2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

The question was will he wage jihad on the constitution of the United States? He will not wage jihad against the Constitution of the United States. He IS against having kindergarten thru 4th graders listening to anything relating to human sexuality in the classroom. He thinks that young children should focus on learning to read and math. Much of America will agree with that. I'm going to watch with great interest as the weeks and months go by. We live in very interesting times.

Maybe not all of the Constitution, I'm sure the 2nd amendment is safe.

The very first sentence of the very first amendment in the Bill of Rights states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion", and DeSantis is signing bills to force prayer and the 10 commandments into schools, he's on a crusade against Disney because Disney criticized his "don't say gay" decree. Just about everything he does and says panders to evangelicals, those who cannot wait for the world to end in a ball of fire while their alleged righteous arses are saved by their messiah.

And there's more than reading and math... there is history, which DeSantis doesn't want taught either; the book bannings based on "morals"... and last time I was in school, there was this subject called biology being taught.

Then there's the abortion bans, which continue to get shorter and shorter periods, with the eventual aim at banning all abortions and the morning after pill.

If you don't like the term jihad because is in Arabic and it is associated with Muslims, crusade?

Last edited:
    I'm going to blame him and his lame arse culture war

According to documents released by the Florida Freedom to Read Project and first reported by the Herald, the poem was removed from circulation after a parent claimed in March that it “is not educational and have indirectly [sic] hate messages.” The same parent brought challenges to four other books: The ABCs of Black History, Cuban Kids, Countries in the News Cuba and Love to Langston.

The complaint also incorrectly attributed Gorman’s poem to Oprah Winfrey.

Trust me, im no English major, but that "complaint" looks to have been written by a 4th grader. Good grief we have some really really dumb people in this country.

I'm going to blame him and his lame arse culture war

According to documents released by the Florida Freedom to Read Project and first reported by the Herald, the poem was removed from circulation after a parent claimed in March that it “is not educational and have indirectly [sic] hate messages.” The same parent brought challenges to four other books: The ABCs of Black History, Cuban Kids, Countries in the News Cuba and Love to Langston.

The complaint also incorrectly attributed Gorman’s poem to Oprah Winfrey.

I can't believe that's all it takes to get a book banned. We're not living in the US anymore, we're living fractured country where the South has become a right wing, fascist dystopian region. I need to get the hell out.

My post will bring about fervent rebuttals. I am not in the mood to read them or respond. I will come back eventually of course. Yet it will be awhile😉
    Oh, and to be sure...this is such a childish approach. Post drivel and not bother to defend it. One way discussions aren't really discussions at all. Completely disingenuous. But then, that's not new coming from you.

:byee:

DeSantis is the living embodiment of Icarus.

He’s about 2/3 of the way up I would guess.

The moment he steps out of the swamp that is Florida he’s is unelectable. Just a short, no necked hack.

He has cut his own throat nationally with all of these moves to court Trump’s base. But last I saw he is like 30 points down to Trump so that didn’t even work.

He has no shot to beat trump. He has less to beat Biden.

According to this article, Laura Ingram had a guest on her show and they were discussion Donald Trump's low poll numbers.
    Trump would lose to B
    iden.
    Yet Biden would lose to a "Generic Republican"
    Read the article and it will make more sense.
    Naturally Trump has now turned on Laura Ingram and has told his followers to switch to Newsmax.
    Everyone who doubted me and thought I'd hold my nose and vote for Trump should be convinced by now.
    Not expecting anyone to apologize though.

Nope, don't care about that at all....good for you I guess?

You were ready to throw your unfettered support behind DeSantis who is quite possibly even worse than Trump (unless you really want a white christian nationalist/supremacist country) before you admitted you really didn't know that much about him.....

Apparently just because he is an R.......

Your party has lost it's way and is likely never coming back to sanity, at least in it's current state.....

Nope, don't care about that at all....good for you I guess?

You were ready to throw your unfettered support behind DeSantis who is quite possibly even worse than Trump (unless you really want a white christian nationalist/supremacist country) before you admitted you really didn't know that much about him.....

Apparently just because he is an R.......

Your party has lost it's way and is likely never coming back to sanity, at least in it's current state.....
    You're just figuring this out? He sends his kid to Liberty University -- that's pretty much their mission statement.

Evidently he signed it today. So the legislature was holding it up. It’s a bad deal for the residents of FL, which it’s evident they don’t care about.

DeSantis may as well drop out. This Twitter shirt show is his “please clap” moment.

What happens when you barge in and fire everyone who knows what they're doing?
    A big system will lurch along for a while on sheer momentum. Until it's stressed and something breaks.

Amazed people still believe Elon is the brains behind Tesla and SpaceX.

This should pull the curtain back. It's always the engineers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom