Student Loan Forgiveness (MERGED) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rumors floating around is that today President Biden will be canceling a portion of student loans. That’s fine and all, but what’s your take on it? If it truly is only $10k in forgiveness, is that enough to make much of an impact? Is student loan forgiveness just tax payer funded student loan bribery?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

So, I haven’t ever trolled you, yet you just trolled me. Maybe you did it unintentionally, I don’t know and don’t care. My post about Fox lies outlined about 5 or 6 famous lies they have pushed over the past decade. So your post saying “what lies” just after that comes across as a troll.

I’m open to hearing how it’s not a troll, though. 🤷‍♀️
    Is calling someone a troll on a drive by post not trolling? Doen't matter, you won't believe it anyway.

I never said they were bad personal finance decisions. In addition to social workers, lab tech isn't the most lucrative job, but without them, hospitals don't run a single test to diagnose patients.

And I don't see us ever getting to the point of agreeing on the worth of college degrees because you are on record as believing that public schools and colleges are worthless as a whole.
    Again, if they are paid so little, why require a degree that they can never pay off? That lies with the universities. Why is college so expensive? Fix the problem that is causing it and not make other pay off personal debt.

Public education and higher education is a must for any society, how they are currently being run in our society is why I consider them worthless. Change the ones running the show, and that might change. Until then, I will continue to urge everyone to take their kids out of the public school system and don't point kids straight to college without explaining how you neighbors are not responsible for your personal loans.

Ok, can you tell what he didn't do that the CDC recommended?

July, 2020:

A copy of the C.D.C. guidance obtained by The New York Times includes sections for child care programs, schools and day camps, churches and other “communities of faith,” employers with vulnerable workers, restaurants and bars, and mass transit administrators. The recommendations include using disposable dishes and utensils at restaurants, closing every other row of seats in buses and subways while restricting transit routes among areas experiencing different levels of coronavirus infection, and separating children at school and camps into groups that should not mix throughout the day.

But White House and other administration officials rejected the recommendations over concerns that they were overly prescriptive, infringed on religious rights and risked further damaging an economy that Mr. Trump was banking on to recover quickly. One senior official at the Department of Health and Human Services with deep ties to religious conservatives objected to any controls on church services.

May, 2020:

The Trump administration will not implement the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's 17-page draft recommendation for reopening America, a senior CDC official confirmed to CNN Thursday.

The guidance provided more detailed suggestions beyond the reopening guidelines the administration had put forth last month, including specific suggestions for schools and churches. President Donald Trump in recent days has emphasized the need to quickly reopen the American economy despite public health officials' urgings for a more cautious approach.

A senior CDC official confirmed to CNN that it was clear on Wednesday night that the White House was not going to implement their 17-page draft recommendation for reopening America -- after it asked for it. The White House's decision to not use the guidance was first reported by The Associated Press.

October, 2020:

Again, if they are paid so little, why require a degree that they can never pay off? That lies with the universities. Why is college so expensive? Fix the problem that is causing it and not make other pay off personal debt.

I agree that tuition needs to be fixed because it is out of control. That said, Biden's plan does address aspects of this beyond just debt relief.

Public education and higher education is a must for any society, how they are currently being run in our society is why I consider them worthless. Change the ones running the show, and that might change.

And that's an opinion you have made quite clear over many topics. That's why you and I will never see eye-to-eye on this.

Until then, I will continue to urge everyone to take their kids out of the public school system and don't point kids straight to college without explaining how you neighbors are not responsible for your personal loans.

I don't think college is for everyone either. I have no problem with trade schools or learning on the job with a real chance to turn that job into a career and I have made this known to my kids. I've also taught them that a healthy society is good for everyone, period. That includes physical health, mental health, and financial health. The more money people have to put into the economy, the better.

saw this today. interesting they are using the "shifting the burden of debt" angle, when they gave massive tax breaks to the ultra wealthy and corporations

here is the full letter they all signed

Is calling someone a troll on a drive by post not trolling? Doen't matter, you won't believe it anyway.
    Not a troll if they are actually trolling is it? And I see you cannot explain how your post wasn’t a troll.

July, 2020:

May, 2020:

October, 2020:

So he was right with those? The CDC and the teachers union would still have the schools closed.

Not a troll if they are actually trolling is it? And I see you cannot explain how your post wasn’t a troll.
    Oh, I don't care enough to actually explain it. That seems to be the disconnect here. Carry on.

I agree that tuition needs to be fixed because it is out of control. That said, Biden's plan does address aspects of this beyond just debt relief.

And that's an opinion you have made quite clear over many topics. That's why you and I will never see eye-to-eye on this.

I don't think college is for everyone either. I have no problem with trade schools or learning on the job with a real chance to turn that job into a career and I have made this known to my kids. I've also taught them that a healthy society is good for everyone, period. That includes physical health, mental health, and financial health. The more money people have to put into the economy, the better.
    I think the problem needs to be fixed before we ask others to help payoff someone elses bad personal decisions. I know why he did it (buy votes) so I don't believe that he or they really want to fix it. Too much at stake with the teachers unions.

So he was right with those? The CDC and the teachers union would still have the schools closed.

I don't care if you think he was right. You asked if he disregarded CDC guidelines during the pandemic. I'm showing you where he did it both on a personal level and on a nationwide scale.

I think the problem needs to be fixed before we ask others to help payoff someone elses bad personal decisions. I know why he did it (buy votes) so I don't believe that he or they really want to fix it. Too much at stake with the teachers unions.

This is like saying we should suspend all chemo treatments until we cure cancer. If you can do something immediately to help those in need while still working to solve the overall issue, you do it.

This is like saying we should suspend all chemo treatments until we cure cancer. If you can do something immediately to help those in need while still working to solve the overall issue, you do it.
    because he only agrees with handouts from the gov't if he can benefit from them directly or unless it benifits major corps..

because he only agrees with handouts from the gov't if he can benefit from them directly or unless it benifits major corps..
    You coming in from the top rope to just be wrong again! Good job.

I don't support government bailouts. I never have, but please, continue to jump in head first.

I don't support government bailouts. I never have, but please, continue to jump in head first.
    Nice try at the goalpost move. He didn't say bailouts. He said handouts. And you're first in line to support tax cuts for the rich, I'm sure, which are absolutely government handouts.

Yeah, a bad ROI on a college degree is the exact same thing as having cancer. Good analogy. Might want to step back on the hyperbole.

They are politicians, they don't solve issues, they use them for leverage and to make money and obtain votes.

Yeah, a bad ROI on a college degree is the exact same thing as having cancer. Good analogy. Might want to step back on the hyperbole.

They are politicians, they don't solve issues, they use them for leverage and to make money and obtain votes.
    So everything a politican does is for votes, unless you agree with it, then its just doing the right thing..

To quote Lisa Simpson: It's apt. Apt!

If it's not your cup of tea, though, how about this one: It's the same as saying low-income workers don't deserve raises until we fix the minimum wage issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom