All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Look who's up to more bullshirt

And to think that I grew up thinking that Texas (Austin, specifically) was someplace I could see myself moving to if I were to leave New Orleans. Not so much any more, as evidenced by the link and the past 20 years of TX politics grossing me out. Living in Austin would be the equivalent of living in New Orleans. It would suck because when you leave Austin you're still in Texas, much the same way that the crappiest part about living in New Orleans is that you're still in Louisiana when you leave the city.

This impacts text books across the US too since publishers don’t want to print different versions of text books. Hopefully it fails to be passed.
    It would likely mean that Texas would have to get specially printed books unless Texas is buying more books than all the other states combined. They may buy from a vendor(s) that is headquartered in Texas in which case, their biggest customer is the state of Texas. A national publisher would simply charge Texas more for a Texas specific book than a book that's standard without the added dumbassery.

It would likely mean that Texas would have to get specially printed books unless Texas is buying more books than all the other states combined. They may buy from a vendor(s) that is headquartered in Texas in which case, their biggest customer is the state of Texas. A national publisher would simply charge Texas more for a Texas specific book than a book that's standard without the added dumbassery.
    Here is an article about how their sheer volume in books influences books for other states or districts. Their committee decides the books for every single school district making them the largest buyer. This is likely to be less influential in the future with digital text books since they can revise those for less cost.

Wow, that feels low to me
    ===================
    Natalia Miranda, 14, was making her way up the sidewalk in December 2019 in a Des Moines suburb when she noticed a White woman in a Jeep accelerate toward her and jump the curb. Then everything went blank.
The next thing she remembered, she was waking up in a pile of snow.
“I’m screaming, I’m crying,” Miranda told KCCI a few days after the incident.

“I’m like how did this happen? What happened?”
Miranda would soon learn that Nicole Poole Franklin, now 43, had purposefully rammed into her because she was Hispanic and “wasn’t supposed to be in the country,” according to a statement Poole Franklin later gave to law enforcement.

It was Poole Franklin’s second hit-and-run that day, police said. About 30 minutes earlier, she hit a 12-year-old boy she believed was of Middle Eastern or African descent.

Poole Franklin was sentenced to 25 years in federal prison Thursday on hate crime charges, according to court documents. She was already sentenced in state court to 25 years after pleading guilty to two counts of attempted murder. Poole Franklin will serve the sentences concurrently………

My children went to Catholic schools for 12 years and most of their friends were white. They grew up into American culture and married people like them.

Again with this 'American culture' thing! Anywayzzzz, I went to a private school where probably 90% of the kids were white but then I went on to college and the real world and such and have known and dated people of various ethnic groups. Sure, most of my friends today are white but I wouldn't say that predisposes me towards seeking out only white 'lady-friends.'

Again with this 'American culture' thing! Anywayzzzz, I went to a private school where probably 90% of the kids were white but then I went on to college and the real world and such and have known and dated people of various ethnic groups. Sure, most of my friends today are white but I wouldn't say that predisposes me towards seeking out only white 'lady-friends.'
    As an immigrant I can see American culture. If you have been in America all your life perhaps you cannot see it. I will admit is not strong or well defined as the nation is multicultural.

You said: "I went to a private school where probably 90% of the kids were white. Sure, most of my friends today are white."

That is what I meant.

There is no American culture.
    A nation without unifying cultural values becomes disjointed. The end result is tribalism and balkanization. Tribalism is already here.

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion, too
    Imagine all the people
    Livin' life in peace

Last edited:
    Black Nascar driver (and US Naval Academy graduate) Jesse Iwuji receives messages like this:

If anything, Iwuji is taking it in stride. I'm sure he knew there would be knuckleheads out there like that tweet. He shouldn't have to deal with all that, but there are still a lot of racist asshats out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom