2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Poor me.
    I have no decency? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
    I don't know if you do or you don't. If you claim to have any sense of decency, I question how you can continue to support republican ideals. Republicans have demonstrated that they have no respect for personal rights, no respect for the laws of this country, have no problem with being hypocrites, have no problem taking from the poor to support the rich, and don't give a damn about women's rights or minorities. I guess that fits you. To each his/her own...that is until republicans find a way to change that as well.

I don't know if you do or you don't. If you claim to have any sense of decency, I question how you can continue to support republican ideals. Republicans have demonstrated that they have no respect for personal rights, no respect for the laws of this country, have no problem with being hypocrites, have no problem taking from the poor to support the rich, and don't give a damn about women's rights or minorities. I guess that fits you. To each his/her own...that is until republicans find a way to change that as well.
    After School Band practices resume today. I have a busy day ahead of me.
    No time to argue with you.

I don't watch Laura I's show, but she has some good advice for Donald Trump....

"Talk less about yourself"

If there is any one single truth in the universe, it is that Donald Trump is uniquely obsessed with himself - suggesting Donald Trump talk less about himself is about the most pointless, impossible suggestion anyone could make about anything.

"Talk less about yourself"

If there is any one single truth in the universe, it is that Donald Trump is uniquely obsessed with himself - suggesting Donald Trump talk less about himself is about the most pointless, impossible suggestion anyone could make about anything.

Not only that, it takes away the ONE thing Trump excels at, relatability. Making the listener think "oh he just like me".

You take THAT away from Trump and you are left with 260 lbs~ of blabbering blubber.

This could have gone in the covid thread too
    =============================

Former President Donald Trump may have finally hit upon a new nickname for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Well, not Trump, but someone who posted a video he shared on Truth Social.

In a late-night missive against DeSantis on Wednesday, Trump posted a screenshot of a user who referred to the governor as “Ron DeSoros,” in a nod to George Soros, the billionaire donor to liberal causes. Soros is a regular whipping post for conservatives, who say he wields immense power within the Democratic Party and in global affairs.

So far, Trump has referred to the governor as “Ron DeSanctimonious,” “Ron DeSanctus,” and, privately, “Meatball Ron,” though he denies this.

“This is a Classic,” Trump wrote. “So much for Ron and anti-vax. Besides, he got the vaccine and booster, just doesn’t talk about it. He also closed up Florida, and its beaches.”

Trump’s post features a video posted by “Yoshi The Patriot,” who accused DeSantis of using a 100-year-old man as a “Guinea pig” for the Covid vaccine.

“Ron DeSoros used a 100 year old WW2 veteran as a Guinea pig on live TV,” Yoshi said of the video, which was clipped from Fox News. “The veteran, Henry Sayler, died 4 months later. But sure, DeSantis would have fired Fauci.”

The Fauci remark was a reference to comments by DeSantis this week stating he would have fired Dr. Anthony Fauci, who helped oversee the Trump and Biden administrations’ responses to the pandemic.

Sayler died not long after receiving the vaccine, but there is no evidence the two events are related. Also, as the poster noted, he was 100 years old............

feels like this will become a bigger issue
    ========================
    A former detainee of the Guantanamo Bay prison camp has claimed that Florida governor and 2024 presidential contender Ron DeSantis witnessed him being tortured during the time he was stationed there.

Mansoor Adayfi, a Yemeni citizen who was held for 14 years on the US Naval base in Cuba, told The Independent in an extraordinary interview that he was brutally force-fed by camp staff during a hunger strike in 2006, and that Mr DeSantis was present for at least one of those sessions.

The United Nations has characterised the force-feeding of hunger strikers at Guantanamo Bay as torture. The US government has denied that the practice amounts to torture, and it has been used against prisoners over successive administrations during hunger strikes.

Mr DeSantis was stationed on the base between March 2006 and January 2007, according to his military records.

An investigation by The Independent details the following claims:

• Two prisoners held at the camp at the time Mr DeSantis was stationed there claim he witnessed the forced-feeding of hunger-striking prisoners.
    • Mr Adayfi claims that Mr DeSantis had initially told him he was there for the detainees’ welfare.
    • Mr DeSantis was stationed at Guantanamo during a year marked by riots, hunger strikes and death.
    • Part of his role was to field concerns and complaints from prisoners.
    • Mr DeSantis emerged from his time at Guantanamo as an advocate for its continued use, and against the release of detainees...........

...............Mr Mustapha told The Independent that the allegations that Mr DeSantis witnessed torture at Guantanamo would do “incredible damage to the US’ standing and will critically undermine its claims to promote human rights” if he became president.

“His behaviour is certainly cruel by any standard. It is unnerving considering he may be leading policy at the White House,” he added.

“That DeSantis has been able to secure a position in the upper echelons of US politics, despite being complicit in the torture and abuse of prisoners in Guantanamo Bay, shows the disregard the US government has for human rights – the very notion it used in the propagation of its disastrous and calamitous so-called ‘War on Terror,’” he said in a press release issued last week as the allegations first broke.

For those familiar with the finer details of the force-feeding regime at Guantanamo, the news was met with a mixture of concern and a lack of surprise.

Eric Lewis, a human rights lawyer who represented clients who were held at Guantanamo, wrote in an op-ed for The Independent that he watched videos of the force-feeding at the prison camp as part of his legal duties.

“I saw the pain and the humiliation and heard the screaming as my client was pinned to a chair and had overly wide, under-lubricated rubber tubing shoved blindly, quickly and forcibly down his throat, through his digestive tract and into his stomach. Only a sadist could impose and witness such treatment without grave concern and soul-sickness,” Mr Lewis, who sits on the board of The Independent, wrote.

“To my mind, relying on Ron DeSantis to feel empathy for torture victims was a fool’s errand then and would be one again if he runs for president in 2024,” he added.

Clive Stafford Smith, also a lawyer, who represents several detainees at Guantanamo and has protested against the force-feeding of hunger strikers previously, told The Independent that it was “not in the least surprising” that Mr DeSantis had remained quiet about his time serving at the notorious prison.

“He talks tough about ‘being in Guantanamo’ but omits any discussion of abuses. But then most people who were at Abu Ghraib prefer just to say they served in the Iraq War too,” he said...................

feels like this will become a bigger issue
    ========================
    A former detainee of the Guantanamo Bay prison camp has claimed that Florida governor and 2024 presidential contender Ron DeSantis witnessed him being tortured during the time he was stationed there.

Mansoor Adayfi, a Yemeni citizen who was held for 14 years on the US Naval base in Cuba, told The Independent in an extraordinary interview that he was brutally force-fed by camp staff during a hunger strike in 2006, and that Mr DeSantis was present for at least one of those sessions.

The United Nations has characterised the force-feeding of hunger strikers at Guantanamo Bay as torture. The US government has denied that the practice amounts to torture, and it has been used against prisoners over successive administrations during hunger strikes.

Mr DeSantis was stationed on the base between March 2006 and January 2007, according to his military records.

An investigation by The Independent details the following claims:

• Two prisoners held at the camp at the time Mr DeSantis was stationed there claim he witnessed the forced-feeding of hunger-striking prisoners.
    • Mr Adayfi claims that Mr DeSantis had initially told him he was there for the detainees’ welfare.
    • Mr DeSantis was stationed at Guantanamo during a year marked by riots, hunger strikes and death.
    • Part of his role was to field concerns and complaints from prisoners.
    • Mr DeSantis emerged from his time at Guantanamo as an advocate for its continued use, and against the release of detainees...........

...............Mr Mustapha told The Independent that the allegations that Mr DeSantis witnessed torture at Guantanamo would do “incredible damage to the US’ standing and will critically undermine its claims to promote human rights” if he became president.

“His behaviour is certainly cruel by any standard. It is unnerving considering he may be leading policy at the White House,” he added.

“That DeSantis has been able to secure a position in the upper echelons of US politics, despite being complicit in the torture and abuse of prisoners in Guantanamo Bay, shows the disregard the US government has for human rights – the very notion it used in the propagation of its disastrous and calamitous so-called ‘War on Terror,’” he said in a press release issued last week as the allegations first broke.

For those familiar with the finer details of the force-feeding regime at Guantanamo, the news was met with a mixture of concern and a lack of surprise.

Eric Lewis, a human rights lawyer who represented clients who were held at Guantanamo, wrote in an op-ed for The Independent that he watched videos of the force-feeding at the prison camp as part of his legal duties.

“I saw the pain and the humiliation and heard the screaming as my client was pinned to a chair and had overly wide, under-lubricated rubber tubing shoved blindly, quickly and forcibly down his throat, through his digestive tract and into his stomach. Only a sadist could impose and witness such treatment without grave concern and soul-sickness,” Mr Lewis, who sits on the board of The Independent, wrote.

“To my mind, relying on Ron DeSantis to feel empathy for torture victims was a fool’s errand then and would be one again if he runs for president in 2024,” he added.

Clive Stafford Smith, also a lawyer, who represents several detainees at Guantanamo and has protested against the force-feeding of hunger strikers previously, told The Independent that it was “not in the least surprising” that Mr DeSantis had remained quiet about his time serving at the notorious prison.

“He talks tough about ‘being in Guantanamo’ but omits any discussion of abuses. But then most people who were at Abu Ghraib prefer just to say they served in the Iraq War too,” he said...................

It'll go nowhere. It's a trap for Dems. Why?
    Because nobody gives a shirt for terrorists. (We should, but we don't.)

It'll go nowhere. It's a trap for Dems. Why?
    Because nobody gives a shirt for terrorists. (We should, but we don't.)
    Wasn't there fallout from the Abu Graib scandal (I think it was more the soldiers in the photos than their superiors, but may be wrong on that), and I do remember it being a big scandal at the time

Did Meatball Ron* just say his new bill will presume guilt?
    That doesn’t sound right.

* I love the name! The only think Trump ever has done that i like and he doesn’t take credit for it. God he sucks.

Trump is really out of control!
    Read his latest craziness here...

Last edited:
    Trump is really out of control!
    Read he latest craziness here...
    When do you suppose anybody with a backbone in Republican leadership will go down to FL and yank a knot in his tail? Is there anyone? Now you know why I gave up on supporting any Republican for anything ever again.

Ron DeSantis, the rightwing Florida governor and rising Republican star, has said he would not accept an offer to be Donald Trump’s running mate because he is “probably more of an executive guy”.

“I think that you want to be able to do things,” the Florida governor told the hard-right Newsmax channel.

DeSantis has not yet entered the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination but he is Trump’s only serious rival in polling and is widely expected to announce his run in the coming months.

DeSantis’s growing influence in Republican politics has seen Trump turn his guns on his ambitions……

Rather than a primary campaign, DeSantis has mounted a book tour: in part because under Florida law he is supposed to resign his state office to pursue a federal post.

On Friday, the Daily Beast detailed what it said were “a few road bumps” hit by the tour, including the withdrawal of the top event coordinator.

Amid reports of missing podiums and snubbed power brokers, a source described as a “seasoned GOP presidential campaign strategist” told the Beast: “This is amateur hour.” Another “Republican observer” said the operation was “out over its skis”.

A “Florida Republican consultant who has advised DeSantis” said: “I think it’s gone poorly. I hear nothing but they are unhappy.”

Such reports have provoked glee in the Trump camp. In a message viewed by the Guardian, one veteran operative said: “Heard this was coming. No one is running the place.”……..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom