All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

so instead of a united front and unanimous support you'd rather more votes than in well over century?

so if McCarthy was in on the first vote you'd be saying, "Man, I wish this took 15 tries"

The gymnastics needed to justify never ceases to amaze me

so instead of a united front and unanimous support you'd rather more votes than in well over century?

so if McCarthy was in on the first vote you'd be saying, "Man, I wish this took 15 tries"

The gymnastics needed to justify never ceases to amaze me

Why is a united from needed or useful? Why does it matter how many votes it took to elect a speaker?

Pelosi was in a similar situation in 2020 that McCarthy was in recently. She had a narrow majority and every Democrat had leverage to extract concessions.

All the progressives fell in line when they could have forced a floor vote for one of the biggest Democrat policies....Medicare for All.

They didn't fall in line until they got certain concessions. In 2020 when the Democrats could have forced a vote for Medicare for All they fell in line and got nothing.
Which of the concessions they extracted were good for America?

Which concessions they extracted were good for those holdouts and their financial backers?

They didn't fall in line until they got certain concessions. In 2020 when the Democrats could have forced a vote for Medicare for All they fell in line and got nothing.

They could have forced a vote for M4A in the house, and the house alone. It was a vanity vote for the most part, that would have never passed the senate.

Nancy was never an obstructionist. She was never the person standing in the way of M4A, or any other thing progressives wanted. That was always the senate. Nancy always presented herself as having fought for the best deal for progressives with senate leadership. Which was probably close to the truth.

The biggest, and most valid criticism for Nancy has always been the self-enrichment via insider trading.

This article should enlighten as to how Nancy built personal relationships with House Progressives.

JDONK - he doesn’t care about facts. Just his whataboutism.

When I first started seeing articles about this, the first thing that popped into my mind was wondering why in the hell do surgeons wear masks during surgery if they don't work at all. And just ignore the significant drop in flu cases since masks started being worn in public. That precipitous drop in flu cases and other respiratory conditions had nothing to do with the fact that a significant number of people were wearing masks as compared to the previous years.

When I first started seeing articles about this, the first thing that popped into my mind was wondering why in the hell do surgeons wear masks during surgery if they don't work at all. And just ignore the significant drop in flu cases since masks started being worn in public. That precipitous drop in flu cases and other respiratory conditions had nothing to do with the fact that a significant number of people were wearing masks as compared to the previous years.
Yes, there was lots of criticism of the actual study, for varying things, but everyone said that the study findings were being misrepresented by the lead author. Everyone except the cult members who wanted it to be true that masks don’t work and didn’t care whether the study actually proved that or not.

Pretty powerful testimony from the ex-head of the CDC. If nothing else, it again raises question as to why there was a rush to push a narrative on the origins of covid in early February. I've said it before in this board, but the hero worship of Fauci is flawed. You can not be the hero of a endemic you possibly helped create. I still can not believe liberals embraced this as good science vs a man trying desperately to save his reputation.

Pretty powerful testimony from the ex-head of the CDC. If nothing else, it again raises question as to why there was a rush to push a narrative on the origins of covid in early February. I've said it before in this board, but the hero worship of Fauci is flawed. You can not be the hero of a endemic you possibly helped create. I still can not believe liberals embraced this as good science vs a man trying desperately to save his reputation.

I never understood why, if it ever turned out to actually be a lab leak, it would be Fauci's fault or responsibility? What exactly was he trying to cover up to save his reputation, the "gain-of-function research"? I found this article on that issue from 2021 https://www.bbc.com/news/57932699. Even that seems to be cloudy or somewhat of a push. It seems that there is more ideological purity on the lab leak side (in pushing it) than there is on the other side of the argument.

Also, this back and forth about the origins of Covid have been going on sense the beginning. When was it ever "covered up"? It was possibly dismissed by Fauci, but covered up? Did he alter government information to hide the grant to EcoHealth Alliance to try and hide it?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom