All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

RIP. I enjoyed his stuff with Colbert a few years back.

But I wish people would have taken this more seriously, including Cain. Trump's Tulsa rally (which Cain attended, without mask) should never have gone ahead. Nowhere near the numbers of people dying from this need to.

Playing down a pandemic for political reasons just leads to more and more tragedies.

Last edited:
    Has to be Bob Hamilton. Has "hospital privileges at UCLA Santa Monica".

He is a 30 yr pediatrician. Not UCLA medical researcher.

So there ya go. Guess that answers that.

Incorrect.

His name is Dr. Joseph Ladapo

But I wish people would have taken this more seriously, including Cain. Trump's Tulsa rally (which Cain attended, without mask) should never have gone ahead. Nowhere near the numbers of people dying from this need to.

Playing down a pandemic for political reasons just leads to more and more tragedies.

I agree. Trump's Tulsa rally was shameful - so were mayors who invited and participated in arse protests with no social distancing.

Incorrect.

His name is Dr. Joseph Ladapo

he starts speaking at 37:44 if you wish to listen to what he has to say.

He hasnt been scrubbed. His voice is minor compared to those before and after him ( immediately after him, that lady doc jumps on the mic- i would implore you to listen to her )

And at no point does he say "hydrocloroquine works". AT NO POINT. He is simply playing the role of wondering aloud why certain theories exist.

he starts speaking at 37:44 if you wish to listen to what he has to say.

He hasnt been scrubbed. His voice is minor compared to those before and after him ( immediately after him, that lady doc jumps on the mic- i would implore you to listen to her )

And at no point does he say "hydrocloroquine works". AT NO POINT. He is simply playing the role of wondering aloud why certain theories exist.

At no point did I say that he said that. This is exactly what I said:
    I watched the original video of the doctors, and while everyone does keep choosing to pick on the one lady, one of the last doctors who spoke was very matter of fact and was a doctor from UCLA research medical. I was hoping to post something about him here but it seems I cannot find his name anymore to look up some information on him. It's not very comforting the level of scrubbing that is being done like this.

He was very clear and concise on his message. Do you disagree with any of what he said?

At no point did I say that he said that. This is exactly what I said:
    I watched the original video of the doctors, and while everyone does keep choosing to pick on the one lady, one of the last doctors who spoke was very matter of fact and was a doctor from UCLA research medical. I was hoping to post something about him here but it seems I cannot find his name anymore to look up some information on him. It's not very comforting the level of scrubbing that is being done like this.

He was very clear and concise on his message. Do you disagree with any of what he said?

he didnt say anything lol thats the point. What was he 'clear and concise" on exactly?

Very sad, and IMO completely preventable. RIP Mr Cain.

Yeah, this stuff didn't age well...

1596145498060.png

1596145561776.png

This is complete and utter crap. Suddenly, the curve is not only going to flatten, but nose dive so Trump doesn't look like he's still responsible for thousands of people dying everyday because of his ineptitude and apparent plan to let the virus spread in the beginning because it was flaring up in mostly blue states.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.

On April 27, Trump stepped to a podium in the Rose Garden, flanked by members of his coronavirus task force and leaders of America’s big commercial testing laboratories, Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp, and finally announced a testing plan: It bore almost no resemblance to the one that had been forged in late March, and shifted the problem of diagnostic testing almost entirely to individual states.

Under the plan released that day, the federal government would act as a facilitator to help increase needed supplies and rapidly approve new versions of diagnostic-testing kits. But the bulk of the effort to operate testing sites and find available labs fell to the states.

It's a really in depth read into how we ended up where we are today.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom