me you want to label him as such?

Regardless, people pumping the 'he isn't physically fit' narrative don't have much room to talk when the current President they're hoping wins in 2020 is very clearly overweight and eats McDonald's most every day. The dude may not have a heart attack anytime soon, but he isn't helping his cause.

And where does mental fitness come into all of this while we're obsessing over a stent? Biden and Trump mix up their words and slur their thoughts, but 'old folks' like Bernie are still sharp as a tack. Why doesn't that get more coverage? II'd vote for someone with strong, pro-middle class policies on life support over Trump as would most folks who don't support him next year. Just saying.

Last edited:
    Not that I am opposed, but he's not winning the nomination anyway.

Either he drops out and Warren runs away with it, or he sticks it out to the bitter end and likely cannibalizes the liberal wing vote and Biden wins the nomination.

That's your opinion, but it's as meaningless at this point as saying "Trump isn't winning". We don't know that. He may or may not. The election is more than a year away. Anything could happen at this point.

As i've said, I think Biden, Warren and Sanders are far and away the finalists. We can argue polling all day, but Sanders has much more supporters by state than any candidate, and he's top 3 in every state. That alone should keep people from saying things like "he wont win it".

Why should Sanders drop out just because a few have decided at this point or in a few months that he shouldn't run because it 'might' split the left's vote? Let me give you a quick example of why people should vote for who they believe in, and not pass to another candidate 'because polls' or because this or that hypothetical:

In 2016, the big media outlets had Bernie losing Michigan by as much as 33 points to Clinton before that primary, and he won.

Sanders and Warren are different candidates. They have very different policies where it matters, and very different people who support him. Different crowds. You can make a prediction, but in actuality, there is no sensible justification for Bernie to drop out. Let the voters decide when it's time and we'll make a determination then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom