Student Loan Forgiveness (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rumors floating around is that today President Biden will be canceling a portion of student loans. That’s fine and all, but what’s your take on it? If it truly is only $10k in forgiveness, is that enough to make much of an impact? Is student loan forgiveness just tax payer funded student loan bribery?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

A job market that requires a college degree for anything above entry-level work (and sometimes for actual entry-level positions). What choice do they have, not trying to get good jobs? Not trying to improve their prospects?
    Not true. And you are only showing that the degree was a waste of money and a terrible personal decision.
    Why do many jobs stupidly require a degree? Do you not feel like it is a shell game?

Again, nothing was corrected. This is only an attempt to buy votes for the mid term. If this was really an appeal for help, it would be more than just money, it would come with reform. Why not have the universities dip into their endowments or help pay, why does it come down to those that didn't make the bad decision.

I did take the PPP loan. You are correct it was my choice. What I didn't have a choice was closing my business, the bureaucrats decided that for me.

What outside force had these kids take out student loans for college?

Those where bureaucrats in your state government that made that choice. Some businesses were mandated to close (like movie theaters, gyms and bars), but for most they put restrictions on number of people gathering and serving of food indoor to prevent disease spread (the actual function of State departments of health). There was also just the very real fact that millions of people decided on their very own not to go out because the didn't want to catch Covid. So your business didn't just suffer because of the government, but also because consumers made personal choices. If you're a capitalist, those are the punches you have to role with.

You took the handout from the federal government that you so hate. They did it not because they felt bad for you or forced you to do anything, but for the economic purpose of preventing an economic collapse of our economy. In the same vane, Biden has forgiven student loan debt for an economic purpose. It doesn't help you, but PPP handouts didn't help a lot of other people, so ....

One benefited the bureaucrats and helped them not do their job when they preformed incredible governmental overreach by essentially seizing and closing private businesses. Do you know how many business went under due to the lock downs? But yeah, we are the greedy ones. LOL.

The other didn't benefit anyone but universities and their endowments. We get to pay for that but we get to feel good about helping those that hate us and think we are all racist, ignorant rednecks that didn't go to college.

A lot of people bought new vehicles during the pandemic, the market is about to flooded with repossessed vehicles. Are you also on board with helping those that took out car loans as well?

... and the millions of people who will suddenly find themselves out from under the burdensome debt imposed by predatory student loans and will now have money to put back into the economy. Do you have a problem with people having more money to spend, thus keeping our economy healthy?

Not true. And you are only showing that the degree was a waste of money and a terrible personal decision.
    Why do many jobs stupidly require a degree? Do you not feel like it is a shell game?

If it is a shell game, why are you pissed off that the victims are getting some measure of relief?

Again, nothing was corrected. This is only an attempt to buy votes for the mid term. If this was really an appeal for help, it would be more than just money, it would come with reform. Why not have the universities dip into their endowments or help pay, why does it come down to those that didn't make the bad decision.

It does come with some reform measures, but I would be totally on board with going even further in terms of curbing the outrageous cost increases in tuition.

I don't doubt the numbers I posted as the numbers are still changing because your leader lies and manipulates you by not giving actual data.

Can a man become a woman through the miracle of science?
    Your business was forced to close in Alabama? I find that very difficult to believe unless it was a gym or something. Even restaurants in my red state didn’t close - they just switched to carry out and curb service and such. What businesses were forced to close in Alabama?

Oh, and I consider your stupid question to be a form of badgering - following me to a different thread to ask a question from another thread. So, stop it, it‘s against TOS.

You are wrong - this program reforms the way interest is calculated on student loans going forward. You were told this already - why do you keep repeating things that aren’t true?

One benefited the bureaucrats and helped them not do their job when they preformed incredible governmental overreach by essentially seizing and closing private businesses. Do you know how many business went under due to the lock downs? But yeah, we are the greedy ones. LOL.

The other didn't benefit anyone but universities and their endowments. We get to pay for that but we get to feel good about helping those that hate us and think we are all racist, ignorant rednecks that didn't go to college.

A lot of people bought new vehicles during the pandemic, the market is about to flooded with repossessed vehicles. Are you also on board with helping those that took out car loans as well?
    Not one time have i bashed or say PPP wasn't needed, only the hypocracy of a lot who took them and complain about student loan forgiveness. But at the same time, how many business owners bought new boats, cars, houses with money they got from PPP loans? How much fraud was invloved in PPP loans? I guess you can equate that with paying for "gender study degrees "ITS NOT FAIR!" argument is funny coming from the ones who have been telling people their whole life that "Life isn't fair, get over it"...
    Again, one was a needed handout because it beneited YOU, the other is not a needed handout because it DIDN'T benefit you. its plain and simple. I could easily argue that student loan interest rates are predatory and should against the law.

No the PPP was not hand out. It was a reimbursement for forcing citizens to close their business if they didn't meet some arbitrary standard made up by bureaucrats.

No it wasn’t. There was zero need to show a business closure to get the money. People who never closed got PPP grants.

No it wasn’t. There was zero need to show a business closure to get the money. People who never closed got PPP grants.
    So people/businesses took advantage of it?
    When I applied, I was non-essential and had to show my payroll for several month before the government mandated shutdown.

Those where bureaucrats in your state government that made that choice. Some businesses were mandated to close (like movie theaters, gyms and bars), but for most they put restrictions on number of people gathering and serving of food indoor to prevent disease spread (the actual function of State departments of health). There was also just the very real fact that millions of people decided on their very own not to go out because the didn't want to catch Covid. So your business didn't just suffer because of the government, but also because consumers made personal choices. If you're a capitalist, those are the punches you have to role with.

You took the handout from the federal government that you so hate. They did it not because they felt bad for you or forced you to do anything, but for the economic purpose of preventing an economic collapse of our economy. In the same vane, Biden has forgiven student loan debt for an economic purpose. It doesn't help you, but PPP handouts didn't help a lot of other people, so ....
    I find it hard to believe that you didn't live through the same month of panic that I did.
    Those that were deemed essential, you remember, where all the 'heroes' worked like grocery stores ad businesses with government contracts and such, and those that were non-essential were forced to close or face jail and large fines. Am I wrong on that?
    They gave assistance because they created the issue. They forced private businesses to close but only those that were labeled non-essential. They did do that to prevent a economic collapse of our country. The only problem it was them that caused the economic peril to begin with.

Not one time have i bashed or say PPP wasn't needed, only the hypocracy of a lot who took them and complain about student loan forgiveness. But at the same time, how many business owners bought new boats, cars, houses with money they got from PPP loans? How much fraud was invloved in PPP loans? I guess you can equate that with paying for "gender study degrees "ITS NOT FAIR!" argument is funny coming from the ones who have been telling people their whole life that "Life isn't fair, get over it"...
    Again, one was a needed handout because it beneited YOU, the other is not a needed handout because it DIDN'T benefit you. its plain and simple. I could easily argue that student loan interest rates are predatory and should against the law.
    I am 100% behind find and punishing to the fullest extent anyone who took advantage of the PPP loan. Many businesses did not get the funds needed to stay afloat for months of closure because the larger companies that have lawyers and accountants on staff were the first to receive the money and it dried up several times (especially the SBA loans).
    Would you be ok with forgiving the SBA loans?
    It benefit me because, again, because the government forced a private citizen to close the way they make their living.
    If yo can show the government forcing kids to take student loans, then we can talk. Otherwise, this is only a way to buy votes at the expense of the taxpayer. It will buy their votes but the DNC forever loses the ability to call itself the party of the working/middle class. This is not a Rep/Dem issue. I know several dems that are pissed off about this too.

You are wrong - this program reforms the way interest is calculated on student loans going forward. You were told this already - why do you keep repeating things that aren’t true?
    It does? So the universities plan to lower the cost or do the taxpayers just keep bailing out the multi billion dollar endowment universities? So it really didn't do a thing?

Your business was forced to close in Alabama? I find that very difficult to believe unless it was a gym or something. Even restaurants in my red state didn’t close - they just switched to carry out and curb service and such. What businesses were forced to close in Alabama?

Oh, and I consider your stupid question to be a form of badgering - following me to a different thread to ask a question from another thread. So, stop it, it‘s against TOS.
    You constantly state I am radicalized, so I ask a simple question a 5 year old can answer to show your radicalization. What is the problem with that? Fair is fair right.

As usual, you are again wrong.
    Yeah, I am lying again. Fox news told me I was closed so I believed them. Do you know how ignorant that sounds. Yes, I was forced to close, I was discussing it at the time on this very board. I guess maybe, just maybe not all small businesses are restaurants? Is that possible or am I lying again. LOL.

"Yes, what actually happened to you personally didn't really happen. You are mistaken, you bigot." - the left

From the Penn Wharton analysis, around 75% is below the $88,000 threshold. According to Forbes, up to 14.6 million people could see their debt wiped away completely.

College degrees are required for the vast majority of jobs, much less viable careers. Do you have a problem with an educated workforce?

Funny how that worked out since I was attributing those words to you.
    That is a lot of money from tax payers that didn't sign on to pay that debt.

Do I have to pay to educate this work force? What work force? Those in hard sciences or in the sciences that focus on inclusion, equity, diversity? The question is why do many of these jobs require a college degree? Who benefits from it, the employer or the employee since most jobs are talking about are on the job training.

Like I said, a shell game.

I find it hard to believe that you didn't live through the same month of panic that I did.
    Those that were deemed essential, you remember, where all the 'heroes' worked like grocery stores ad businesses with government contracts and such, and those that were non-essential were forced to close or face jail and large fines. Am I wrong on that?

That depends on what state you where in and what executive orders your governor/health department gave. What business do you have in Alabama and what where the executive orders that your governor gave? That's the answer to your question.

They gave assistance because they created the issue. They forced private businesses to close but only those that were labeled non-essential. They did do that to prevent a economic collapse of our country. The only problem it was them that caused the economic peril to begin with.

There would have been an issue regardless of what the government did, because there was a new virus. I know you think it was all some grand conspiracy working against you, but it wasn't. You would have suffered severe business loss regardless of what heath mandates your state government sent out because individual consumers would have made choices not to frequent your establishment so that they wouldn't get sick. Especially if the government hadn't done anything, hospitals where overwhelmed and more and more people would have been dying. The panic that would have been caused by the government not doing anything would have damaged and destabilized our country and economy much more than what occurred with the government acting.

Last edited:
    I am 100% behind find and punishing to the fullest extent anyone who took advantage of the PPP loan. Many businesses did not get the funds needed to stay afloat for months of closure because the larger companies that have lawyers and accountants on staff were the first to receive the money and it dried up several times (especially the SBA loans).
    Would you be ok with forgiving the SBA loans?
    It benefit me because, again, because the government forced a private citizen to close the way they make their living.
    If yo can show the government forcing kids to take student loans, then we can talk. Otherwise, this is only a way to buy votes at the expense of the taxpayer. It will buy their votes but the DNC forever loses the ability to call itself the party of the working/middle class. This is not a Rep/Dem issue. I know several dems that are pissed off about this too.
    I still don't see how this "buys" votes. Are you saying if someone votes Republican, they will switch parties because of it? Are you saying people who were about to jump the aisle and vote republican will now change their minds? Do you also call keeping campaign promises buying votes?

Again, the gov't didn't force you to take the PPP loan, i don't understand why you keep insinuaiting they did. The Gov't can control the price of public universities. by letting the prices get out of control they are forcing more and more people to have to take out student loans. see, it can work both ways.. They forced you to take the money as much as they are forcing people to take out student loans.
    PPP loans were done through SBA, so PPP loans forgiven were SBA loans that were forgiven.

What type of business do/did you own?

Last edited:
    That depends on what state you where in and what executive orders your governor/health department gave. What business do have in Alabama and what where the executive orders that your governor gave? That's the answer to your question.

There would have been an issue regardless of what the government did, because there was a new virus. I know you think it was all some grand conspiracy working against you, but it wasn't. You would have suffered severe business loss regardless of what heath mandates your state government sent out because individual consumers would have made choices not to frequent your establishment so that they wouldn't get sick. Especially if the government hadn't done anything, hospitals where overwhelmed and more and more people would have been dying. The panic that would have been caused by the government not doing anything would have damaged and destabilized our country and economy much more than what occurred with the government acting.
    Who cares how many people were dying as long as business is good, amirite.....

It does? So the universities plan to lower the cost or do the taxpayers just keep bailing out the multi billion dollar endowment universities? So it really didn't do a thing?
    Changing the way interest is accrued has nothing to do with what the universities charge for tuition. You are really terrible at this stuff.

In order to do something about tuition you would need to talk to the states for public universities and or want the government to do something like price controls for private schools. You really are a big government proponent aren’t you?

You just make no sense sometimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom