Article Barack Obama challenges 'woke' culture (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

V Chip

Truth Addict
    Reaction score

I think he hits on some important points: just calling out others is not activism. People have flaws.

"This idea of purity and you're never compromised and you're politically woke, and all that stuff -- you should get over that quickly. The world is messy. There are ambiguities. People who do really good stuff have flaws."

This was a double-hitter at the Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago.
    Barack challenged the "woke" culture.

Michelle challenged white flight in Chicago - "Y'all were running from us and you're still running."

Donald Jr. chipped in on Twitter to remind everybody that the Obamas are buying a 29 acre compound on Martha's Vinyard.

Did she also tell her story about visiting Target? If so, I wonder which version she told.

Did she also tell her story about visiting Target? If so, I wonder which version she told.
    Lame.

As for the OP, I agree with Obama on this one but I think that this "woke" mentality is not as widespread as it may seem. IMO, it is most prevalent in the "twitterverse" than it is in the real world. In the real world, I believe there are progressives that are as equally annoyed by this whole woke culture as there are conservatives.

It was worse than lame.

When she first told her story about visiting a Target she was tickled that a shorter elderly white woman did not recognize her as the First Lady and asked if she would help her with an item on a high shelf.

Later that she would use that same incident to portray herself as a victim of racism.

It was worse than lame.

When she first told her story about visiting a Target she was tickled that a shorter elderly white woman did not recognize her as the First Lady and asked if she would help her with an item on a high shelf.

Later that she would use that same incident to portray herself as a victim of racism.
    And what that has to do with anything that Obama is talking about? I mean, that is a sentiment that you should be echoing, but instead you take a swipe at his wife. Lame.

And what that has to do with anything that Obama is talking about? I mean, that is a sentiment that you should be echoing, but instead you take a swipe at his wife. Lame.

At the same conference Barry is cautioning against wokeness, she decided to tell a story about being a victim of racism. Her earlier shifting stories about her Target experience call into question whether she is a reliable historian on such issues.

This was a double-hitter at the Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago.
    Barack challenged the "woke" culture.

Michelle challenged white flight in Chicago - "Y'all were running from us and you're still running."

Donald Jr. chipped in on Twitter to remind everybody that the Obamas are buying a 29 acre compound on Martha's Vinyard.

Wait, Obama got wealthy after being president? I thought it was illegal to use the office for personal gain if you were a republican. Oh never mind.

To be clear, the Obamas hosted an Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago.
    They're raising funds for his future presidential library.
    Both of them spoke. It was a single event, which also featured other noted speakers.
    But, the media split it into two stories, one with Barack talking about "Woke" and one about Michelle and "White Flight."

The summit, which will feature celebrities and civil rights activists such as Ava DuVernay and singer Mavis Staples, will also serve as a platform to showcase the future Obama Presidential Center, which will be located on Chicago’s South Side.

Schultz also tweeted photos of Barack Obama viewing the latest 3D model of the presidential center

Along with a museum containing a replica of the Oval Office, the new facility will contain a rooftop garden in a nod to Michelle Obama’s White House garden, the foundation tweeted in a video. And in honor of the former president’s love of basketball, the center will build an athletic center complete with basketball courts.

“This is the place Michelle was born and raised. It’s where I got my start as a community organizer. It’s where we bought our first house, built our family and took the first steps on a journey that’s still taking shape today,” the former president said in the video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom