All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

No link, but i just witnessed on cable news, a 3 or 4 minute “debate” from this morning between Dr Fauci and Jim Jordan, the representative , or senator from wherever.. If you can check it out, please do becuase we are witnessing absolute lunatics presiding in the halls of Congress.. this piece of **** Jordan kept asking Fauci “when will Americans get their constitutional liberties back” , meanwhile poor Fauci is trying to explain to this imbecile that it’s about SCIENCE, not about Jordan’s moronic political spin... It’s truly astounding how out of touch and, apologies to anyone who’s experienced mental illness- but flat out crazy some of these Republican shills are.

No link, but i just witnessed on cable news, a 3 or 4 minute “debate” from this morning between Dr Fauci and Jim Jordan, the representative , or senator from wherever.. If you can check it out, please do becuase we are witnessing absolute lunatics presiding in the halls of Congress.. this piece of **** Jordan kept asking Fauci “when will Americans get their constitutional liberties back” , meanwhile poor Fauci is trying to explain to this imbecile that it’s about SCIENCE, not about Jordan’s moronic political spin... It’s truly astounding how out of touch and, apologies to anyone who’s experienced mental illness- but flat out crazy some of these Republican shills are.

And it ends with Maxine Waters telling Gym Jordan to shut his mouth.

And it ends with Maxine Waters telling Gym Jordan to shut his mouth.

Circus clown, and the sad thing is somewhere in the middle of him trying to appeal to America’s lowest common denominators he had a valid point. I’d also like to have some metrics defined on when when we can return to normal. We had some with the reopening plan during the summer, but that seems to have been completely thrown out now most places.

If Jordan was more concerned with substance over Theater of the Q, he could have had a productive conversation around those metrics.

Jordan, and most Rs really, aren’t interested in productive discussion. Just in grandstanding, and keeping the base riled up. They sure as hell don’t want to actually govern, that much is clear.

Circus clown, and the sad thing is somewhere in the middle of him trying to appeal to America’s lowest common denominators he had a valid point. I’d also like to have some metrics defined on when when we can return to normal. We had some with the reopening plan during the summer, but that seems to have been completely thrown out now most places.

If Jordan was more concerned with substance over Theater of the Q, he could have had a productive conversation around those metrics.

Yep, theatrics trumps a good argument every time when playing for the audience. Smh.

Tots and pears for the virus...

Seriously, screw all of the COVID hoax claimers - especially those who have influence over others - when they catch it. I don't feel one bit of sympathy for them and hope they have an especially nasty time while they are sick.

Interesting read
    =======================

Stop talking about the possibility of coronavirus booster shots. Don’t bully people who are vaccine holdouts. And if you’re trying to win over skeptics, show us anyone besides Dr. Fauci.

That’s what a focus group of vaccine-hesitant Trump voters urged politicians and pollsters during the weekend, as public health officials work to understand potential roadblocks in the campaign to inoculate Americans against the coronavirus. Among the most pressing questions are why so many GOP voters remain opposed to the shots and whether the recent decision to pause Johnson & Johnson vaccinations was a factor.

Although more than half of U.S. adults have received at least one dose of coronavirus vaccine, more than 40 percent of Republicans have consistently told pollsters they’re not planning to be vaccinated — a group that could threaten efforts to tamp down the virus’s spread, public health officials fear.

Many vaccine-hesitant Americans are increasingly entrenched in their decisions to resist the shots, said Frank Luntz, a longtime GOP communications expert who convened Sunday’s focus group over Zoom...............

Interesting read
    =======================

Stop talking about the possibility of coronavirus booster shots. Don’t bully people who are vaccine holdouts. And if you’re trying to win over skeptics, show us anyone besides Dr. Fauci.

That’s what a focus group of vaccine-hesitant Trump voters urged politicians and pollsters during the weekend, as public health officials work to understand potential roadblocks in the campaign to inoculate Americans against the coronavirus. Among the most pressing questions are why so many GOP voters remain opposed to the shots and whether the recent decision to pause Johnson & Johnson vaccinations was a factor.

Although more than half of U.S. adults have received at least one dose of coronavirus vaccine, more than 40 percent of Republicans have consistently told pollsters they’re not planning to be vaccinated — a group that could threaten efforts to tamp down the virus’s spread, public health officials fear.

Many vaccine-hesitant Americans are increasingly entrenched in their decisions to resist the shots, said Frank Luntz, a longtime GOP communications expert who convened Sunday’s focus group over Zoom...............

Sounds like "I'll only get vaccinated if you tell me what I want to hear." I'm not a fan of it, but if it gets them jabbed, go ahead and lie to them.

NYT does a really good job, IMO, of putting things into perspective. I wish every COVID denier would explain these facts. I think this isn’t behind a paywall.

Interesting read
    =======================

The bullies cry the loudest when they are bullied. "Show us anyone besides Fauci" means they need right wingers to tell them to vaccinate, something that'd go against the frenzy created by Trump and his sycophants, a frenzy they are banking on for 2022 and beyond.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom