All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

If Trump loses any additional stimulus will be off the table unless Democrats kill the filibuster. Under no circumstances will the Republicans pass stimulus with a Democratic House, Senate, and President.

If Trump loses, Mitch won’t do one at all, IMO. He doesn’t care about anything except “winning” and he will want to hurt the incoming president as much as he can.
    It will be his only chance to have one hand on the wheel, if they actually care about spending.

If Trump loses any additional stimulus will be off the table unless Democrats kill the filibuster. Under no circumstances will the Republicans pass stimulus with a Democratic House, Senate, and President.
    I believe budget proposals require simple majorities. This is how they tried to kill Obamacare and how they were able to pass the tax cuts.

I think the idea is to lie so much that no one concentrates on one particular lie. Think about it. How long does one of these lies stick on Trump? 30 minutes, or when he or his staff tells another one. He lies so much that it is no longer an issue.

It changes nothing for his detractors (we know this is the most dishonest administration in modern history) or his supporters (they believe anything the administration says).

I don't even know why they bother. It doesn't move the needle in either direction.

Maybe. I could see Mitch pushing outgoing Senators to sign off on a compromise deal to shield Rs. It would protect those that stay and maybe prevents a much bigger plan being passed if the Ds control everything. I could see a Dec deal that give Trump one more deal maker feather in his cap.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

History_Speeches_1511_GW_Bush_Mission_Accomplished_SF_still_624x352.jpg

Maybe. I could see Mitch pushing outgoing Senators to sign off on a compromise deal to shield Rs. It would protect those that stay and maybe prevents a much bigger plan being passed if the Ds control everything. I could see a Dec deal that give Trump one more deal maker feather in his cap.

Yeah. If anything, there's supposed to be an even bigger bloodbath in 2022 for the Senate Rs. He'd want to protect as many as possible would be what he should be doing as caucus leader.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

I think my wife nailed it. She said "Well in his mind it is over - he got the virus, he got over it and now he thinks he's immune. What's the problem, it's over . . . everyone move on with your lives."

I thought for a moment, and said that's as good of an explanation as any. The man is so intensely self-interested and narcissistic. He has indeed said "so, I'm immune now. I'm immune." Like six times.

I think my wife nailed it. She said "Well in his mind it is over - he got the virus, he got over it and now he thinks he's immune. What's the problem, it's over . . . everyone move on with your lives."

I thought for a moment, and said that's as good of an explanation as any. The man is so intensely self-interested and narcissistic. He has indeed said "so, I'm immune now. I'm immune." Like six times.
    The degree to which everything - literally, EVERYTHING - is about him should scare the **** out of every American.

Ending Trump's fear of a pandemic... yup, that probably happened.

I'll wait for him to keep talking about 401ks that are going to hemorrhage more cash in the next week or so.

The filibuster is dead on day one of the new Senate term. The Barrett debacle killed any chance of the Democrats ever allowing the GOP to assert minority rule ever again. Whether the Democratic caucus can actually come together to pass meaningful legislation once they give themselves the power to do so remains to be seen.

The right to vote is so powerful it supercedes any public health programs?

So, I guess you can vote naked, since clothes obviously can't be a barrier to vote.

You can cut in line, because waiting for others gets in the way of your right to vote.

What the hell is wrong with Republicans? Why cant they just provide folks with a free mask to use for voting? Doesn't that remove the barrier?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom