2024 GOP Presidential Race (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
He won convincingly.
Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
Here is an interesting article on this topic...
What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I am inclined to support Republican positive behavior and not comment on their negative behavior.
I think many people are like that.
Doesn't make it right. Don't Republicans tend to believe in objective truth? Or are you saying you believe in objective truth, but prefer to sweep it under the rug when it doesn't benefit you politically?

Is that a good way to be?

It is extremely rare for democratic leaning posters on this forum to criticize democratic politicians.
That's just the way we all are.
I have no problem calling balls and strikes on both sides of the aisle, and my posting record proves that.
I tend to point out more problems with the Republican party because there are, in fact, more problems with the Republican party.

Don't single me out.
We're not. Everyone on this forum who posts bullshirt gets called on it.

I would argue that Democrats do get called to the carpet for their actions.

Ask Al Franken, the guy in the clip, if Dems let you slide. Or John Edwards. Or Gary Hart.
It was a baseless accusation to start with. I question how anyone with any sense of decency could continue to support the republican party. The majority of the supporters have more than demonstrated that if you don't pass the "I believe the big lie" litmus test, you are a RINO.

I would argue that Democrats do get called to the carpet for their actions.

Ask Al Franken, the guy in the clip, if Dems let you slide. Or John Edwards. Or Gary Hart.
All three of those examples are "FORMER" people of importance.
Any contemporary examples ?

It was a baseless accusation to start with. I question how anyone with any sense of decency could continue to support the republican party. The majority of the supporters have more than demonstrated that if you don't pass the "I believe the big lie" litmus test, you are a RINO.
Poor me.
I have no decency? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Can you provide an example of a current Dem roiled in scandal that is/was being given leeway? I couldn’t seem to find one.

Should we bring up Santos
now?
You do whatever you want.
I have no interest in Santos.

Any contemporary examples ?
from 2019
===============

Representative Katie Hill of California announced Sunday that she is resigning from Congress amid allegations of sexual relationships with a member of her congressional staff and a campaign staffer. "This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I believe it is the best thing for my constituents, my community and our country," she said in a statement on Twitter.............

The sexual harassment wave sweeping Washington has claimed its first accused member of Congress. Or has it?

Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) announced Tuesday he's “retiring” after 53 years in Congress. His “retirement” is effective immediately, he told Detroit's 102.7 radio.

“I am retiring today,” he said.

Some of Conyers's critics and accusers will no doubt see his retirement as Conyers ducking out a back door to escape facing an investigation over multiple accusations that he sexually harassed or mistreated female staff members over two decades.............

Franken resigned in 2018 - 5 years ago. That's during Trump's first term. How is that not contemporary?
Who is a democrat currently in office that you don't support?
I have a few Republicans currently in office that I don't like.
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Lauren Boebert
There's surely more.
That's off the top of my head.

Marjorie Taylor Greene
Lauren Boebert
There's surely more.

By raising the tide of the Republican party, you lift those boats as well. And those two (along with people like Gosar) are objectively terrible people with no real comparison among the ranks of the Democrats.

Marjorie Taylor Greene
Lauren Boebert
There's surely more.
Would you say there's someone on the Democratic side equivalent to Marjorie Taylor Greene and/or Lauren Boebert (and Gosar, and Gaetz, and Hawley, but I digress)?

I think Ilhan Omar has said some questionable things before, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she left. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she stayed, either. I'm generally ok with most current Democratic representatives because they're generally reasonable people.

There's a long, long list of Republicans who are not reasonable people.

1679528749446.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom