All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (10 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Honestly, if we can get a decent therapeutic, like the IgG antibody cocktail, that is successful in shortening and lessening the disease symptoms, we will be fine. Something like Tamiflu, you have symptoms, you get tested, if it’s Covid, you get a shot of antibodies, you feel bad for a couple of days and then you go on with your life.

Our hospital has the ability to do a fairly rapid full PCR test (or will have very soon). Same analyzer that does PCR tests for strep and flu. I can see this route working better than a vaccine. We shall see.

I just saw where Christie got the Eli Lilly antibody product, which isn’t available to the public yet. So that may be why he came through relatively unscathed for someone with his risk factors.

its not that. Its his upbringing of "positive thinking"

Norman Vincent Peale. Look this up. Trump learned a ton from this guy.
Trump only talks rosie when it serves his purpose. Anyone else that suggests doing something different, then he’ll characterize it as being a disaster.

Last edited:
So, can someone answer this for me? Kayleigh McEnanay just tested negative yesterday for COVID for the first time yesterday while getting infected at the same event as Trump's fat, I eat nothing but fast food, arse. She's obviously much younger and healthier and it took her 16 days for a negative test but he was supposedly "negative" or "not a transmission risk" after nine days after actually having COVID pneumonia - which she never had. Yeah, he got three cocktails of drugs not available to the rest of us to treat the symptoms and some antibodies (on our dime while the rest of us suffer and die) but would that really make him NEGATIVE in nine days? I'm not going to pretend to be a doctor but even his wife and kid took nearly a week longer than him to test negative and we still haven't seen an actual negative test for him - just his claim that he tested negative. It just doesn't add up to me. I wouldn't be the lest bit surprised if he's a long hauler and is still taking steroids and cocktails to be healthy enough to campaign.

So, can someone answer this for me? Kayleigh McEnanay just tested negative yesterday for COVID for the first time yesterday while getting infected at the same event as Trump's fat, I eat nothing but fast food, arse. She's obviously much younger and healthier and it took her 16 days for a negative test but he was supposedly "negative" or "not a transmission risk" after nine days after actually having COVID pneumonia - which she never had. Yeah, he got three cocktails of drugs not available to the rest of us to treat the symptoms and some antibodies (on our dime while the rest of us suffer and die) but would that really make him NEGATIVE in nine days? I'm not going to pretend to be a doctor but even his wife and kid took nearly a week longer than him to test negative and we still haven't seen an actual negative test for him - just his claim that he tested negative. It just doesn't add up to me. I wouldn't be the lest bit surprised if he's a long hauler and is still taking steroids and cocktails to be healthy enough to campaign.

The CDC says that a person is considered not a transmission risk 10 days after symptoms first appeared.

When they said Trump wasn't a transmission risk, that had nothing to do with his negative testing or his condition, and solely based on the 10 day window.

That said, if Trump is a lame duck, who knows what he'll do?
I think it's pretty obvious what he's going to do and I've been saying it for months. He's going to kill as many Americans as possible for not reelecting him. He'll have damn near three months to do nothing. He's already pushing herd immunity. Without herd immunity, the projections are that we'll have over 400K dead by the end of the year (some going as high as half a million, especially if you account for what has been what many doctors/hospitals are saying is underreporting of the actual death count and that we're already at 255K dead). The man is the face of evil. I truly hope he keels over at a rally and never recovers. He's shown to be a sociopath throughout his entire life and look at how much that has multiplied since he actually got some real power to go with his ability to flaunt the law. He's literally wiping out the elderly, poor and middle class and doesn't give two shirts that he's doing it.

The CDC says that a person is considered not a transmission risk 10 days after symptoms first appeared.

When they said Trump wasn't a transmission risk, that had nothing to do with his negative testing or his condition, and solely based on the 10 day window.
The CDC is so compromised at this point that I don't actually believe them. Originally, if you tested positive the mandatory quarantine was for 14 days but once the economy was reopened they lowered it to ten. Then, magically, we had the highest spike in cases in the dead heat of summer in July.

Mississippi has repealed their mask order right when it's about to get cold. We are quite literally the dumbest country on earth at this point. My office building's HVAC system is literally from the 1960's when the building was built. I've had the vents in my office closed since March because it just recirculates the air inside the building all day long. I'm sure that's the case with lots of buildings across the country and it's going to get lots of people sick and kill even more. The fact that we (at the state and federal level) aren't adding precautions in advance really pisses me off.

4 highest case numbers in the world: USA, India, Brazil, Venezuela. See anything in common?

Last edited:
The CDC is so compromised at this point that I don't actually believe them. Originally, if you tested positive the mandatory quarantine was for 14 days but once the economy was reopened they lowered it to ten. Then, magically, we had the highest spike in cases in the dead heat of summer in July.

Mississippi has repealed their mask order right when it's about to get cold. We are quite literally the dumbest country on earth at this point. My office building's HVAC system is literally from the 1960's when the building was built. I've had the vents in my office closed since March because it just recirculates the air inside the building all day long. I'm sure that's the case with lots of buildings across the country and it's going to get lots of people sick and kill even more. The fact that we (at the state and federal level) aren't adding precautions in advance really pisses me off.

4 highest case numbers in the world: USA, India, Brazil, Venezuela. See anything in common?

I wasn't saying that the CDC was accurate, I was simply explaining how they could say that Trump wasn't a transmission risk. In reality, there was no way he was going to stay home and do the right thing, so they HAD to figure out a way to explain it.

Never had it.

I don’t understand why the time counts from the initial symptoms, instead of when the symptoms are gone. That doesn’t make sense to me. The claim that masks wouldn’t help never made sense to me, and I called it out, and I’m calling this out as another illogical stance.

I wasn't saying that the CDC was accurate, I was simply explaining how they could say that Trump wasn't a transmission risk. In reality, there was no way he was going to stay home and do the right thing, so they HAD to figure out a way to explain it.
Oh, I never thought you were. I was just expressing my frustration with all of the utter bullshirt surrounding the entire political weaponization of a public health crisis. It's downright exhausting and there is literally no end in sight.

Oh, I never thought you were. I was just expressing my frustration with all of the utter bullshirt surrounding the entire political weaponization of a public health crisis. It's downright exhausting and there is literally no end in sight.
Some great reporting from propublica on the early handling of the crisis and politization of the CDC here: https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-the-fall-of-the-cdc/

I don't think it's already been shared unless I missed it. It's a long read, but well worth it.

At that distance you would need a full face shield and an N-95.

Seriously, this herd immunity nonsense is going to kill a lot more people than have already died. There’s no way to “shield the vulnerable” without forcibly putting them into camps or something similar. Maybe house arrest? And on top of that, we cannot predict for sure who will be vulnerable, there is a pretty high proportion of the population that has pre-existing conditions of some sort. You going to lock up everyone over 60? Every diabetic? Everyone who has asthma? High blood pressure? It’s just some sort of Orwellian nonsense.

I cannot believe people are actually thinking about it, so that they don’t have to be inconvenienced by wearing a mask for a few months?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom