All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

This could probably go in multiple topics, but (woman refuses to wear a mask, resorts to racism to prove her point)

In an interview with the New York Daily News, the woman, who identified herself as Stephanie Denaro of Queens, griped that “they’re forcing people in New York City to wear masks.”

“It’s political theater,” Denaro told the paper. “I don’t believe in COVID-19. It’s a hoax to convince people to use absentee ballots to steal the election from Donald Trump.”

Asked why she used the bigoted taunt, the woman replied: “All of my children have a Black father. That’s a term I’ve heard them use all my life.”

“It’s political theater,” Denaro told the paper. “I don’t believe in COVID-19. It’s a hoax to convince people to use absentee ballots to steal the election from Donald Trump.”

I'm sure this is exactly what the doctor you probably didn't bother to ask told you.

President Biden on Thursday set a new goal of 200 million doses administered in his first 100 days in office. At the current seven-day average, which increased to 2.62 million daily doses with the new record on Friday, the U.S. would comfortably reach that goal before his 100th day on April 30.

I'll make a prediction that we hit peak daily vaccine administered in mid April. My guess is we start to run into demand issues at that point despite still having a huge chunk of the population unvaccinated.

This could probably go in multiple topics, but (woman refuses to wear a mask, resorts to racism to prove her point)

In an interview with the New York Daily News, the woman, who identified herself as Stephanie Denaro of Queens, griped that “they’re forcing people in New York City to wear masks.”

Asked why she used the bigoted taunt, the woman replied: “All of my children have a Black father. That’s a term I’ve heard them use all my life.”

Not that it makes it ok, but that should be a verifiable fact (about the father of the kids). Note she didn't say husband or boyfriend.....

I'm sure this is exactly what the doctor you probably didn't bother to ask told you.
    "Political theater" is a term that's making the rounds in right-wing circles. I've seen clips of Cruz, Paul, Gaetz, saying it, and read it on a couple other places.

You can see that her kid is mixed, assuming that’s her daughter in the stroller.
    I never bothered watching the video, to be honest.

Makes me laugh though.. that letting people use an absentee ballot, i.e. higher legal voter turn out, is just a ploy to beat the Republicans....

Turn out is bad?

posted this on the EE
    ==================
    A fed-up Floridian is calling for a million state residents to march on April 10 to “mark that date with a celebration of freedom.”

“You are invited to the Million Maskless March and Mask Burning, Saturday April 10, 2021 at 3pm at the Corner of A1A and Las Olas in Ft Lauderdale!,” writes protest organizer Chris Nelson, who reportedly has “organized viral flash mobs at chain stores that re-popularized Twisted Sister’s protest anthem ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It.'”

“April 10 marks one year of mask tyranny in Broward County and we will mark that date with a celebration of freedom! It will feature recognition and prizes for those who have faithfully endured this last year, addresses from local leaders and activists and most importantly (and fun) a mask burning!” Nelson wrote.

The protest organizer says he’s got permission from authorities.

“The mask burning is in full cooperation with local law enforcement and will be done in a safe and controlled manner. Following the mask burning we will March north on A1A, make a sharp left at Seabreeze and march back to where we began. The event will be over by 5pm,” he wrote.

“April is a very busy time for Ft Lauderdale Beach and this is exactly why this location was chosen,” Nelson wrote. “Our goal is for people to see us and be inspired to join in!”

Nelson also said, “Signs are VERY important. Signs with three to six BIG BOLD WORDS are the best. “MASKS ARE SLAVERY”. “NO MORE MASKS”. “MASKS OFF CHILDREN”. “NO VACCINE PASSPORTS” are good examples.” And he stated: “This is a non partisan event but ALL political signs and flags are welcome!”.................

‘Million Maskless March’ And Mass Mask Burning Planned In Florida | The Daily Wire

posted this on the EE
    ==================
    A fed-up Floridian is calling for a million state residents to march on April 10 to “mark that date with a celebration of freedom.”

“You are invited to the Million Maskless March and Mask Burning, Saturday April 10, 2021 at 3pm at the Corner of A1A and Las Olas in Ft Lauderdale!,” writes protest organizer Chris Nelson, who reportedly has “organized viral flash mobs at chain stores that re-popularized Twisted Sister’s protest anthem ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It.'”

“April 10 marks one year of mask tyranny in Broward County and we will mark that date with a celebration of freedom! It will feature recognition and prizes for those who have faithfully endured this last year, addresses from local leaders and activists and most importantly (and fun) a mask burning!” Nelson wrote.

“The mask burning is in full cooperation with local law enforcement and will be done in a safe and controlled manner. Following the mask burning we will March north on A1A, make a sharp left at Seabreeze and march back to where we began. The event will be over by 5pm,” he wrote.

“April is a very busy time for Ft Lauderdale Beach and this is exactly why this location was chosen,” Nelson wrote. “Our goal is for people to see us and be inspired to join in!”

Nelson also said, “Signs are VERY important. Signs with three to six BIG BOLD WORDS are the best. “MASKS ARE SLAVERY”. “NO MORE MASKS”. “MASKS OFF CHILDREN”. “NO VACCINE PASSPORTS” are good examples.” And he stated: “This is a non partisan event but ALL political signs and flags are welcome!”.................

‘Million Maskless March’ And Mass Mask Burning Planned In Florida | The Daily Wire
    I feel like hospitals and doctors should prioritize these people last on treatments since they forego precautions. You aren’t going to take steps to protect yourself or others, that’s fine, we won’t treat you or put you at the end of the line.

posted this on the EE
    ==================

These people haven’t felt an ounce of oppression their entire lives.

Though once the CDC is no longer recommending masks, I’d be behind burning one in effigy haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom