Student Loan Forgiveness (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rumors floating around is that today President Biden will be canceling a portion of student loans. That’s fine and all, but what’s your take on it? If it truly is only $10k in forgiveness, is that enough to make much of an impact? Is student loan forgiveness just tax payer funded student loan bribery?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Changing the way interest is accrued has nothing to do with what the universities charge for tuition. You are really terrible at this stuff.

In order to do something about tuition you would need to talk to the states for public universities and or want the government to do something like price controls for private schools. You really are a big government proponent aren’t you?

You just make no sense sometimes.
    NO to personal bailouts YES to corporate bailouts..lol
    He doesn't want to pay for Public university bailouts, but is ok with corporate bailouts.. nice..

Give someone a 100k scholorship that they use for a non traditional degree, no problem
    10K student loan forgiveness for school teachers and business degress, NO NO NO I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT...
    Its all coming out of the same pocket..lol

That depends on what state you where in and what executive orders your governor/health department gave. What business do you have in Alabama and what where the executive orders that your governor gave? That's the answer to your question.

There would have been an issue regardless of what the government did, because there was a new virus. I know you think it was all some grand conspiracy working against you, but it wasn't. You would have suffered severe business loss regardless of what heath mandates your state government sent out because individual consumers would have made choices not to frequent your establishment so that they wouldn't get sick. Especially if the government hadn't done anything, hospitals where overwhelmed and more and more people would have been dying. The panic that would have been caused by the government not doing anything would have damaged and destabilized our country and economy much more than what occurred with the government acting.
    Yeah, we were closed for a month. Don't forget that the government decided if what you did for a job to raise your family was essential or not.

I am not going to go into how or why the government and bureaucrats expanded their power during what they labeled an emergency, that has been done. Look at the quote in my avatar.
    And all your hypotheticals about systems being over run, is all hypotheticals because it didn't happen since they shut the world down for months and with out a doubt caused more harm that helped.

I still don't see how this "buys" votes. Are you saying if someone votes Republican, they will switch parties because of it? Are you saying people who were about to jump the aisle and vote republican will now change their minds? Do you also call keeping campaign promises buying votes?

Again, the gov't didn't force you to take the PPP loan, i don't understand why you keep insinuaiting they did. The Gov't can control the price of public universities. by letting the prices get out of control they are forcing more and more people to have to take out student loans. see, it can work both ways.. They forced you to take the money as much as they are forcing people to take out student loans.
    PPP loans were done through SBA, so PPP loans forgiven were SBA loans that were forgiven.

What type of business do/did you own?
    I can't help you see how this buys votes.

SBA loans are not forgiven. Why? Why not have the rest of the country pay those are off?

Retail and service

Who cares how many people were dying as long as business is good, amirite.....
    No one has shown how the lock downs saved a single life. We are told they did. You all believe them but there is no evidence it did. There is evidence that not locking down and each person being responsible for themselves worked just as good if not better without the devastating lingering effects that are still not known that the lock down brought us.

Changing the way interest is accrued has nothing to do with what the universities charge for tuition. You are really terrible at this stuff.

In order to do something about tuition you would need to talk to the states for public universities and or want the government to do something like price controls for private schools. You really are a big government proponent aren’t you?

You just make no sense sometimes.
    Big Government like the kind that tells those that didn't go to college or made good financial decision to help pay off the private debt of someone else so they can party for 4 years? As long as they vote correctly when the leave the indoctrination facilities, amma right?

Why not hold the universities foot to the fire, why does it have to be middle class americans that have to foot this bill?

NO to personal bailouts YES to corporate bailouts..lol
    He doesn't want to pay for Public university bailouts, but is ok with corporate bailouts.. nice..

Give someone a 100k scholorship that they use for a non traditional degree, no problem
    10K student loan forgiveness for school teachers and business degress, NO NO NO I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT...
    Its all coming out of the same pocket..lol
    Am I ok with cooperate bail outs? Do you think I am for airline and auto bailouts?

I am not, so you wrong again, but I guess that is what they told you on MSNBC.

No one has shown how the lock downs saved a single life. We are told they did. You all believe them but there is no evidence it did. There is evidence that not locking down and each person being responsible for themselves worked just as good if not better without the devastating lingering effects that are still not known that the lock down brought us.
    Dude, really. i know science is hard for some people, but wow this takes the cake..

Yeah, we were closed for a month. Don't forget that the government decided if what you did for a job to raise your family was essential or not.
    Yes, Key Ivey decided that for you.

I am not going to go into how or why the government and bureaucrats expanded their power during what they labeled an emergency, that has been done. Look at the quote in my avatar.
    And all your hypotheticals about systems being over run, is all hypotheticals because it didn't happen since they shut the world down for months and with out a doubt caused more harm that helped.

It's easy now to have blinders on and act like we didn't SEE AND KNOW exactly what would happen if the government hadn't acted. Wuhan, Italy and New York all happened before governments started acting and passing health mandates. The same exact thing would have happened throughout the US if the various state governments hadn't done anything. Your business would have been ruined regardless. But sure, keep being mad at the "government" as if it wasn't dealing with a real crisis.

Last edited:
    Am I ok with cooperate bail outs? Do you think I am for airline and auto bailouts?

I am not, so you wrong again, but I guess that is what they told you on MSNBC.
    Why are you going on so much about MSNBC all of a sudden? I would be very surprised if the poster you are addressing here watches MSNBC.

What happened in your world to make MSNBC the new bogeyman? This is sorta intriguing, lol.

Big Government like the kind that tells those that didn't go to college or made good financial decision to help pay off the private debt of someone else so they can party for 4 years? As long as they vote correctly when the leave the indoctrination facilities, amma right?

Why not hold the universities foot to the fire, why does it have to be middle class americans that have to foot this bill?

What if "big government" is telling trust fund party boys that they have to help pay off the debt of someone that took out student loans in order to become a teacher dedicated to educating special needs children? This plan looks great all of a sudden.

Why are you going on so much about MSNBC all of a sudden? I would be very surprised if the poster you are addressing here watches MSNBC.

What happened in your world to make MSNBC the new bogeyman? This is sorta intriguing, lol.
    I have probably watched Fox news more than i have watched MSNBC, but obviously he has a major grudge against them. But i rarely watch any major news networks. But if it helps him sleep at night by saying i watch the obviious devil owned MSNBC, i guess more power to him.

Dude, really. i know science is hard for some people, but wow this takes the cake..
    What science are you talking about, the science where empirical evidence, reason and review are used or the bought and paid for science?

How did S.Korea and Sweden do compared to other countries that had strict lockdown?

Yes, Key Ivey decided that for you.

It's easy now to have blinders on and act like we didn't SEE AND KNOW exactly what would happen if the government hadn't acted. Wuhan, Italy and New York all happened before governments started acting and passing health mandates. The same exact thing would have happened throughout the US if the various state governments hadn't done anything. Your business would have been ruined regardless. But sure, keep being mad at the "government" as if it wasn't dealing with a real crisis.
    She did indeed. Did I imply she is not part of the government or the bureaucracy? It is also important to note that she was following the CDC guidelines, that were just plain wrong, at the time, but yeah, that was on her. And yes, on Trump as well, hence 'government'.

Who had blinders? I didnt, I think you can look back and myself and many others that 'hated science' and were member of the 'death cult' said the same.
    Why did it not happen in S.Korea and Sweden then (one masked and one didn't)?

I asked the same questions about FOX? Why do you all hate on FOX all the time? There is your answer. Partisan politics.

Funny how you 'never watch it' but get a little defensive about it.

What if "big government" is telling trust fund party boys that they have to help pay off the debt of someone that took out student loans in order to become a teacher dedicated to educating special needs children? This plan looks great all of a sudden.
    What if the 'big government' is telling the local mechanic that they have to help pay off the debt of someone that took out student loans to go to college?

That is is all I need to complete my point, I don't have to assign virtuous jobs and cynical upbringings to the parties involved. There is the entire flaw of your argument.

What if the 'big government' is telling the local mechanic that they have to help pay off the debt of someone that took out student loans to go to college?

That is is all I need to complete my point, I don't have to assign virtuous jobs and cynical upbringings to the parties involved. There is the entire flaw of your argument.

You got halfway there. You completed your point, you just don't understand the point you've made. You're right in that the degree or job doesn't matter, just as the profession of the taxpayer doesn't matter. Why? Because we are all taxpayers. It's not just people who made good financial decisions or trust fund kids or you and me or Elon Musk. It's everyone- including the people whose debts are being forgiven. It's called being a taxpaying member of society. This happens to be an effort to help relieve millions of people of debt, allowing them to more fully participate in the economy while making it easier for future generations to get an education. This benefits everyone, including the people who complain about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom