All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Yeah, this stuff didn't age well...

1596145498060.png

1596145561776.png

He played a stupid game and he won a stupid prize. I feel for his family that joined him in those photos. I suspect that a few of them may see him again sooner than they expect. There's no political belief that I would risk my life or the lives of my family and children to prove right.

He played a stupid game and he won a stupid prize. I feel for his family that joined him in those photos. I suspect that a few of them may see him again sooner than they expect. There's no political belief that I would risk my life or the lives of my family and children to prove right.

No shirt. My girlfriend is currently pissed at me because she wants to go to this seafood boil/party one of her siblings is putting on and I told her that if she did she's going to be self-quarantining somewhere for two weeks. As someone with a high-risk factor (hell, she has one too) AND working in healthcare who see the reports daily, I don't want anything to do with this damn thing beyond what my job requires. It doesn't matter how much I love you.

Very lengthy read here about an ambitious (and flawed) national test program put together by a group led by Kushner. The plan was developed enough for members to believe that it was going to be announced in early April. Then, it just disappeared.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...s-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

speaking of Kushner's plan, the news coming out about Kushner suppressing that national plan, and the committee, in order to let the blue states suffer, to punish the governors of those states, seems too cruel even by his abhorrent standards.

Good grief...

speaking of Kushner's plan, the news coming out about Kushner suppressing that national plan, and the committee, in order to let the blue states suffer, to punish the governors of those states, seems too cruel even by his abhorrent standards.

Good grief...
    So in one foul swoop, Kushner became responsible for the worst pandemic this nation has ever seen, tanked the economy on a scale never imagined and put millions of people out of work. Bernie Madoff is in prison for doing far less. There's no way Kushner should be safe walking the streets of the United States. I mean essentially, he was cool with letting people die as long as those people were democrats. There's should be a special place in hell for him and his family. I wouldn't shed one tear if they reach that destination sooner rather than later.

Because science indicates crowds exacerbate the spread of coronavirus, Jordan asked Fauci on Friday if the government "should limit the protests." "I'm not in a position to determine what the government should do in a forceful way," Fauci responded. So Jordan kept pressing: "The government is stopping people from going to church," claiming that's something "the five liberals" on the Supreme Court had decided. But Fauci continued holding out, saying he does not "judge one crowd versus another crowd" and would not "opine on who should get arrested or not. That's not my position."

Anyone else besides me, think Jim jordan is trying to be all smart, but is as dumb as a bag of bricks?

Because science indicates crowds exacerbate the spread of coronavirus, Jordan asked Fauci on Friday if the government "should limit the protests." "I'm not in a position to determine what the government should do in a forceful way," Fauci responded. So Jordan kept pressing: "The government is stopping people from going to church," claiming that's something "the five liberals" on the Supreme Court had decided. But Fauci continued holding out, saying he does not "judge one crowd versus another crowd" and would not "opine on who should get arrested or not. That's not my position."

Anyone else besides me, think Jim jordan is trying to be all smart, but is as dumb as a bag of bricks?

He's also an abuse enabler that threw the victims under the bus, branded them as liars. He can get forked.

I am furious! There have been at least 10 people at my wife's place of employment that have tested positive for COVID-19. They still have very few protocols in place, but have at least barred employees from other areas from coming into the office area where my wife works. Still no masks. The business is family owned and at least 6-7 members of the family go back and forth from other departments and the office area. Today, my wife tells me that two members of the owning family have tested positive, one of whom came back to work yesterday after learning of his test results and the other hung around the office today after his test, but before learning the result of the test was positive. He even intentionally leaned over one of the ladies' desk when he was asked to stand away from them. :cussing::banghead: Obviously, this increases the likelihood that my wife will get it (or is carrying it now!) and that I can get it (at 66 with a heart condition). I can't begin to tell you how ticked off I am. The willful ignorance of people never fails to amaze.

I am furious! There have been at least 10 people at my wife's place of employment that have tested positive for COVID-19. They still have very few protocols in place, but have at least barred employees from other areas from coming into the office area where my wife works. Still no masks. The business is family owned and at least 6-7 members of the family go back and forth from other departments and the office area. Today, my wife tells me that two members of the owning family have tested positive, one of whom came back to work yesterday after learning of his test results and the other hung around the office today after his test, but before learning the result of the test was positive. He even intentionally leaned over one of the ladies' desk when he was asked to stand away from them. :cussing::banghead: Obviously, this increases the likelihood that my wife will get it (or is carrying it now!) and that I can get it (at 66 with a heart condition). I can't begin to tell you how ticked off I am. The willful ignorance of people never fails to amaze.

That's really forked up there. Totally understand your anger.

Sounds like you need to have talk with an attorney or a gun broker.

This is what bothers me more than anything about the anti-mask crowd. The individual who won’t wear a mask often isn’t the one to suffer the consequences, so it’s like those consequences don’t exist and/or matter.

I hope y’all manage to stay COVID free, Richard.

I appreciate the sentiments. Of course, this also means that I shouldn't go see my 83-year old mother too. And every time my wife comes home from work, I will wonder if some idiot she works with has infected her.

Are they compensating your wife for having to take off work?

This is exactly how I feel about this especially after finding out that Kushner was cool with letting people in Democrat led states die for political reasons. We are all Americans until you stop acting like an American. An American would not be cool with letting other Americans die for political reasons. If that's how the "red states" felt about it then they can look to Russia for sympathy. The red states are getting what was coming to them. As my mother was fond of saying, "God don't like ugly and he ain't too keen on cute."

Richard-

I am so sorry to hear about your wife.

I can’t help but think you may have a claim under OSHA. They are required to provide a safe work environment and are required by criminal punishment to, at a minimum, provide you with a list of known health hazards associated with your workplace. Once they knew, they were then under obligation to notify under OSHA’s Right to Know clause.

Eeyore or one of the lawyers would know better and tell me I am stupid (you won’t be the first) but here is OHSA 3021, the Worker’s Rights. It is pretty clear on this stuff and they can be charged criminally.

ETA- I saw your last post. There is a whole section related to Right to Refuse Work when you feel your safety is at risk.

Your wife works for ghouls and I want to say not nice things about them but I like it here.

How many proteome in the organization, Richard? If over 50 and not healthcare, they're definitely bound by the provisions of the CARES Act and Families First.

Every time I see mr roll my sleeves up I can't really like him.

The more dickish he is in his questions he makes me want Ohio State answers. When you are an assistant coach and three hundred dudes get abused by a doctor for over 17 years you are not allowed to be so dickish. I don't buy for one second he did not know. He was an assistant coach for eight of those years.

Jordan has refused to cooperate with investigations into Strauss.

I think he has serious answers he needs to answer before he gets to ask anyone a question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom