All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

From McConnell. To carry more weight he needs to name names and call people out, Fox anchors and politicians he sees every day
===============

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell implored unvaccinated Americans Tuesday to take the COVID-19 shot, issuing a stark and grave warning of a repeat of last year’s rising caseloads and shutdowns if people refuse to protect themselves from the coronavirus.

McConnell urged Americans to ignore the “demonstrably bad advice” coming from pundits and others against the vaccines. As cases skyrocket, he noted that nearly all the new virus hospitalizations in the U.S. are among people who have not been vaccinated.

“If there is anybody out there willing to listen: Get vaccinated,” McConnell, R-Ky., said at his weekly press conference at the Capitol.

“These shots need to get in everybody’s arms as rapidly as possible or we’re going to be back in a situation in the fall that we don’t yearn for — that we went through last year,” he said. “This is not complicated.”

McConnell has been one of the most outspoken members of his party in urging vaccinations to stop the virus spread, speaking often in his home state of Kentucky of the need for people to get the shot.

Without criticizing prominent Republicans who refuse the vaccine or mock the severity of the virus, including members of Congress, he has expressed dismay at those who choose to go unvaccinated……..

Last edited:
My thought now is that Republicans are definitely going for the self-fulfilling prophecy. They said "if you elect Biden, we're going to be back in lockdown! Vote Trump for freedom!!!!111"

Now they aren't getting vaccinated, which is going to force us back into lockdown, and then they're going to forking say "I told you so!" like it's Biden's fault.

From McConnell. To carry more weight he needs to name names and call people out, Fix anchors and politicians he sees every day
===============

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell implored unvaccinated Americans Tuesday to take the COVID-19 shot, issuing a stark and grave warning of a repeat of last year’s rising caseloads and shutdowns if people refuse to protect themselves from the coronavirus.

McConnell urged Americans to ignore the “demonstrably bad advice” coming from pundits and others against the vaccines. As cases skyrocket, he noted that nearly all the new virus hospitalizations in the U.S. are among people who have not been vaccinated.

“If there is anybody out there willing to listen: Get vaccinated,” McConnell, R-Ky., said at his weekly press conference at the Capitol.

“These shots need to get in everybody’s arms as rapidly as possible or we’re going to be back in a situation in the fall that we don’t yearn for — that we went through last year,” he said. “This is not complicated.”

McConnell has been one of the most outspoken members of his party in urging vaccinations to stop the virus spread, speaking often in his home state of Kentucky of the need for people to get the shot.

Without criticizing prominent Republicans who refuse the vaccine or mock the severity of the virus, including members of Congress, he has expressed dismay at those who choose to go unvaccinated……..

Will the GQP will turn against Mitch?
Inquiring minds want to know.

It occurs to me that Mitch making remarks about the importance of being vaccinated, as well as the emphasis that Hannity and Fox and Friends suddenly gave to being vaccinated, comes immediately after the Monday stock market sell-off. They’re scared of that, rather than whether people actually die or not.

It occurs to me that Mitch making remarks about the importance of being vaccinated, as well as the emphasis that Hannity and Fox and Friends suddenly gave to being vaccinated, comes immediately after the Monday stock market sell-off. They’re scared of that, rather than whether people actually die or not.
I think they've finally realized that with the elections as close as they are, killing their own supporters while leaving all of the Dems alive is probably a losing bet.

I think they've finally realized that with the elections as close as they are, killing their own supporters while leaving all of the Dems alive is probably a losing bet.

Indeed, apparently Scalise got the memo.

He was wearing a Saints shirt this morning, so he's got that going for him.

Not to mention that their donors may have told them to quit seeing that they may lose a lot of money if new lockdowns becomes necessary. Nothing speaks louder than money!

So, apparently, 5 of the Texas Democrats who flew to DC to avoid the vote back home have tested positive for Covid. Oof.

More evidence of an internal GOP directive. Whatever the reason, I'm glad it's happening.

In times like this, I'm glad I'm not a doctor because I simply could not and would not have the same grace that this doctor shows in this article. After going through what doctors and nurses went through during the height of the 1st and 2nd waves of infections, it would be incredibly easy for me to deal with patients dying from Covid-19 because they refused the vaccine. It's a vaccine, not an antidote.

Call me cold or heartless but the people dying who refused the vaccine or propagated misinformation about the virus put the people charged with providing them care as well as others at risk and they did it on purpose. I have the same pity for those people that I have for people who knowingly drink and drive or commit murder. You reap what you sow.

If they truly believe in the teachings of their religion, they can take solace in knowing that God is with them during their darkest hour.

In times like this, I'm glad I'm not a doctor because I simply could not and would not have the same grace that this doctor shows in this article. After going through what doctors and nurses went through during the height of the 1st and 2nd waves of infections, it would be incredibly easy for me to deal with patients dying from Covid-19 because they refused the vaccine. It's a vaccine, not an antidote.

Call me cold or heartless but the people dying who refused the vaccine or propagated misinformation about the virus put the people charged with providing them care as well as others at risk and they did it on purpose. I have the same pity for those people that I have for people who knowingly drink and drive or commit murder. You reap what you sow.

If they truly believe in the teachings of their religion, they can take solace in knowing that God is with them during their darkest hour.

I hear you but it's really impossible to know how you'd handle that situation. She said she was predisposed and rationally compelled to feel no sympathy for their bad judgment . . . but then as they're dying and filled with regret for their decision, the humanity inside us takes over.

Rubio: Vaccine hesitancy isn't partisan, it's all sorts of people.
CBS: Here's a poll showing Republicans are almost fives times as likely to respond that they won't get vaccinated.
Rubio: I don't care what the polls say, it isn't partisan.

CBS: Here's a poll showing Republicans are almost fives times as likely to respond that they won't get vaccinated.

Hardly surprising.

this is about deflecting future blame

When masks and distancing mandates come back, when events are cancelled, when the economy declines, when hospitalizations and deaths skyrocket they desperately don't want the narrative to be "this is Republicans and right wing media's fault"

Last edited:
I hear you but it's really impossible to know how you'd handle that situation. She said she was predisposed and rationally compelled to feel no sympathy for their bad judgment . . . but then as they're dying and filled with regret for their decision, the humanity inside us takes over.
I understand this sentiment and I wish I wasn't hardened like I am but the reaction to Covid-19 has hardened me. I was a CNA while getting my degree and I've had my share of holding the hand of or caring for people who were dying. I've had to do post mortem cleaning to prepare the recently deceased to be seen by their family members. I've watched people on DNR's take their last breath.

I'm glad I don't have to do it as a means of income any longer but I'm certain that I would find my job much easier now as opposed to then.

There's a common belief that support for ending the Vietnam war grew rapidly when the injuries and deaths of our soldiers starting being shown on the evening news. Maybe if more people dying from a virus they thought was hoax because they read it on facebook were shown on the evening news every evening, more people would start taking the vaccine. Maybe they need to see people who look like them and believe the same bullshirt they believe being told that "it's too late to take the vaccine" as they struggle to breath.

And now the political reality of the game that Republicans decided to play with people's lives is starting to set in. It's a damn shame if this is what is behind the new effort by Fox News and Republicans to push their supporters to get vaccinated. They all deserve to burn in hell for what they have done. They are no different than Jim Jones at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom